It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What's the frequency, ATS?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have recently come to regard frequency as the Esperanto of the cosmos.

Every force (save gravity, but I'm sure there are PLENTY of other threads along those lines already) takes form as an oscillating pattern. Light, sound, matter, electric current, and even thoughts have unique waveform signatures. It is possible to translate the distinct manifestations of one force into the corresponding signatures of others.

Or to put it more clearly:

Any signal that can be represented as an amplitude that varies with time has a corresponding frequency spectrum. This includes familiar concepts such as visible light (color), musical notes, radio/TV channels, and even the regular rotation of the earth. When these physical phenomena are represented in the form of a frequency spectrum, certain physical descriptions of their internal processes become much simpler. Often, the frequency spectrum clearly shows harmonics, visible as distinct spikes or lines, that provide insight into the mechanisms that generate the entire signal.

Example: Electric current translated to sound frequencies = what comes out of your earbuds.

Or: light waves converted to electrical impulses = how your optic nerve operates.

The hook here for me is that everything that can be rendered as a frequency can be translated into it's corresponding signature as manifested in another force. This sound is the noise doppelganger of that shade of orange, and that radio frequency translates into that thought-form, and so forth.

The Rosetta stone of frequency turns out to be a doozy of a algorithmic formula called the Fourier Transform:

The Fourier transform is a mathematical operation that decomposes a signal into its constituent frequencies. Thus the Fourier transform of a musical chord is a mathematical representation of the amplitudes of the individual notes that make it up. The original signal depends on time, and therefore is called the time domain representation of the signal, whereas the Fourier transform depends on frequency and is called the frequency domain representation of the signal...

In mathematical terms, the Fourier transform 'transforms' one complex-valued function of a real variable into another. In effect, the Fourier transform decomposes a function into oscillatory functions... In this specific case, both the time and frequency domains are unbounded linear continua.

Let's wade right into electromagnetic frequencies, and hope the current isn't too strong (har).

What generates them?

Electromagnetic fields are present everywhere in our environment but are invisible to the human eye. Electric fields are produced by the local build-up of electric charges in the atmosphere associated with thunderstorms. The earth's magnetic field causes a compass needle to orient in a North-South direction and is used by birds and fish for navigation. [ed: though no one knows quite how they do that, more on the subject to follow]

What are the main sources of low, intermediate and high frequency fields?
The time-varying electromagnetic fields produced by electrical appliances are an example of extremely low frequency (ELF) fields. ELF fields generally have frequencies up to 300 Hz. Other technologies produce intermediate frequency (IF) fields with frequencies from 300 Hz to 10 MHz and radiofrequency (RF) fields with frequencies of 10 MHz to 300 GHz. Our electricity power supply and all appliances using electricity are the main sources of ELF fields; computer screens, anti-theft devices and security systems are the main sources of IF fields; and radio, television, radar and cellular telephone antennas, and microwave ovens are the main sources of RF fields.

Electromagnetic fields at high frequencies
Mobile telephones, television and radio transmitters and radar produce RF fields. These fields are used to transmit information over long distances and form the basis of telecommunications as well as radio and television broadcasting all over the world. Microwaves are RF fields at high frequencies in the GHz range. In microwaves ovens, we use them to quickly heat food.

At radio frequencies, electric and magnetic fields are closely interrelated and we typically measure their levels as power densities in watts per square metre (W/m2).

Fair enough. Know what else generates EMFs? "Living cells, tissues, and organisms" Yup; you, your kitteh, your neighbor and his azalea bush.

Let's discuss the migratory habits of certain species. Here's the current thinking on the subject:

Birds can travel the world without any of the gizmos that humans depend on, and a new study suggests how: Our feathered friends might "see" Earth's magnetic field.

While other mechanisms are thought to help birds navigate, including magnetically sensitive cells within their beaks, their brain regions responsible for vision are in full gear during magnetic navigation, researchers said.

"If you look into the brain of a bird during magnetic compass orientation, only the visual system is highly active," said study co-author Henrik Mouritsen, a biologist at the University of Oldenburg in Germany, noting that most migratory birds do so at night. "Other regions of the brain are not, so birds could use vision to 'see' Earth's magnetism and orient themselves."

