It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feeling of fear and being scared, strange dreams after throat friction exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
OK, Im here because I need help and I'm scared, take a couple of minutes and read my case first plx:

quick info before reading the case:
--------------
first of all, it should be noted that I am not meditation practicioner, and I havent had any practice in anything occult too

BUT, I was intrested in occult studies for quite a while, and i came across some occult books (e-books) and have read some of them, but only for couple of pages.. just was jumping through them

one of them I found here, and it was mentioned here before, book from Mr Sagan.

also it should be noted that im not into any religious community, though I often see myself as orthodox Christian, I am not baptised, it is just the majority religion in my country

matter of problem:
-------------------------
1) last night I couldnt sleep so I read a book from Dostoevsky for couple of hours and decided its late and that I should sleep, because I have to get up early and study.
then, since I couldnt get myself to sleep for couple of minutes, and my girlfriend came to sleep at my room for couple of days, and she was sleeping in the room - so I couldnt do anything loud or turn on some major lights, I rememered throat friction from Sagan's book and started experimenting it a bit.
in his book he recommended (at least in begginer phase) not to do it at night, and to do it sitting, with spine and head straight - but i done it at night and lying on the bed. I have also done it without any buzzing sounds, since my girlfriend was sleeping, it was only a bit increased sound of breathing (no words whatsoever)
2) from the first inhale i have hit the friction, and i think i have felt it in my adams apple too.. i just knew thats it. so i started focusing on my larynx like said in the book. i did it only for couple of minutes, then stopped and stood still to feel the vibration for like a minute (there was almost none) and then i did it once again, a bit shorter, and also stood later to fell the vibrations.
during the exercise i felt something like light preassure in my cheeks, a bit stronger preassure in my throat and in the space between eyebrows, and also a bit stronger preassure in my lungs.
i was just trying to be aware of everything, and not to use reason much.
3) after that, i was lying on my bed with eyes closed, and i started, right away seeing some pink colours, not so bright and clear, but i would focus on them and follow them with my eyes closed. it wasnt hard for me to do since i kept doing that as a kid like a part of a play..
so at one point, i wasnt thinking with my reason anymore, and i felt in kind of the dream.. it looked like only briefly but it lasted more then several minutes.. nothing special, just from what i can remember i was seeing some patterns and from time to time pink colour mixed with them (this part i remember).. and at one point i felt like my soul was exiting my body, moving to the up and right, i got a bit scared, and opened my eyes strongly. the feeling of "returning to body" was intense, not that it hurt me, but it almost litteraly moved me, it was like a boomerang effect, first going out, and then returning at amazing speed back inside and i felt something i cant describe, like shaking my brain very fast, but with very low amplitudes, like when you drop the rubber ball on the surface, so it makes one longer jump and then many jumps, each shorter then the prevous, and in the end stopping and being completely drawn to the floor by the gravity - that thing, just speeded up.
4) after that i was a bit scared, and i knew there is something weird, because all that throat friction exercise and colours/patterns were somehow familiar to me, and easy to find.. using throat friction doesnt require any effort from me, it feels natural
after that i had several dreams, mostly not connected and not important, they were just nightmares and i was sweating in bed, but first dream that followed, or perhaps more of them werent just dreams; i could think reasonably inside, and it felt like i was spinning inside pink/purple wormhole, when speed increased and i started feeling like on the rollercoster, i would break it by opening eyes. it happened once or twice, im not sure.
other dreams i find irrelevant, only thing i know is that i was scared and couldnt focus to dream about something "happy"
5) i woke up today morning, feeling great, beautiful day, and i wasnt obsessed with dreams until i told my gf. (i skipped the part that i blame myself for having them, and doing exercise of throat friction), but later when i refreshed feelings i felt kinda scared.

this is the thread i refer to often, and it has much valuable info:
i opened my third eye and i regret it

since i read this thread (i opened my third eye in i regret it) long ago (all posts) and i seen some advices, like doing prayer when scared, i wonder would that work for me, how to do it, whom to pray to? because im not christian and not religious, although i like to read parts of bible/kuran and other holy books and they interest me

any advice would help a lot

thx in advance, it means a lot,
Battleship

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It sounds like you started to free your mind from the confines of the body, astral travel is one name for it.
spirital projection etc.
the biggest thing to fear is the fear itself , so if you realise that everything you face is a manifestation of your own fear then you shouldnt be in to much danger.
Once you start the ride it gets addictive and its easy to loose yourself thinking about what is out there.
but just remeber to ground yourself in reality (walk on the earth barefoot for example) daily and not get caught up in the rush to leave.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

thank you for a kind answer

ill try to sort it out with myself and take a careful approach

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hello! It's crazy to me is such a thing happened 2 times already .. but I could never describe this feeling! You're right, it's a very strange and scary feeling .. I checked it was part if I had closed my eyes long time came this "race" in my mind and body! Very funny, it's like a short noise of scary but at the same time also feels good, like a kick or something

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Funny, I just posted this a couple of minutes ago on my thread.

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by awareness10

Awareness10, first thanks for coming by and checking out the thread. I hope it had some positive effect on you. This was the point of it in the first place.

I would like to start by saying that even this thread is words that I had put together from reading other words. A big ball of light gave me a kick start to go on this quest.

This is what most of us have to work with, words, and a natural deep seeded questioning of our existence. Sometimes we might be thrown nuggets of knowledge that hit us in just the right place that just rings our psyche to our core. This is when our nous, knowledge, intuitions kick in.

The videos on the other thread were done obviously by a studier of the Hermetic school of thought. While the words, even for me at times, seem to give us the "answers", do they really?

The only real answers are inside of yourself, your faith in other words.

We can search and search for "the answer" but it can be a thing that could take the rest of our lives reading about.

I also REALLY believe that no Operation or science will prove these things to us. This is a fools journey.

One of my favorite quotes supposedly by Socrate's, who some say was a disciple of Hermes himself.

Socrates left no writing of his own, but his disciple Plato, left these words for us in reference to his teacher.

"I know that I know nothing".

In Apology, Plato relates that:

[1] […] οὖτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴμαι — This man, on one hand, believes that he knows something, while not knowing [anything]. On the other hand, I - equally ignorant - do not believe [that I know anything].

The impreciseness of the paraphrase of this as "I know that I know nothing" stems from the fact that the author is not saying that he does not know anything but means instead that one cannot know anything with absolute certainty but can feel confident about certain things.[2] This may be better exemplified in another translation, that is perhaps more correct, "I am only wise insofar as what I don't know, I don't think I know"

Here is another quote from Plato:

* False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

o Phædo 91

* In every one of us there are two ruling and directing principles, whose guidance we follow wherever they may lead; the one being an innate desire of pleasure; the other, an acquired judgment which aspires after excellence.

So with that, It always keeps me in check.

Go with your faith and nothing more and the answers will come to you.

I am guilty myself of thinking I know too much at times too.

Thanks to the Wise person who keeps opening my eyes.

ATS The Time Is NOW!! Stop The Fear!
edit on 5-6-2011 by timewalker because: typo

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Play with fire and your going to get burned.

There is a price to pay for it too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

fire is the best servant and the worst master

so far i got smoke in my face, we'll see who gets burned

but what i can say..
"He who does not catch the smoke will catch no heat from the fire"
edit on 5-6-2011 by battleship because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

btw your thread tickled my mind right away, very good read

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by battleship

The fire is there with no invoking.

So smoke away if you wish.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by battleship