It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers attack French nuclear group [Anonymous]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hackers attack French nuclear group [Anonymous]

translate.googleusercontent.com

In other European countries, power companies from potential hacker attacks have been warned. Responsible for the attack was for information claimed to be the industry sub-group of Anonymous . The loosely organized hacker group is suspected in the past, attacks on companies such as Sony -objector PayPal, Master Card or Visa to have carried out or the WikiLeaks. EDF confirmed on Friday on SPIEGEL inquiry attacks on their website and made it clear that no plants or safety-related systems were compr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
With words like Threats to critical infrastructure used, it would seem that the Anonymous hacker "group" has become the new face of terrorism. The whole idea of a hacker group that has no formal members, structure, etc is a little disconcerting to me being a target of law enforcement because it is so similar to the "war on terror" meme that has caused countless wars solely due to the vague identification of group members.

translate.googleusercontent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"Responsible for the attack was for information claimed to be the industry sub-group of Anonymous"

Sub-group?

Right, and you all will believe, it has to be true!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

With words like Threats to critical infrastructure used, it would seem that the Anonymous hacker "group" has become the new face of terrorism.

It would seem that there are a great number of people out there wanting you to believe that.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

With words like Threats to critical infrastructure used, it would seem that the Anonymous hacker "group" has become the new face of terrorism.

It would seem that there are a great number of people out there wanting you to believe that.

True. I meant... to the masses... the new face of terrorism to the masses.
edit on 5/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wars will be started this way... Wars against unidentified "groups", individuals, etc... Sad, sad state of affairs...

Cyber Combat: Act of War

The report will also spark a debate over a range of sensitive issues the Pentagon left unaddressed, including whether the U.S. can ever be certain about an attack's origin, and how to define when computer sabotage is serious enough to constitute an act of war. These questions have already been a topic of dispute within the military.

edit on 5/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Cyber-terrorism ... in this context.... This is the stuff of secret agencies within governments targeting their known enemies. It is done to extract secret information without leaving traces, or to sabotage systems that could cause serious problems... This kind of stuff is only going to get worse. When power grids begin to randomly fail, and ultimately a chain of failures results in meltdowns in nuclear power plants people will then understand how serious this is.

The new face of "terrorism" is the same as the old, radical Islamic sects hell bent on the destruction of Israel and the west, and to convert the world to Islam, by force where necessary.

The true faces of both cyber-terrorism, and terrorism in general are cloaked, and well hidden behind the facade of hackers and terrorist organizations.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
hmm hackers.. are the new terrorists.. matrix anyone?
edit on 5/6/11 by emptyOmind because: i can't spell

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It all starts with a group like anonymous, if you watched the movie V for Vendetta, all it will take is for the government to # up on one thing publicly in front of eye witnesses. What people dont realize is that Anonymous is mostly 14 year olds sitting in their basements. It is only a matter of time before the gov kills a kid publicly. The sad thing about fighting a ghost is that you are blinded. This is a battle of Ghost Vs Ghost, and once they killed a kid this will be enough to spark up more hatred towards the Gov.

I don't condone this, however, I see that sometimes in order for revolution to make a success, one must become a martyrr. Someone innocent will die and people will awaken to the truth and begin questioning things even more. This will get out of governments control world wide. Even if they try to silence people, all it will do is cause even more rebellious acts.

The sad thing is, we dont know if this is also the globalists plan. To me this a set up, I dont think a bun ch of 14 year olds are capable of this. I used to support anonymous, but now I am just on the sidelines watching things unfold, it is...quite a curious and interesting thing when you are just an observer.

I have concluded that I choose neither side, for both sides are wrong. The governments desperation however, will end up being their own downfall. No matter how much power you have, if you can't control that power, that same power will end up destroying you.

Carefull what you wish for, you just might get it. Everything has a price. And what we are witnessing is the rise of the Equal to TPTB. The war between them if carried out has these possible outcomes.

1) They may end up destroying us all
2) TPTB ends up getting defeated, sure everything will be blissfull...at first, but one thing about the victor, is that no matter how much they try to do good, they in the end will end up becoming just as corrupt as it's predecessor. Thus continuing the endless cycle of monotony.

