It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Minority Report? Pre-crime technology at DHS. Numerous projects underway.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thought our use of pre-crime technology was just science fiction? Big brother isn't coming... he's here. The DHS has several projects underway (and I'm sure some already in place) that use indicators of people intentions to commit crime and terrorist attacks.

The first one listed here (but certainly not the only one) is FAST technology which uses remote sensors to detect when a person experiences irregular physiological properties like increased heart rate and darting eye movements that are [supposedly] associated with malicious intent.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Future Attribute Screening Technology (FAST) Project

Project Manager: Robert Middleton

Project Overview: The Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Human Factors/Behavioral Sciences Division (HFD) Future Attribute Screening Technology (FAST) project is an initiative to develop a prototype screening facility containing a suite of real-time, non-invasive sensor technologies to detect cues indicative of mal-intent (the intent or desire to cause harm) rapidly, reliably, and remotely. The system will measure both physiological and behavioral signals to make probabilistic assessments of mal-intent based on sensor outputs and advanced fusion algorithms and measure indicators using culturally neutral and non-invasive sensors. FAST uses an established independent peer-review process to ensure objectivity and thoroughness in addressing all aspects of the program.

Then, the others:

Insider Thread Detection

Insider Threat Detection Project

Project Manager: Larry Willis

Project Overview: The Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Human Factors/Behavioral Sciences Division (HFD) Insider-Threat Detection project aims to apply empirical research techniques to derive and validate observable indicators of potential insider threats before the insider commits a hostile act. This project supports the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review mission of preventing terrorism and enhancing security.

2 different project for Hostile Intent Detection

Hostile Intent Detection - Automated Prototype Project

Project Overview: The Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Human Factors/Behavioral Sciences Division (HFD) Hostile Intent Detection - Automated Prototype Project aims to demonstrate real-time, non-invasive, and culturally independent, video extraction algorithms to identify unknown or potential security threats. The operational benefit is the increased ability to detect potential threats during secondary checkpoint screening. This project supports the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review missions of preventing terrorism and enhancing security, and securing and managing our borders.

Hostile Intent Detection - Validation of Observable Indicators of Suspicious Behavior Project

Project Overview: The Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Human Factors/Behavioral Sciences Division (HFD) Hostile Intent Detection – Validation project aims to empirically validate behavioral indicators employed by Department of Homeland Security’s operational components to screen passengers at transit portals. The operational benefit is the increased ability to detect potential threats during primary checkpoint screening. This project supports Quadrennial Homeland Security Review missions of preventing terrorism and enhancing security, and securing and managing our borders.

And one for predicting a suicide bombing attack - the Predictive Screening Project

Predictive Screening Project

Project Overview: The Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate Human Factors/Behavioral Sciences Division (HFD) Predictive Screening project aims to derive observable behaviors that precede a suicide bombing attack and develop extraction algorithms to identify and alert personnel to indicators of suicide bombing behavior. The potential operational benefit is the increased ability to interdict Improvised Explosives Device (IED) threats further from the checkpoint with fewer resources. This project supports the Quadrennial Homeland Security missions of preventing terrorism and enhancing security, and securing and managing our borders.

edit on 5/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thread already exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
These recent videos come to mind...

DHS Thought Crime Tech

DHS-Testing Thought Crime Detection Technology NOW

They just talk about it like it's vitamin C for us. Patronizing tone talking AT the sheeple, not TO them. If we don't stand up for ourselves now and stop this BS, then we deserve what they do to us.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The FAST project the other thread discusses is but one of the several projects at DHS. This thread is to show that there are numerous projects underway and that it is not an isolated case. Our government fully intends to implements a police state whether we call it that or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I guess they never saw Minority Report, or just the part about wrongful incarceration, that being the entire point of the movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What I would like to know is,
Then what???

So, I walk into an Airport with or without a boarding pass,
with or without any intention of flying,
and I have had a few too many cups of coffee, and I am pissed off at my wife and
tired of her crap, trying to decide whether or not to just fly off to Timbuktu and start all over,
I am nervous, jittery,my palms are sweating, maybe paceing back n forth, I get on my cell phone and call her
to see if she even wants to try and work things out, and another man answers. I am now ready to make my choice,
I turn around and head towards the ticket counter, and.........

I get tackled by several TSA agents and arrested for......WHAT?????

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
The first one listed here (but certainly not the only one) is FAST technology which uses remote sensors to detect when a person experiences irregular physiological properties like increased heart rate and darting eye movements that are [supposedly] associated with malicious intent.

Looks like Gitmo is going to be full of methheads and coke addicts pretty soon.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
What I would like to know is,
Then what???

So, I walk into an Airport with or without a boarding pass,
with or without any intention of flying,
and I have had a few too many cups of coffee, and I am pissed off at my wife and
tired of her crap, trying to decide whether or not to just fly off to Timbuktu and start all over,
I am nervous, jittery,my palms are sweating, maybe paceing back n forth, I get on my cell phone and call her
to see if she even wants to try and work things out, and another man answers. I am now ready to make my choice,
I turn around and head towards the ticket counter, and.........

I get tackled by several TSA agents and arrested for......WHAT?????

Sounds nice doesn't it? Perhaps your screen name isn't too far from what we all are...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

darting eye movements that are [supposedly] associated with malicious intent.

sorry i just had to

:
well we allowed their spy network to grow and envolve our lives, we even brought the cameras and microphone to our homes willingly and happily.

it's not a stretch of the imagination to consider they are gonna be able to "predict" what we may or not may be thinking about doing.

add to that biometric and sensorial tech, mix it up well, wait for legislation to pass on a sunday, and voila.

a police state so incredible not even any hollywood script can match it

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that, in this world, as it is, that if you do not have too much anxiety, stress or "shifty eyes", then you are not normal, and therefore sick.

If you are completely comfortable in your own skin, and nothing about living on this planet bothers you, to the point that you can be a numb citizen, then by all means, you are probably totally sick, and that's what the powers that be would prefer.

They're out to find normal people who might be causing trouble with their self-awareness and their fascination with reality.

So if you're one of those self-aware do-gooders.. you BETTER WATCH OUT AT THE AIRPORTS, because we'll find you with our technology and harass you until you become numb like the rest of us!

Mostly sarcastic... but not really.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b93538f9062.jpg[/atsimg]

Stay rowdy.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

that's pretty much it, if people realised the state of the world we are survivng in, surviving yes, because we are way past saying this is "living", they too would show those symptoms.

the hard thing to do for a sentient human being is keeping a straight face while walking among our peers these days.

apathy and numbness reign

build a society of clones and sheeps, its easy to spot those who stand out, those who still have eyes and care to notice what is around us, those of us that still feel.

to all my still sentient humans, just practice your "thousand yard stare" and you will avoid this control grid to some extent
edit on 5/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I wanted to include this thread about Chicago's project as a way to document the different regions using this. I posted an updated story there about Chicago cops NOW visiting residents based on this pre-crime surveillance. Spooky.

Police sensing crime before it happens

new topics

top topics

join