They carry a compass in their beaks, and their optic nerves translate EMFs into electrical impulses which their brains interpret as visual input. Far out, man.

What about our extra-crinkly and front-heavy brains? I won't go into the vaunted health effects of EMF exposure, google it if you want to be pointlessly bummed out. Instead, I'll go for the interesting, if slightly wacky and apocryphal stuffs.

Mind Frequencies

* NOTE: These frequencies have not been tested by me and do not represent any medical claims or claims of any other kind. You use them at your own risk.

All frequencies are in hertz.

0.20 - 0.26 Dental pain AT
0.40 - 10 Confusion AT
1.45 Tri-thalamic entrainment format. According to Ronald deStrulle, creates entrainment between hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal. May benefit dyslexics and people with Alzheimer's.MP2
4 Enkephalins; Extrasensory perception MG
7.83 Earth Resonance, grounding×, "Shumann Resonance."
9.6 Mean dominant frequency associated with the earth's magnetic field EQ
10 enhanced release of serotonin and mood elevator, universally beneficial, use to try effects of other mixes MG. Acts as an analgesic, safest frequency, especially for hangover and jet lag. EQ Meg Patterson used for nicotine withdrawal.MB3
10.80 Hertz could cause riotous behavior.
11.0 Used by the U.S.S.R. to cause negative effects in citizens of the U.S. "On July 4, 1976 the Soviet Union unleashed a new weapon on the world. Nikola Tesla had shown in 1901 that a person could transmit power across the earth through the ground. The Russians were emitting an 11 Hertz signal (cycles per second) across the world. This powerful signal upset radio communications everywhere. Many nations protested. The U.S. Air Force identified 5 different frequencies in this compound harmonic the Russians were sending through the earth and the atmosphere. The intention was to affect a change of consciousness in mankind. The Extreme Low Frequency waves will penetrate anything and everything, the specially shielded Faraday cage, the ocean. Nothing stops or weakens these signals." Directed meditation at this frequency can bring on a storm.
12.0 Centering, doorway to all other frequencie s×

Next up: the Schumann Resonances, hopefully free of redundant material.

edit on 5-6-2011 by mistermonculous because: Eff!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I love your thread, MM. As usual you struck a chord with the music that is presently playing in my head.

I have recently been studying speciation and, as is the usual with me, I can't help but wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg? I have been wondering that since adaptation is a function of allelic frequency change if an environment can therefore 'demand' speciation.

I have also been wondering quite a bit about cell signalling and homeotic gene cascades. There is a signal that is sent (probably a change in 'frequency') that causes all of this to happen and the necessary medium for communication seems to be water. This stuff has been on my mind a lot lately.

Frequency as 'Rosetta Stone'; more stunning thoughts from our beloved 'Monculous'

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Winifred Shumann (Winnie to his friends) figured out that the surface of our planet and it's ionosphere act as a resonating chamber for electomagnetic frequencies. Like a giant pinball machine with no gutters or pockets, just balls that hit the bumpers and ramps in a fixed pattern.

TheShumann Resonances (SR) are a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.[

And how can this fail to astound: Sound into salt patterns!

It's called Cymatics, folks, and it's bitchin'.

Here's the cornstarch-H2O variant:

Effing sweet, no?

And who could forget the Brown Note:

The brown note is a theoretical infrasonic frequency that would cause humans to lose control of their bowels due to resonance. There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that a "brown note" (transmitted through sound waves in air) exists.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba5ab4b66a7a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 5-6-2011 by mistermonculous because: Sploo.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I have also been wondering quite a bit about cell signalling and homeotic gene cascades. There is a signal that is sent (probably a change in 'frequency') that causes all of this to happen and the necessary medium for communication seems to be water. This stuff has been on my mind a lot lately.

In re: this and your tri-corder reference in regard to the concept, and I do hope you won't mind my quoting you:

... How to create a medium of some kind so that frequency can be communicated to and with from outside the target organism's body. In other words a Star Trek tri-corder. I think it is going to come down to being able to create a sort of 'Water-Field' between the device and the target Organism. If that could be accomplished then cell signalling might be able to be controlled from the outside.

