It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North China is dying...and the solution that may scar a planet.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I say, let'm die. Their main goal is to put the whole world under their thumb. I say, don't help them.

The problem is, they weather modify all the time. They might try to do something ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Maybe the Chinese should invest in a haarp

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rle4lunch

Originally posted by rle4lunch
The problem is, they weather modify all the time. They might try to do something ridiculous.

As some have already suggested in this thread, maybe that is their problem.

edit on 5-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Amazing that we still think we can control all of nature.

From this article I remember learning about a Great Drought of 1876.
Killed almost 30 million people. www.sciencedaily.com...

Perhaps the worst drought, the scientists found, was the Victorian-era "Great Drought" of 1876-1878. The effects were felt across the tropics; by some estimates, resulting famines killed up to 30 million people. According to the tree-ring evidence, the effects were especially acute in India, but extended as far away as China and present-day Indonesia.

Something I'm sure of, is that history repeats itself - over and over - it comes down to a waiting game.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
reply to post by loam

The elephant in the room no one ever wants to talk about is over population. Everything else in our life is regulated
to the hilt but not propagation.Anyone can have kids.
Good post and your comment at the end was spot on.

You took the words from my mouth.
There was a recent thread on ATS about how overpopulation is just propaganda; plenty of resources on earth for everyone...
Really?
We live in a bubble; China is only a rehearsal for what it's about to come on a global scale. By that I also mean pollution, water supply, food shortage, crammed living spaces, ecologic disasters, devouring economy,wars over basic resources. And in a not very far away future....I really pity the next generations.

Great post, F&S from me, and I wish people will pay attention, for once....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised there are 3 pages of blame and finger pointing in this thread and nobody has attempted to even discuss solutions.

Desalinization?

edit on 5-6-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rle4lunch
reply to post by loam

I say, let'm die. Their main goal is to put the whole world under their thumb. I say, don't help them.

Put the whole world under their thumb? you have proof to your claims?

If you want the entire Chinese population to die because of your absurd claims, maybe you don't deserve to live either.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Maybe the Chinese should invest in a haarp

Why do that when you can buy another countries water.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I'm surprised there are 3 pages of blame and finger pointing in this thread and nobody has attempted to even discuss solutions.

Desalinization?

Desalinization has always been the best solution to water shortages, considering the fact that most of the Earth is covered in salt water!

Problem is, the folks running our society and our industries and governments like to lie all the time to protect their power and their profit margins. They Always say "But desalinization is too expensive".

So there you have it folks. Desalinization plants are too expensive for China (haha yeah right), and not only that but human lives are just not worth enough to bother with desalinization anyways (you know because its 'so' expensive).

I apologize for the cynicism and sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
They obviously need numbers 1 and 10 of the Georgia Guidestones!

Sad news though.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
maybe, just maybe, this will help china see that pollution is a bad thing.

can you imagine if the US just told people "you need to move to a prison yard to so we can spend $67 billion to move polluted undrinkable water to big cities because they are out of drinking water" ?

even though you are experiencing a drought....

yikes

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We know that the UAE gets their freshwater supplies from desalinization.

I was curious about Chinese desalinization and found this article.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

BEIJING - Seawater desalination in China means big business opportunities for those coastal areas that are economically developed, according to a recent industrial report.

By October of last year, China had built 65 seawater desalination units, with a combined desalination capacity of more than 600,000 cubic meters daily, according to the State Membrane Separation Engineering and Technology Center report.

A national plan calls for a 2-million-cubic-meters daily capacity by 2015, so there is going to be heavy demand for seawater desalination equipment under independent intellectual property rights, over the next five years, the report said.

Gao said that in the next decade China will catch the world's attention in seawater desalination.

So the supposed $62B north/south diversion project in the OP is temporary until they have desalinization as a stable source of water?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
maybe, just maybe, this will help china see that pollution is a bad thing.

can you imagine if the US just told people "you need to move to a prison yard to so we can spend $67 billion to move polluted undrinkable water to big cities because they are out of drinking water" ?

even though you are experiencing a drought....

yikes

China already knows that pollution is bad, nobody is that blind. The problem still persists that local officials and bosses of private and state owned enterprises are very much corrupt and it takes a lot of time to find out about and punish them for their crimes. The pollution, the secret ingredients in food, toys, etc...are all products of greedy profiteering businessmen of all kinds American/Chinese/International-alike.

Like many already know, Beijing cannot control the entire country and specific illusions of improvement are faked by local officials to trick senior officials. That is not to say that not all senior officials are good.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The world is changing this much is true. there is something we can all do about it but we won't. so let the cards all where they may and lets see where this path takes us. i know the future because i can extrapolate the current trends. things are going to get harder not easier. but humanity will survive. countries and empires will fall but as a whole we will pick up the pieces and start all over again. will we learn anything from our mistakes???

That's for future generations to decide. do i think we will learn? Unlikely but that's just me. call me a pessimist or a realist but that's my opinion.

people do love a fairy tale. and nobody wants to hear the truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
Good and well thought out post aside from your last comment.

You seem to forget that the Western World has damaged more of the entire planet for oil, minerals, power even #s and giggles sometimes then China ever has. Although I do not agree with their ideas to divert massive bodies of water to struggling areas I would not be so quick as to call them idiots. Especially with the track record the Western World has in regards to the environment and mother earth.

I was going to flag and star but for your immature and stupid comment at the end I won't bother.

What was stupid in his comment... he said it amazes him how stupid PEOPLE can be. Not chinese people. Big difference.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Further to your point, this article also appeared just yesterday:

Amid severe drought, Chinese government admits mistakes with Three Gorges Dam

edit on 5-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Desalinization?

Not sure what you mean, but I pointed out a potential "positive" aspect to this, that it may avert future catastrophe(s) at Three Gorges Dam if water were to be diverted. Seems that even if you agree with someone, posting something contrary to the intended temper of the thread relegates one to obscurity, rather than cautious consideration.

Solutions are mostly off the board so there is only A, B and C to consider: A source of water, where will it B going and C what it does.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

China's incredible pace of over-development may very well cause it to collapse as quickly as it has risen.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great thread.

Doesn't the North get its rainy season in July and August?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't think that first photo in the OP is from northern China, quite well known that is the unique landscape of Yangshuo, Guilin, Guangxi, China, which is more south than north.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join