It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party now officially hijacked by the GOP

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by Section31

OK, what are you going to GET if Republicans win?

Removal of Obamacare's mandate.

Reduced government presence within our lives.

Restoration of NASA's human space exploration.

A president that has pride in the United States, and he/she is not afraid to make our country number one.

Someone who wants to make the United States a leader again.

Someone who has experience in business, government, and military.

Someone who believes in a free market.

Someone who believes in the power of individuality.

Someone who listens to the people.

Someone who will be strong on foreign policy.

Someone who protects the freedom of speech.

Someone who want to protect our borders.

Someone who is tough on immigration.

Someone who cares about the constitution.

Someone who is humbled by faith.

Someone who is not afraid to tackle the deficit.

Someone who will cut down on spending.

Someone who is strong on national defense.

Someone who will not redistribute the wealth.

Someone who pushes for state sovereignty.

Someone who will audit the federal reserve.

Someone with a strong sense of morality.

Originally posted by Kitilani

If you think voting GOP is winning the short battle in the long war to getting a third part candidate, then you sound like exactly the type of person the GOP is targeting.

Although I am an undeclared voter, I am going to vote Republican this time around.

Herman Caine & Mitt Romney 2012
edit on 6/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Touche!

It does appear that they have some Dems -- but are those in areas where it actually matters? Meaning, Grayson is awesome, but he's also a "shoe in" so is he the "Beard" or do they actually like him.

>> And seriously, how can anyone be endorsing Michelle Backman and try and convince me they are a "serious" group. That girl is two fries short of a happy meal.

Give 'em time...this is the first election they worked on. Expect more Democrats to abandon Obama and find Jesus in the next election, after they see how pissed the people are...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Removal of Obamacare's mandate. - How is denying and kicking people out of insurance right?

Reduced government presence within our lives. - Gov't will always be in our lives if we are to remain afloat whereas Govt is needed to be the big, bad entity to make sure that new saw you got won't hack your arm off.

Restoration of NASA's human space exploration. - Where do we get the money if we do not redistrute wealth?

A president that has pride in the United States, and he/she is not afraid to make our country number one.- We are, have always been and will forever be!

Someone who wants to make the United States a leader again. - Green jobs, electric cars, solar panels not count?

Someone who has experience in business, government, and military.--No, this allows the further advancement of The Military Industrial Complex. You run the nation like a country and not like a business.

Someone who believes in a free market. - He does, but when the free market threatens or interferes with Gov't it is a problem. Do you really want the military be privatzed?

Someone who believes in the power of individuality.- We do!

Someone who listens to the people.- Healthcare Reform and financial reform were clear mandates by more then 75% of the electorate!

Someone who will be strong on foreign policy.- How? By bowing down and backing down to any foreign nation?

Someone who protects the freedom of speech.- 43 installed "Free Speech Zones" yet you and the rest of the GOP was all for it.

Someone who want to protect our borders.- How about punshing those companies that hire and exploit foreign workers? Nah, that'll interfere with the "free market"!

Someone who is tough on immigration.- As long as corporations are allowed to have a say they will continue to exploit immigrants for cheap labour.

Someone who cares about the constitution.- All the 43 era policies were suspended and ended in Jan 09.

Someone who is humbled by faith.- Faith does not and will not ever dictate our nations course.

Someone who is not afraid to tackle the deficit.- How? By raising the debt ceeling all while sending our jobs overseas so that we can go deeper in the red?

Someone who will cut down on spending.- How? By cutting the only and very few lifelines that people have left like Medicaid, Social Security? How about ending the tax cuts for the rich, ending breaks for every company who has sent one job overseas over the last 35 yrs and end tax subsidies for oil!

Someone who is strong on national defense.- Reduce the defense budget as well as trimming the budget for the NSA by like 10% and we'll see a surplus for the year.

Someone who will not redistribute the wealth.- How do you expect things like schools, emergency services and civil service sector get paid? They rely on this!

Someone who pushes for state sovereignty.- Our state and national sovereignties is still solid and firm.

Someone who will audit the federal reserve. - Moves are being made now to make something happen but it is still far too early to say anything now.

Someone with a strong sense of morality.- The gOP continually exploits people and uses them when they can benefit politically and when they aren't useful anymore they get tossed under the bus.

