It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic 7 part video series When Aliens Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Earth under Alien attack scenario;
Do we really have with our weaponry a chance to survive or counterattack an Alien attack on Earth?
How would we handle such a happening?
Here is a 7 part National Geographic video series about such things on youtube.

Do I personally find such a happening a real possibility, NO.
Do I personally find the way the humans are attacking those Aliens in the last part a reality, NO, that is in my opinion absolutely ridicules?

I see often posted that people want so badly that our scientist must become as soon as possible involved in studying the already existing UFO/UAP phenomenon here on Earth, in order to finally try to find out what is really going on and what the intelligence that is behind that phenomenon is.

Well here you can see how "serious" our scientists are dealing with that phenomenon in 2011.

Geüpload door lwvok op 3 jun 2011
please sub because i need it thanks love you all

National Geographic When Aliens Attack Part 1-7

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

Part 3

www.youtube.com...

Part four

www.youtube.com...

Part five

www.youtube.com...

Part six

www.youtube.com...

Part seven

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5/6/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

I watched this the other night... It was entertaining. Actors sucked though...

However it was an interesting show, and entertaining more than anything really serious

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hmm , and what if they come in peace?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous1

We are going to attack them anyway. It isn't about peace it is about winning!

I am confident ET will know enough to dis-arm us trigger happy humans before starting up any sort of a conversation.

Actually I am here to thank the OP for posting these videos.
Finding it very strange the National Geographic is coming out with something like this and I wonder what their underlying message is. Suppose like everyone else I'll have to watch it and see.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Humanity don't know what peace is, that is kinda evident just look around the world today....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I would offer the Aliens ...Steven Hawking

edit on 6/5/2011 by spoonbender because: weeee

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
National Geographic must be tapping into popular culture for ratings and monetary gain, or the Government really does know something the rest of us don't. I always thought if the Aliens wanted to take us all out quickly, and cheaply, they would use a flesh eating bacteria. If aliens enjoy combat then it would be like the Independence Day movie.
The whole Nat Geo Film leaves the viewer wondering: Wow why is that on TV? The times are getting stranger every day.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Currently at part 2.

First of all, why the hell is the whole video mirrored ?

Second, I can't say this is really worth watching in the spirit of possible alien contact.
It's all doom and gloom, making people fear possible alien contact because hey, don't even think about it being friendly.
The main reason I can't see anything good in this video is because it's typical human: "Thinking inside the box".
Everything I've seen so far is basic things a person would think of when it comes to an alien invasion, old school space invaders.
Alien life could very well have invented something like cloaking, or maybe they are from a different dimention and capable of looking into ours. Forget all your alien invasion plans because you won't even see it comming, next thing you know people in the streets randomly get sliced in two.

And why would an alien invasion even be close combat (getting near earth) Maybe they could just shoot a gun at earth all the way from pluto.

Another possibillity is something way closer to us what we already know and wouldn't link to alien life: a simple virus. Alien life could very well be here already in the form of some kind of disease that can somehow travel through space.

And even then I'm still thinking inside the box, because I can't link things to something that we don't even know about (we know about dimentions for example).

I just see it as yet another show to get some viewers.

I very much hope something better comes up in the next 5 parts even though I doubt it.. if so I'll edit this post.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous1

This show is about the chance of them being hostile.
Simply said: "They could very well be friendly, but for the sake of this show let's say they are not."
Because hey, more people are interested in watching a war scenario between humans and aliens then they are in just watching them pick flowers together and drink tea.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
not bad video, but a victory by sending suicide bombers on helium balloons?? lol

+1 for Neil Strauss being in the film

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Good documentary except all the writing is back to front! From part 2, picture is very poor quality.

Best link for better picture:

channel.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 5-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I watched this with my son on the Nat Geo channel not long ago. Here are some of the things we noticed and discussed:

Firstly, these aliens are "hostile" because the show assumes the armada to be a fleet of robotic resource gatherers. Therefore they are not interested in the indigenous species of the planet at all and attack simply to remove us and get to Earth resources. This is an interesting idea to me, simply because I had not thought about alien contact coming by the way of alien created robots rather than the aliens themselves. Other than that novelty I think the show assumes far to much, like assuming an alien race would do things the same way we do things.

Secondly, when the Earth's population goes into mass evac and rioting, the show makes the statement that there will be people willing to kill for what they need and that the only ones that will survive are those that band together in groups. I personally think that if something like this happens, the only ones that will survive will be those that can do it alone. Trusting any group that you walk up on is going to be extremely dangerous!

Next the show supposes that in the long run, humans will force these robotic ships to leave by simply taking some of them out over and over. The theory is the machines will see that the resources are not worth the losses and go home. My question here is would a machine think in these terms or simply finish the job it set out to do regardless of losses.

Finally, my favorite part of the show was a statement about everyone trying to evacuate at once. The voice over says that when the government officials told everyone in Houston, TX to evacuate because of hurricane Ike, we did. This causes massive day long traffic jams and other problems. I just loved for it to be put out there that sometimes doing what your told is a really bad idea!
edit on 5-6-2011 by Cameoii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LanceDH

The main reason I can't see anything good in this video is because it's typical human: "Thinking inside the box".

Agreed, especially when some nut-ball says (about the USA) 'we have war-gamed out every scenario imaginable'...

I about choked.

Yeah sureeee you have -every single one - and, mind you, against an intelligent life form you know NOTHING about from an advanced civilization that... Well, you get the idea.

BUT! It's still a GREAT look and thanks to the OP for posting!

peace

new topics

top topics

join