It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi all I'm a noob to ATS but I have something for you.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I’ve been researching various fringe media topics for quite some time. My main interests are new world order conspiracies and UFO / Alien encounters but I have a taste for everything and anything out of the ordinary. I have a Bachelor of Science so while I'm not a sceptic the evidence has to be strong for me to consider that there might be something that needs investigating. Anyhow I’ve been looking at google moon images recently and besides the fact that their quality is not great, they seem to have a lot of shadows and reflections that could be misconstrued as something else. A little like seeing images in the clouds. With that in mind if anyone has ideas about what I might be looking at here that would be good.

Looks kind of like rocket parts.

edit on 5-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: Picture failure

edit on 5-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

Welcome to ATS.

Your image is not showing. Try uploading to ATS media

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Welcome. There have been some interesting pictures of the moon in the past year or so. I'm curious as to what's on the dark side of the moon.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well i'm no expert, but looking at the photo i can tell you what it is not. It is not a nude photo of a gorgeous earth woman.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Well i'm no expert, but looking at the photo i can tell you what it is not. It is not a nude photo of a gorgeous earth woman.

Nope, not a large phallic looking thingy either. lol

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I will say this once, and everyone should take this advice.
Nasa, and google earth/moon aren't stupid. If this really was something, they wouldn't want you to see. AMIRITE?.
So, you think, multi-billion $$ companies, who have secrets that they haven't told us, would let a image, containing a "rocket part on the moon" slip pass them, and end up on a FREE program, available to EVERYONE in the public, EVERYWHERE around the world.

Do you see were this is going?

I mean really ATS, does everyone on here lack common sense nowadays? I'm not trying to be mean.... but seriously

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

cool, looks like a weird formation of mountains. I agree with the dud above me, if it was something, NASA/Google wouldn't let it be shown.

BTW how did you post this being as you only have 4 posts?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
I will say this once, and everyone should take this advice.
Nasa, and google earth/moon aren't stupid. If this really was something, they wouldn't want you to see. AMIRITE?.
So, you think, multi-billion $$ companies, who have secrets that they haven't told us, would let a image, containing a "rocket part on the moon" slip pass them, and end up on a FREE program, available to EVERYONE in the public, EVERYWHERE around the world.

Do you see were this is going?

I mean really ATS, does everyone on here lack common sense nowadays? I'm not trying to be mean.... but seriously

Good points but even NASA and the multi-billion $$ companies, who have secrets that they haven't told us,are human and humans make mistakes in covering things up no matter how water tight the cover ups are perceived by those who wish to cover up things for their own agendas;Truth has a habit of slipping occasionally through the web of deceit and lies and when it does it is attacked , ridiculed ,mocked and removed;

I am remined of the below quote from Arthur Schopenhauer the German philosopher of the 1800s;

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do think NASA let "things" slip through just for the fun of it.
There are no consequences!
Just look how every thread about moonbases,artifical structure etc. get's torn into pieces on this forum and in the end it is "officialy"(what a joke)debunked and in tricky cases it just fades off.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Big rocket! 0.86 miles long.

It's a rille, a trench. Collapsed lava tube perhaps.
Note how the lighting matches the surrounding craters.

And how did the OP manage to start a thread?
edit on 6/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's a scar left on the surface from an impact. The object has obviously struck the moon at a very acute angle and has come sliding to a halt without making a crater. Instead of a crater it has made a scar. There are examples of these typs of impact all over the mon, the Earth and Mars, as well as on some of the satellites that orbit Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Again, I'm NO expert. Not even an amateur. However, it looks like there is a distinct color change along the tip of the object.

And there is something sticking off of the bottom side. And it looks like the diameter gets a little larger on the bottom.

Again, could be very wrong, but it looks like a missile/rocket.
edit on 5-6-2011 by MountainEnigma because: Link did not post correctly.

edit on 5-6-2011 by MountainEnigma because: Removed link. Did not work.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
Welcome. There have been some interesting pictures of the moon in the past year or so. I'm curious as to what's on the dark side of the moon.