Originally posted by Kitilani

If you think voting GOP is winning the short battle in the long war to getting a third part candidate, then you sound like exactly the type of person the GOP is targeting.

Although I am an undeclared voter, I am going to vote Republican this time around.

Herman Caine & Mitt Romney 2012
edit on 6/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

The Enite GOP Plan in a nutshell:
1. Continue and guarantee that the top 10% of earners don't have to contribute a thing to the economy.
2. Continually allow the banks to do whatever the flip they want and to blindly give them another multi trillion dollar bailout package whenever they get a bug up their tail.
3. Continually send our jobs oversees which will double and triple the unemployment rates.
4. Engage us in an armed conflict with Iran and North Korea while keeping the Wars Over Energy going.
5. Deny people the basic right to essential services like Medicaid, Social Security and cancel all social programs effectively leaving those like me who are unable to hold down a 40 hour 5 day a week job to fend for ourselves!
6. Allow time and time again the poisoning of our food and water supply while protecting the companies that are harming us.
7. Kill off the electric and non petrolchemical powered transportation.
8. Allow for more foriegn influence into our process domestically (law passages, elections)
9. Kill off any non white people!
10. Kill our chance to compete on the world's stage while cutting public school education while leaving the private schools alone.
11. Turn this "War On Terrorism" into a "Holy War" between Islam-Muslim and Christian-Hebrew!
12. Allow time and time again your health insurance company the control to deny you and your family any treatment they want. < These are the real "Death Panels" a bunch of insurance company employees sitting around dictating who gets what coverage.
13. Do nothing about this immigrant issue so the multi trillion dollar lobbyists firms can contunally exploit them for cheap and dirt cheap labour all the while not demanding that any of it remains stateside all while evading the Federal Income Tax laws,
14. Allow you to lose your job and home for whatever reason your employer and lender dictates and not have the populous the right to challenge any claim.
15. Return to an era whereas an African American was legally declared 2/3 of a person and Women weren't allowed out of the kitchen, forget about having the right to own property, hold down a job, have a say in matters pertaining to thier own bodies, have the right to vote, be forced to endure consistant beatings and belittements if they didn't have dinner done in time, being subjected to forced spousal rape. Do y'all really want to subject your daughters, mothers, sisters, aunts to this? African Americans would be forced back into the cotton fields stripped of all rights, properties, jobs, and all money earned. McCain admitted this while on The View in Ear 08!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

God help us you are correct.

I got my Meds mixed up tonight.

I accidentally took the Optimist pill when I meant to take the Skeptic pill.

I still have hope. Sure, it dwindles. Every day.

Still have hope. A small bit anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Tonosama

Let's be truthful here. You don't realistically expect that they would even consider voting for Obama, do you? As a matter of fact, who would consider voting for that loser? So what's the surprise here? They - every thinking adult - will make it their goal to get rid of the Boy Blunder. It's the right thing to do.

wrongo bongo

there is no better time than now for a 3rd party.

Absolutely, if your goal is to insure an Obama victory in 2012. A 3rd party will split the vote on the right and hand the election to Obama.

Not my choice, thank you.

I'm willing to go there.

I'll vote third party. Don't much care if it DOES throw it to Obama. I vote my convictions, and that doesn't include voting out of fear of Obama. To be honest, it's my opinion that this train wreck that's for some odd reason STILL called "The United States" (as if that carries ANY of the meaning that it used to) is way past overdue for a re-organization, and has been for over 20 years.

Whether that re-organization comes from the hands of a third party, or from the total meltdown that Obama will finish off in a second term is irrelevant. As long as it's not the same old same old slide into totalitarianism, I'm on board, and could give a rat's ass what the mechanism for reform is.

I'll never vote for a Democrat, since I've never caught one espousing a viable policy - any where - and I'll never again vote for a Republican, since they joined the leftist ranks with the "Neocon" movement lo those many years ago. I can't see a nickel's worth of difference between those two parties, and sure as hell can't force myself to vote for one of either, just because I fear the other. Fear one, fear both, and vote 'em all out.

