It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U Glitches, Messages not highlighted even though they are not read. Anybody else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sometimes I get U2U's that don't light up the yellow button at the bottom pop up menu. Then I find these messages in the inbox that are not highlighted as if they had already been read, though they have not.

I tend to think it is just one of the MANY glitches in the ATS system.

Just wondering if this happens to others very often. It happens enough to make me start this thread.

Input please.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yup I have had many times where it shows I have read a U2U when I haven't.

It's just a glitch probably.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yes, it's happened to me a couple of times too. I didn't realize until I looked at the time and date. Kinda creeped me out, thought someone got in my messages and read them.
Glad it's not just me.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Good to know. I am sure there are lots more.

Bump

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Good to know. I am sure there are lots more.

Bump

There is one more for sure, at least on my account...my media account is a mess and I can't seem to access my pictures at all through normal methods (the backdoor works...) and it's a pain. Supposedly they are looking into my account to see what the problem is but it's been going on for 4 days now...I started a thread on it too. Oh well...look at how pretty the new design is...who cares if it works right I guess?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry, it's just someone else getting to and reading your mail before you see it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I believe that happens when the sender reads the message they sent. It automatically shows on your end as "read"

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I wouldn't worry, it's just someone else getting to and reading your mail before you see it.

Actually, you're right. If the member that sent you the u2u clicks on it in his/her outbox before you read it, it will show as read.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I thougth I was just crazy
It happened to me one time..hope nobody is reading my mail!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by nerbot

Actually, you're right. If the member that sent you the u2u clicks on it in his/her outbox before you read it, it will show as read.
I thought that might be it. Just no way to tell what's on the other persons screen. Or is there? Muwahahahaha

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There's two ways this can happen:

1. The member who sent you the PM reads it in their Outbox before you read it in your Inbox
2. The message was sent to multiple people and one of the other recipients read it before you did.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks Springer.

The buck stops with you.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
...2. The message was sent to multiple people and one of the other recipients read it before you did.

Springer...

Surely this cannot apply to mass messages sent by staff to all members? You know, news, features, important threads etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

1. The member who sent you the PM reads it in their Outbox before you read it in your Inbox
2. The message was sent to multiple people and one of the other recipients read it before you did.

Springer...

Hmm, I don't think I have noticed this happening with me. But this has me wondering.

What happens if they delete it from their outbox? Does it stay sent or does it get deleted from your inbox?

Just a curiosity question.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Springer...

Hmm, I don't think I have noticed this happening with me. But this has me wondering.

What happens if they delete it from their outbox? Does it stay sent or does it get deleted from your inbox?

Just a curiosity question.

It stays in your inbox, but isn't highlighted as new.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
ACTUALLY....I just sent an alert regarding a thread and following that action I always go to my inbox to delete the "thanks for your imput" message. I do this so any new unpredicted message after that will highlight the title in the base ribbon.

This time it was NOT lit when I looked at the ribbon. Nobody had a chance to read it and it would have been an automated response anyway.

Something's changed perhaps. Thought I'd mention it.

top topics

join