We're fully full on the Shatner frequency today, folks.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Great Thread MM

One of my favorites, besides the obvious cymatics, Is Tesla's Oscillator

Tesla's electro-mechanical oscillator or earthquake machine is a steam-powered mechanical oscillator invented by Nikola Tesla in 1898.[1] The machine which Tesla tested was small, around seven inches (178 mm) long, and weighing one or two pounds; something "you could put in your overcoat pocket". It was reported that in 1898 Tesla's New York lab was nearly shaken to pieces by this little device, operated by five pounds of air pressure acting against a special pneumatic piston device.

On the WIKI page they say oh the TV show "Myth Busters" busted it. Yeah right.

The Brown Note too was Tesla's. I read that his good friend Mark Twain lost his lunch at his NYC Lab.

This one picture pretty much mad string theory comprehensible to me..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/968179f19c23.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

i love it
star and flag

thanks

xp

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The Brown Note too was Tesla's. I read that his good friend Mark Twain lost his lunch at his NYC Lab.

Oo, and it's a hop skip and a jump to Anton Mesmer, and his sweet orgone battery. I met a dude who set one of these up in his back yard, and used it in conjunction with a metal-alloy mat. Dude happened to be wearing a pimp hat, so that was a plus.

It probably resembled this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/784054f78207.jpg[/atsimg]

The Mesmer battery is super simple to construct: It's a wooden tub stuffed with alternating layers of dead leaves and iron filings. You ground an iron rod in the center. Cover the tub, with the rod protruding from the center of the wooden lid, as high as you like. Put your hand on the rod, and enjoy.

The classy version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27a2374309b7.jpg[/atsimg]

This one picture pretty much mad string theory comprehensible to me..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/968179f19c23.jpg[/atsimg]

Holy kee-rap, me too, mang. Thanks for sharing.
edit on 5-6-2011 by mistermonculous because: fotos

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Nice thread. But mainly I am responding to the to awesome Trek action figure toobe you posted. Haha, "Scotty! Beamin up'n ze laptop!" haha, serial episodic foreign comedy based on US sci fi culture is such an area ripe for exploitation. Who needs actors when action figures are funnier and better? Thanks for that.

Yes, of course you are right. Hmm, but what it the frequency.

Your thread title seems to remind us of the time Dan Rather got stomped by some nutjob who shouted at Dan, "What's the frequency?!" am I right? Did anyone mention what you are eluding to, the event in history where Dan Rather had some dude scream that at him while kicking at him on the ground?? If not, let me be the first to mention the background here for your thread. Dude said the military put something in his head. That technology has been proven and the people who watch Dan Rather, have been conditions to believe that such things do not happen. So what the CONDITION would be a better question. In the words of Kenny Rogers "In what condition is your condition"?

So, the frequency? Well it is simply this: Mental illness based on the law. The law says ipso facto, that the military would be doing something illegal if they put buzzing or irritating crap in some soldier's body. And in any case, the law has no brain or heart so cannot diagnose HEALTH and wouldn't have any concern or care if the soldier (who actually protects law, as such) is ill or sick or what. Law doesn't care about the sick. So the frequency is law and sickness.

Yes, because everyone wants safety, yet they also fear others, so how do obtain safety in a society where everyone fears each other? Fortunately we have bodies of humans that coalesce and form power centers, to manage our world for us. These are called restaurants-of-great-importance aka The Bar Association. Haha, but I kid. Talmud runs this world, via the Barons who built the UK parliament. That's where all our laws and enforcement derive from. The US was largely built by the same trowel that engineered the Balfour Events. The frequency? How frequently can bricks be laid in a course before the hod becomes to dry and unmanageable? If you observe a bricklayer, observe the frequency with which he takes up a new towel-full, and a fresh brick. If he is good, it's a regular rythm, like a clock, you can set your watch by it when a bricklayer gets in the zone.

So, these bodies of humans that form bodies which determine policy, well, they have determined that it is just easier and safer to promote less-healthy mental schema, and to promote all systems that provide the worst quality of mental health.