Well, you're in luck. As of tonight (20:00 CDT Sunday, June 5, 2011), more than 70% of the dark side of the Moon is visible from Earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The image is stamped JAXA/SELENE, which means it isn't a photograph. The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), lunar mission SELENE (Selenological and Engineering Explorer), also known as “Kaguya”, launched in 2007, was injected into the Moon's orbit at an altitude of about 100 km. using the laser altimeter (LALT) instrument, 3D data of the shapes and altitudes of surface features are collected with a world's first super high definition of 10 m (per pixel).

The method relies on measuring the distance from the camera, to the moon’s surface by precisely timing the round-trip travel time of a brief pulse of laser light.

This PDF will explane more on how laser altimeters work.

The USGS is a primary provider of Digital elevation Models (DEM) of earth.

BTW, that gully is a depression.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Illustronic because: Added link.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"And how did the OP manage to start a thread?"

Snob !

Welcome OP but think Phage is right on this one !

Peace
edit on 063030p://06America/Chicago06 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's a rille, a trench. Collapsed lava tube perhaps.
Note how the lighting matches the surrounding craters.
I'm not sure it's a collapsed lava tube, it looks like there could be an impact crater at the upper left and another one just to the lower right of it. But it's definitely some sort of valley, instead of a ridge.

And according to Jose Escamilla those aren't craters, they are UFO discs full of aliens waiting to take off or something!
(Not that I believe anything he says).

And how did the OP manage to start a thread?
Maybe ATS waived the 20 post requirement? Some people get around the 20 post requirement by posting news (that didn't have a minimum post limit), but you can usually tell if the thread started as a news post and this one doesn't look that way.

Originally posted by Illustronic
This PDF will explane more on how laser altimeters work.
I understand how laser altimeters work but are you saying they added a false shadow? They don't make shadows like that do they?

Are you sure they didn't have a camera in addition to the altimeter? How do you explain the shadows?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I haven't studied all of the sensors on SELENE but it has a spectrometer for mineral detection and possibly actual light wavelength data, of an unspecified resolution.

I haven't seen very many images from the SELENE project but the shadows is simple. A light angle in the 3D imaging software is selected to enhance/describe the terrain elevation variances. If SELENE data had 90º lighting, the images would look flatter.

Cassini is currently mapping the Saturn moon Titan this way in it's flybys, I posted a partial map in the Cassini animation thread, though not nearly as precise as SELENE.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ok this is my introduce yourself post that I cleverly used to get around the 20 post rule, not that that was my intention O.o. Now to the image. I see the scar that some of you have pointed out, I don't know why I didn't see it before. However what I was referring to is the blurry white object on the right lip of the scar. I guess I must be misinterpreting what I'm seeing, but it looks like to me that the object in question is about the right size to make the scar. Unless its some sort of artifact of the process used to create the image. Someone here suggested that I was less then bright for considering the possibility that the powers that be would allow an image of a rocket on the moon to slip through to the public. If I were to apply that level of paranoia to the contributors to this forum, I might suggest that you are trying to cover up a government mistake. It's not likely to be true however as anyone involved in disinformation would be far more sophisticated. Anyway thanks to all those who got that I was introducing myself, for your welcome and insight about the image.

Ps: If you observe the image in context, at coords given, those bright odly shaped areas are not everywhere.
edit on 6-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I was hoping you'd look it up when I asked, but what about the Terrain Camera, described here?

www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...

If the camera was used that might explain the shadows. I've seen the 3-D imagery they've created from altimeter data, but it has never had such dark shadows. It's one thing to add some shadowing to highlight surface terrain (which they do, as you suggest) but to hide the terrain completely in shadows makes no sense with altimeter data since they would control the "fake illumination" angle, but with a camera, it makes perfect sense, since they don't control the angle of the sunlight.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Our first indication is that SELENE's Terrain Camera does indeed take real light photographs since there is no data in the shadows, (although they could add that data in). I have actually read up on the SELENE sensors but thought the only true light images were from the HD TV camera.

Anyway here's a [url=http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2009/pdf/1553.pdf]PDF _/url] that goes into more depth on the instruments it had. Long story short, why would they render terrain data to the point of data loss in shadows when they control lighting? They just don't come right out and say it like they do for the High Definition TV camera.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join