Or we can think outside the Box and sit down and negotiate for truce and peace and existence. But here is the kicker of being the neutralist, you will end up getting both TPTB and its opposite against you, because they are both so closed minded that they dont think of other peacefull resolutions to the current problem.

Which is the division of humanity. Im all for a one world Government, but the one I have envisioned is utopia, one where Free Will is the sacred Law. If we all became immortal somehow, there would be no crimes. and everyone would be happy. All It takes is basic understanding, that fighting gets us nowhere. But I will not however support tyranny and injustice.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Terrorists=CIA
Anonymous=CIA

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I doubt its even them, to be honest.

That is the absolute worst problem with Anonymous. The government or CIA or anyone at all can do something and pretend to be them, and how could anyone ever know for sure? Just like "Anonymous Iran" was likely our CIA, this is likely some government group who wants to force tighter security on the internet too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Terrorists=CIA Anonymous=CIA

You ability to produce an answer of this quality amaze me

I suggest you to never again read anythings about conspiracy

Shutdown your computer and go outside
Dont worry the CIA is not after you

*facepalm*

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I saw on another forum today where a lady was referring to the LEO's being "at war". My challenge is, what war? Who are they at war against? And does this war fall under the same heading as the other real wars that Smedley Butler called "racket"? I posit that having 3 million people in prison is the answer to that last question.

I am sure Anon is a real group of truly concerned citizens. The TEA Party started out the same way. But government has a way of infiltrating everything that might bring about change, bastardizing it for their own needs. The TEA Party is now nothing more than "GOP Lite".

But if Anon is being misrepresented with these attacks the only reason can be because the next war slated for humanity is one where our overlords attempt to squash free will. If the CIA is really carrying out operations and then laying blame on Anon, it is for nothing else but to bring about a Norsefire cabinet type of scenario.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
But if Anon is being misrepresented with these attacks the only reason can be because the next war slated for humanity is one where our overlords attempt to squash free will. If the CIA is really carrying out operations and then laying blame on Anon, it is for nothing else but to bring about a Norsefire cabinet type of scenario.

I agree entirely.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nobody could ever possibly consider that it could be the bad guys like Chinese govt and not the CIA who is doing these attacks and conveniently blaming some spook phantom organizations that are so 90's out of style.

An enemy that can cause nuclear meltdown is more dangerous than any threat known to mankind to this date. No, let's call it boogeymen and pretend it doesn't exist, and while our heads are in the sand lets be happy.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Nobody could ever possibly consider that it could be the bad guys like Chinese govt and not the CIA who is doing these attacks and conveniently blaming some spook phantom organizations that are so 90's out of style.

An enemy that can cause nuclear meltdown is more dangerous than any threat known to mankind to this date. No, let's call it boogeymen and pretend it doesn't exist, and while our heads are in the sand lets be happy.

Clever, isn't it?

You have to admire the pure brilliance in it, even while terrified of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Absolutely. Because we all know that our government would never jump on any opportunity to portray China as the evil Red Dragon.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Not only that, but China has a lot less to gain from having an excuse to tighten security on the internet than "spook" domestic organizations.

China doesnt need to make pretend to shut ITS internet down. It can just say, "this is what we are doing and we will kill you if you fight back." They arent a democracy. Our government, on the other hand, loves to use as its tactics for consolidating power and exerting control, "our safety" or "the safety of others" (the humanitarian lie) so its much more in line with a US based false flag than a Chinese threat.

And what possible reason would China want to limit freedom on the net in the US? It can use that same freedom for its own ends, to hack, to spy, to influence via propaganda. It makes no sense for them to do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Because we all know that our government would never jump on any opportunity to portray China as the evil Red Dragon.

Nah, our government is currently in survival mode, and will do everything possible to kiss the big Chinese butt. For now.

They are, for the most part completely clueless as to what is brewing, while preoccupied with operations in the af/pak stans, N Africa and ME, as well as domestic agendas.

The Chi-coms are our friends.... Relax.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think that before we looked towards China, as it relates to motive, we would first need to look at anti-Sarkozy activists and pro-Qaddafi loyalists.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join