Look at the US for example. It is a lovely country, but a hellhole of mental illness. And yet, I love my countrymen and would not begrudge them their lunacies. However if one of them tries to stomp me and ask me what the frequency is, I will try to hug him and say "Chill man, you're losing it bro!" Know what I mean?

I mean if it happens to Dan Rather, it's news that they use to make us all look crazy, as any newsman who gets assaulted, then produces news about his assault. Now, as I said, most of us are deemed "crazy" if we disagree with the people in power. And yet, as Kurt Vonnegut pointed out in his essay in narcissism and serial killers and how sociopathic behavior does pay off in this world, well, THEY are the ones who are crazy, to call us crazy!

They won't admit that their overarching policies are designed to promote mental illness! So the difference between me and Dan Rather is that A: nobody would stomp me thinking I'd KNOW the frequency in their head, because only someone connected and famous, could know, and B: If that happened to me, it'd likely be a charming anecdote I'd tell my friends, I wouldn't report it to the news.

Probably I'd sit the guy down and have him talk to me about his headaches and his teeth. and if the dude looked crazy, I'd probably believe him even more. Why? Because life makes you crazy. So the frequency, is crazy, and that's healthy. It is unhealthy to try and appear un-crazy, as people like Dan Rather do. That's why his breakdown happens on-air, as money making events, and not in private where his real tears for what he has done, should be cried. I do not advocate any action what so ever against TV people except ignoring them and turning off their weapon, aka the TV. :burnit:

So anyway, if the dude looked crazy, I'm more likely to be even more interested to talk to him. I'd say "Why did you attack me?" and he'd say "Because I'm feeling extreme pain in my jaw and head and I was in combat and I think they put something in my head that is on a certain frequency and i have to make it stop or I'll go mad!" and I'd say "Well, you're attacking another human, that's pretty mad." and he'd say "yeah but I thought you might know how I could get some help!" and I'd say "Well, I am a rich and famous TV person, and I would like to take you over here and spend my own money to get you the therapy you need. I know that taking a person like you into my home and life might be disastrous like in the film "What About Bob" where a rich man's life is turned upside down when he opens the door to some so-called 'crazy' person, and yet, I will help you at least find out if you have an implant or something." and he'd say "Thanks!" ...And then I wouldn't blab about it on TV so as to embarrass the guy, nor would I file charges or make people label him "the crazy guy who attacked Dan Rather", no, for in fact it was Howard Beale himself who stomped Dan Rather that day, just that nobody recognized that he was mad as hell, and he just could not take it anymore.

I also think the events of that day, are an argument for cheaper and more widely accesible dental care in America. Seriously, whatever we have to do, we need to get people dental care so frikking raise up more dentists from this generation of high school kids. If they remove one transmitter from one jaw that prevents one newsperson from being attacked, then its worth it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

I don't often post just to say this but; nice, nice, nice images, MM.

Star Trek Tricorder; note the tiny, 'scanning wand'...

Just sos ya' knows; I have been on a Star Trek; the Next Generation binge for the last couple of days and it looks like you just pushed me over the edge into dragging out the DVDs for and 'Old Trek Sunday'. You rock.

P.s. I also felt that since we are talking about science fiction devices that may work with the 'Frequency as Esperanto of the Cosmos' theory that I should include Dr. Who's sonic screwdriver...

It must work on the same principal some how. I am thinkin'.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Frater210 because: Bzzzzt

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Fun thread

This concept has been around for a while too, so definitely quite a bit of reading available on the overall subject of oscillation/waves, even if only in ancient contexts such as advaita vedanta as well as just non-duality/duality in general. We put it into culturally relevant terms so we can better understand, but duality has been spoken of for ages in many different fashions. i do not subscribe to string theory personally, but that is neither here nor there (get it?) for the topic.

The ebb and flow of the oceans tides and the rise and fall of the waves
Just different directions of movement for the same source.

Another source of some information is sympathetic vibration physics. Though, do not expect actual hard science or math, persay, just interesting conjecture without any attempt at data acquisition (at least the last time i checked, which was admittedly a while ago!)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I LOVE the sonic screwdriver!

Where can we get one of those?

Then I could fix this stupid electric service that keeps having brownouts every time it thunders 30 miles away! arghghh

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I don't know but I am ready to join the search in earnest.

