It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WinMX. Where we can share.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi.

[Edited on 6-8-2004 by switchblade]

[edit on 21-9-2004 by switchblade]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
WinMX is one of the worst pieces of P2P software ive ever used. Though, the chat fucntion is nice, I seemed to be getting viruses and trojans while using it.

Im cunrently running limewire, but the best (at lease I hear around ats) is Kazaa Lite, I suggest you switch to something safer if you value your computer.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
WinMX is great for Music. It may not have as big a selection as the FasTrack Network (Kazaa), but its free from the prying eyes of the RIAA. Kazaa is filled with tons of soured copies of songs that the RIAA has released to discourage downlaoders. Kazaa Lite K++ is the best client to use, instead of the original Kazaa.

Bad Idea to ask an entire website to come on over and star sharing. Your better off turning the sharing function off, because the RIAA is only prosecuting Sharers at the time, and let the stupid, uninformed people share at will.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have been using WinMX for years and had no probs yet.
And there are lots of video on aliens and ufo's

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
also if you have conspiracy related stuff (

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hrmm,

I never really used Kazaa. I've been using WinMX since it was like ver.1.12 or something....

Just remember kids.....

Sharing is Caring...Frock the RIAA.....

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
also if you have conspiracy related stuff (

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not to keen on kazaa or winMX- used kazza light for a while but it was not good- morpheous is ok and so is shareaza.

But yeah i got loads of viruses from kazza- and the downloads for music wasnt always good.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Limewire is best, have yet to get a virus from it
i've used other file sharing software but they tend to be slow or contain viruses

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
havent tried Limewire yet- but will have to check it out- no viruses thats amazing

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I am now using Mx Monitor

D

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Only ones I use are Kazaa Lite Resurrection and WinMX. All the other ones have adware and clogs up my PC with crap.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Mx Monitor is a add on to Win Mx it stops leaches who dont share and you can use the Auto-Up load to start friends.

now I just let Mx monitor do the work for me

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Cool I found the chat room. I also have used WinMx since forever

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'll probally try it again, first time I used it would'nt work with my DSL and put me on the dial up option, and I tried to switch it to DSL but I could'nt figure out the ports and that crap.

I've been using Kiwi Alpha, pretty good program. It does'nt have as much as WinMX but is easy to use and no viruses.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
win mx is good. i want to get kazza but i dont know which one to get. can someone give me a hand?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
win mx is good. i want to get kazza but i dont know which one to get. can someone give me a hand?

Kazaa Lite K++ v2.4.3

Dont get Resurreciton because its basically jsut a bogged down 2.4.3

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
[size=10]The name AboveTopSecret or the intials ATS will not be used by members for any activity or effort related to the board or connected to the board This has come up before, and has alway resulted in the same reaction from ATS management. Please stop using the ATS name with any activity not authorized by the management of ATS to do so. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
heh! The Overlord has Spoken!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join