I'll NEVER again vote for a member of either of those two parties, unless and until I catch one doing something to benefit America. That hasn't happened in years, and it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

I'll vote third party come hell or high water. To do otherwise would be to sell my own soul out, and that just ain't gonna happen.

Ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Absolutely, if your goal is to insure an Obama victory in 2012. A 3rd party will split the vote on the right and hand the election to Obama.

Not my choice, thank you.

I'm willing to go there.

I'll vote third party. Don't much care if it DOES throw it to Obama. I vote my convictions, and that doesn't include voting out of fear of Obama. To be honest, it's my opinion that this train wreck that's for some odd reason STILL called "The United States" (as if that carries ANY of the meaning that it used to) is way past overdue for a re-organization, and has been for over 20 years.

Whether that re-organization comes from the hands of a third party, or from the total meltdown that Obama will finish off in a second term is irrelevant. As long as it's not the same old same old slide into totalitarianism, I'm on board, and could give a rat's ass what the mechanism for reform is.

I'll never vote for a Democrat, since I've never caught one espousing a viable policy - any where - and I'll never again vote for a Republican, since they joined the leftist ranks with the "Neocon" movement lo those many years ago. I can't see a nickel's worth of difference between those two parties, and sure as hell can't force myself to vote for one of either, just because I fear the other. Fear one, fear both, and vote 'em all out.

I'll NEVER again vote for a member of either of those two parties, unless and until I catch one doing something to benefit America. That hasn't happened in years, and it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

I'll vote third party come hell or high water. To do otherwise would be to sell my own soul out, and that just ain't gonna happen.

Ever.

Fine. Vote 3rd party "come hell or high water". That's no different than voting Dem or Rep "come hell or high water". I don't see any viable 3rd party candidates out there that would entice me to put a bullet in the head of the USA, however.

But, vote your heart. That is what makes America great. Not like Iraq, where Saddam would get 100% of the vote with 100% voter turnout, every time. Or was that Chavez? You get the point.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
To the op,

Don't you mean The GOP has been hijacked by the TP? Eveidently they are bowing to the will of this racist group and whoever don't like what they say is instantly railroaded by them?

To the GOP people here,

Get your party back or else this will be the new mantra from here on out.

How DARE you call me a racist? Who in the hell are YOU to make such an assessment?

Tell me, oh wise one, what race am I "racist" for? What race am I?

I can guaran-damn-tee you wouldn't say such a thing to my face.

The GOP is most certainly NOT "bending to my will". I left the GOP several years ago specifically because they did NOT respond to the wills of their voters. THEY abandoned US, not the other way 'round. They've never looked back, and are STILL unresponsive to the will of their voters. They are nothing more than "Democrat Lite", and could give a damn about their base. They ONLY way they have to garner votes at this point is to play on people's fear of Obama, as if they themselves are ANY different.

Get the GOP back? Not a chance. As I said, THEY left US, not the other way 'round, and I'll be damned if I'll chase after them, wringing my hands and begging them to come back. Never did it with a woman, won't do it with a politician. As a matter of fact, they need US more than we need THEM, so all that begging crap will have to flow in the opposite direction.

I can live without 'em just fine, if that's the way they want to play it, and it appears it is.

Good riddance.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Fine. Vote 3rd party "come hell or high water". That's no different than voting Dem or Rep "come hell or high water". I don't see any viable 3rd party candidates out there that would entice me to put a bullet in the head of the USA, however.

That's just what I'll do, thanks. I'm absolutely NOT going to vote for "the lesser of two evils" out of fear. The lesser of two evils is STILL evil. And yeah, I'm willing to pull the trigger on the good ol' USA before I continue to watch it slide into totalitarianism as has been going on under both democrats and republicans over the last 16 or 20 years.

Time to hit the reset button if that's the only choice - between going totalitarian under a democrat, or going totalitarian under a republican. Either way, it's still much the same result, just a different driver.

But, vote your heart. That is what makes America great. Not like Iraq, where Saddam would get 100% of the vote with 100% voter turnout, every time. Or was that Chavez? You get the point.

I'm not voting in either Iraq or Venezuela, so their politics are irrelevant. Their politics will STILL be irrelevant, even when you see any one candidate here getting 100% of the vote in a 100% voter turn out - which WILL eventually come to pass if the country stays on this course it's on now - because even if the political systems are the same (as both democrats and republicans are pushing for) they're still different places. I'll let Iraqis and Venezuelans handle their affairs, and I'll handle mine.