I bet We are the sonic screwdriver.

That would be all I need on my utility belt; Tricorder. Sonic Screwdriver, Esperanto Dictionary.

And a towel. Then I'd be ready.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Frater210 because: Bonan vesperon, Gratulon! Unu bieron, mi petas!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Yep!

Don't forget your towel...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah; yup (SCARY TECHY SOUNDING) "FREQUENCIES!".

One thing your o.p. doesn't make perfectly clear is theterm "frequency" is a measurement of a recurring (cyclic) signal measured over time(ONE SECOND FOR THE 'HERTZ").

a sound pressure vibration at the upper limit of human hearing could be produced at a frequency of 20 kilohertz; an electrical wave form generated by a bench top piece of test equipment could also produce a "1volt peak to peak "sinusoidal","square" or "sawtooth waveform" at a "frequency" of 20 kilohertz.

.You cannot hear the one from the signal generator unless it is converted by a transducer( in this case a speaker) to sound pressure.. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING! Thats like saying this zucchini is 20" long and that coper pipe is ALSO 2O" long .

When ever I read any of the many threads here expounding upon "the C. i. a. Frequencies! coming out of my t.v.are driving me insane
!!
I can't help but see some hunchback of notre dame covering his ears and wailing the INCHES! "the inches" they're everywhere!

edit on 5-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Are you talking about the testbed where you use a cycle generator split into and audio and visual outputs?

Quite an interesting one, if so. Definitely fun to mess around with!

All you need to do with that experiment is really anything over 75 cycles a second, and the eye will no longer be able to pick up the oscillation of the generated cycle but the ear will (and far beyond that limit as well). Obviously, specifics will vary from person to person. Took me a while to find at least an "ok" link with a similar schematic, perhaps you know of a link that is more relevant? The link shows a device which converts light into sound (still fun, but not exactly what i was looking for), so we can still perceive the oscillation directly.
edit on 5-6-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Great topic and good OP.

I do not have anything witty to add at this time, but when people make threads about learning and researching, I can't help but try to give a bump to it, and the customary flag.

I do agree that everything vibrates and can be conceptualized via frequency dynamics.

Everything is Energy after all.

If I think of anything cool as I read through the links and posts, I will add it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
'I am the vibration of the lord" is a good mantra. You have put together lots of information on this thread, mixing it with some good videos. Star Treak used vibrations to beam people "up". When Scotty beams up somebody, they stayed beamed up, is all I have to say.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Aleister because: This wording seems closer to what I recall

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Some people may not know what the title alludes to. Many years ago American news broadcaster Dan Rather was mugged, and he reported that his mugger/s kept asking him "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" He had no idea what that meant. One of the great quotes of all time, enigma-wise.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You have some interesting stuff in the post, BUT you said some things that are very false. And you left out something VERY important. You left out what Hertz means. It's ____ per second. That's all it is. The ______ can be things such as revolutions, beats, etc. In a thread titled "What's the frequency, ATS" you should at least define frequency and hertz.
One thing you said that is very false is your list of Forces. There's only 4 forces and many of the ones you listed aren't real forces. And all of the ones you use as examples fall under the same type of Force, the electromagnetic force.
You don't even mention why frequencies can change form, that's because of the "law of conservation of energy."

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Great Thread MM

One of my favorites, besides the obvious cymatics, Is Tesla's Oscillator

Tesla's electro-mechanical oscillator or earthquake machine is a steam-powered mechanical oscillator invented by Nikola Tesla in 1898.[1] The machine which Tesla tested was small, around seven inches (178 mm) long, and weighing one or two pounds; something "you could put in your overcoat pocket". It was reported that in 1898 Tesla's New York lab was nearly shaken to pieces by this little device, operated by five pounds of air pressure acting against a special pneumatic piston device.

On the WIKI page they say oh the TV show "Myth Busters" busted it. Yeah right.

You are free to prove them wrong?

Or is there some fundamental limitation?

And from memory, when mythbusters were toying with breaking the glass with someone's voice, they were successful, thus proving the myth.

I love how people think mythbsters are some sort of government proving organization... Everything is phony, unless it's not important.. lol

edit on 6/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join