BTW, didn't I hear a rumor here a while back about Saddam getting hisself killed or something? Those people are fools if they vote for him - what with him being dead and all - but it's their folly to commit.

edit on 2011/6/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Everything is suddenly a conspiracy by the left huh? My, my how far have we fallen? It is you who cannot see past the blinders both TPTB, The Baggers and the Nazi GOP party have written for you.

This is, of course, propaganda. It can be deconstructed as such, and shown for what it is, quite simply. Any time that derogatory descriptors have to be attached to neutral concepts, it is propaganda - i.e "Baggers", "Nazi" GOP, etc. When one cannot entertain a conversation without resorting to unfounded and over-the-top attacks, it is almost ALWAYS propaganda. This is no different than one of your opposition labeling the DNC as the "communist" democrats.

It DOES, however, illustrate wonderfully what you fear the most, and find to be the most viable threat to a hegemony by your own political entities. People ONLY attack what they fear. When there is no fear, there is no stimulus for an attack.

Basic. Folks who talk like that can be read like a book - and played like a fiddle.

BTW, y'all hang on every word Queen Sarah ...

"Queen" Sarah? Did she get a promotion that the media hasn't covered, or is this more of the same in the same vein as above? I'd have to assume the latter. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that your side of the fence fears Ms Palin and views her as a viable threat to hegemony. Pity. She's really no threat at all, and stands not a chance in hell of upsetting your apple cart, but while you're distracted concentrating on her, you'll never see what's coming to blindside you.

You'll miss the real threat.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Removal of Obamacare's mandate.

Reduced government presence within our lives.

Restoration of NASA's human space exploration.

A president that has pride in the United States, and he/she is not afraid to make our country number one.

Someone who wants to make the United States a leader again.

Someone who has experience in business, government, and military.

Someone who believes in a free market.

Someone who believes in the power of individuality.

Someone who listens to the people.

Someone who will be strong on foreign policy.

Someone who protects the freedom of speech.

Someone who want to protect our borders.

Someone who is tough on immigration.

Someone who cares about the constitution.

Someone who is humbled by faith.

Someone who is not afraid to tackle the deficit.

Someone who will cut down on spending.

Someone who is strong on national defense.

Someone who will not redistribute the wealth.

Someone who pushes for state sovereignty.

Someone who will audit the federal reserve.

Someone with a strong sense of morality.

Ya, you better get

Someone to twist you $hit release knob before it comes charging out of your nose

Clearly everytime the GOP in charge all the above happens

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Yah, he's clearly listing the Tea Party hoped for stuff, and not what would happen with RINO "democrat lite" as one poster put it. They are all CFR except Ron Paul and Sarah Palin. All establishment. It's possible that Herman Cain could make the grade, in spite of his Fed res experience.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
The "Tea Party Express" is NOT the "Tea Party".

The Tea Party has no leader. We're normal Americans who recognize the Socialist Marxist tendencies of the Left occupying the Oval Office.

WE will do our damnedest to ensure the GOP Nominee isn't an a$$-ki$$ing RINO.

Actions speak louder than words. Has the "TEA Party" accomplished anything that TPE did not want?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Exactly.

If that's the impact intended, then the Tea Party falls far short. So far every single GOP candidate who has tossed his hat in the ring is a Democrat Lite RINO.

EVERY - SINGLE - ONE.

If the Tea party has as their goal "to insure that the GOP candidate isn't an ass-kissing RINO", they better get with it soon, because that train has just about left the station.

Just more evidence to me that the GOP has hijacked the Tea Party, and not the other way around. So far, Tea Party principles have made NO appearance - other than lip-service - in the GOP, and the lip-service paid was only to woo the unsuspecting among the Tea Party ranks to accomplish the takeover.

Tea Party influence on the GOP? N.A.A.A. (No. Action. At. All.).

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So all that TEA Party people on ATS bragging about how they took back the house are liars or fake?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

They are exaggerating. They didn't "take back" anything. For one thing, the tea Party has never had the House to "take back". For another, the folks they sent, ostensibly on the Tea Party platform, took the votes and ran - straight into the GOP fold. It's an object lesson in how politicians will tell you anything they think you want to hear in order to get your vote, then do as they please once they've got it.

All of those doing so should be subject to immediate recall votes, but they won't be. Americans have a really hard time holding their own politicians' feet to the fire. They always blame problems on "the other guy's" politician, rather than admit they were duped and voted in a loser.

What they ought to do is watch past actions, rather than rely on future promises, and vote according to those actions, not the flowery election time rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
That seems like a lot of words to say so little.

Originally posted by nenothtu
For another, the folks they sent, ostensibly on the Tea Party platform, took the votes and ran - straight into the GOP fold.

So...let me ask again.

The people on ATS claiming that their TEA Party took back the house are fake or lying?
This is really quite simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

No.

Is that few enough words so that it can be adequately grasped?

edit on 2011/6/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

No.

Is that few enough words so that it can be adequately grasped?

edit on 2011/6/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Yes, thank you. That is usually how I answer a simple yes or no question; with just one of those two words. Thanks for catching up.

So according to you, the real TEA party is really claiming successes in the 2010 elections by electing the RINOs that the TEA Party Express, who you say is fake, pushed?

That is pretty much what I thought. Thank you.

The TEA Party is proud of the RINOS that TPE pushed on them. So how does this rectify with my original question?
edit on 8-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

That's just what I'll do, thanks. I'm absolutely NOT going to vote for "the lesser of two evils" out of fear. The lesser of two evils is STILL evil. And yeah, I'm willing to pull the trigger on the good ol' USA before I continue to watch it slide into totalitarianism as has been going on under both democrats and republicans over the last 16 or 20 years.

Time to hit the reset button if that's the only choice - between going totalitarian under a democrat, or going totalitarian under a republican. Either way, it's still much the same result, just a different driver.

Believe me, I totally understand your position. I feel the same pain at where we are headed. But I am really heartened by some of the current new crop of legislators that I believe will make a great positive impact over the next decade. I'm willing to give them 10 years. If I'm wrong then I'll help you load the gun.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

reply to posts by nenothtu and Antiquated1

They are exaggerating. They didn't "take back" anything. For one thing, the tea Party has never had the House to "take back". For another, the folks they sent, ostensibly on the Tea Party platform, took the votes and ran - straight into the GOP fold. It's an object lesson in how politicians will tell you anything they think you want to hear in order to get your vote, then do as they please once they've got it.

All of those doing so should be subject to immediate recall votes, but they won't be. Americans have a really hard time holding their own politicians' feet to the fire. They always blame problems on "the other guy's" politician, rather than admit they were duped and voted in a loser.

What they ought to do is watch past actions, rather than rely on future promises, and vote according to those actions, not the flowery election time rhetoric.

I don't understand why people keep referring to the Tea Party as if it is a registered political party. By their mission statement they are:

Our Philosophy

Tea Party Patriots as an organization believes in the Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. Tea Party Patriots, Inc. is a non-partisan grassroots organization of individuals united by our core values derived from the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill Of Rights as explained in the Federalist Papers. We recognize and support the strength of grassroots organization powered by activism and civic responsibility at a local level. We hold that the United States is a republic conceived by its architects as a nation whose people were granted "unalienable rights" by our Creator. Chiefly among these are the rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Tea Party Patriots stand with our founders, as heirs to the republic, to claim our rights and duties which preserve their legacy and our own. We hold, as did the founders, that there exists an inherent benefit to our country when private property and prosperity are secured by natural law and the rights of the individual.

TPM

They are a grassroots activist group united by common goals. They are practically brand new as far as politics go. Yet people compare them with the GOP and the Dems, and measure them accordingly.

Give them time, for chrissakes. They did have a major impact in 2010. And if they stay true to their principles they will help to bring this nation back around.

They instill fear into people, and I'm talking about you, Antiquated1. So naturally they mock them, pooh pooh them, and accuse them of wildly foolish things, like racism. I thought after reading some of your posts that you realized this, nenothtu.

Give them time. Have they made mistakes? Bad choices in some cases? Of course. But these are lessons that need to be learned. So stop being so pessimistic, and give them a chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join