It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party now officially hijacked by the GOP

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by nenothtu

Ask 43 why only 1 Senator was allowed to read it and why the 99 others weren't allowed to?

Much like the "health care" fiasco, where we "have to pass it in order to see what's in it", eh? To be honest, it's my opinion that the whole damned vipers nest needs a thorough cleaning and disinfecting to make it responsive to the people again. Passing stuff unread is like signing contracts without checking out the fine print, and is the height of lunacy, whoever does it. It's even worse when the hired hands do it on our behalf, and against our will.

I stood against him and his entire cabal from Day 1 and using my backchannel work fought them every step of the way, even before Patriot was even on our collective radar. I fought TPTB on their own level right before Iraq, during the disaster that became Katrina, during the Military Commissions diatribe of 06. I am still challenging them as we speak and am so far suceeding for us all.

Thanks for that, but until The Patriot Act, "Health Care Reform", and a host of other draconian miscarriages that have recently been perpetrated in DC are repealed, I can't really count it as a "success".

As to barganing rights it is a right because it allows a small group to be able to collectively bargain for better pay, better work conditions, heathcare.

A "right" is not a right at all if it can be undermined or retracted by the government. To be sure, they'll TRY to redact rights, but if it's truly a right, there's not a damned thing they can do against it. People will just ignore the proclamations and move forward, secure in their rights.

What is occuring in Michigan will make it's way stateside and is vital to watch like a hawk to prevent it from taking hold in that state and in others. Your party is the GOP or whoever they are calling themselves today.

When it get's to my neck of the woods, I'll shoulder my pack. Until then, it's Michiganders lookouts to take care of Michigan. Not in my job description any more to save the whole world from itself, and in spite of itself - just my part of it.

I do however thank you for standing up to these douchewads and go to one of their protests with a sign that reads "Republicans Against The Tea Party".

That would be a lie, which I'm not in the habit of perpetrating. I'm not a Republican, so I can't speak for them.

This is no longer about the "Left-v-Right" paradigm but the "Us(meaning the American people and the people of the world)-v-Them (those douchewads trying to divide us all into a land of chaos)" paradigm.

I can agree with that up to a point - it's not about right vs. left any more. I have to draw the line at taking up the cause for "the people of the world". Those days are over for me, and if they can't look out for themselves, they're in for a world of hurt. I have my own to look out for, and that's a full time job without getting up in the business of others.

I am not trying to sling mud at you as that is a very low and underhanded move which is not needed nor wanted and am just trying to id what the doucheheads at the Baggers are really backing and trying to get them to reshift their focus against the groups that they set out to hit on.

With the recent pronouncement by Donahue at the US Chamber of Commerce regarding the Tea Party, it seems to me that you all have a common foe in the corporate structure, and it might be a better idea to build bridges rather than throw epithets like "baggers" and "doucheheads". That won't form any alliances, and as much as I dislike Lincoln for instigating a war on American soil and for pretty much raping the Constitution during the course of that war (thus setting the stage for what we have going on today), he was entirely correct when he said "United we stand, and divided we fall".

Prevent this draconian group from taking hold here as ATS seems to be one of the very few avenues left that they cannot control as evidenced by the already debunked and disproven birth certificate nonsense that they seem to post a new thread about it about every other day. For the most part the threads seem to have subsided (Thank God) but it is only a matter of time before they return in droves after the summer winds down.

I would imagine that any group has as much right to speak their piece here as any other, whether I agree with them or not. I carry scars that give them that license as far as I'm concerned, and am not above getting a few more should the need arise. I have no problem with any political group speaking their peace, and it's best that they don't develop a problem with me speaking mine.

The birth certificate issue is a dead issue as far as I'm concerned. So much mud has been thrown in the water over the too great amount of time that has passed that it will NEVER be resolved with any degree of certainty, so it's best in my mind to move on to more pressing issues, rather than bogging down beating a dead horse. It's a useful ploy to TPTB to keep the mess going, though, since people preoccupied with that issue will never see the real problems sneaking up on them.

And that, in my opinion, is the entire reason for that debate.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

What is so wrong with requiring everyone on some sort of health plan? This is like it or not the Numero Uno reason why people go under financially as people are forced to mortgage their homes in order to pay for healthcare services which is at least 75% or better of cases whereas someone is forced to it leads to forclosure.

The "Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Bill" was needed and shouldv'e never have been nessecary but thanks to Regan, Clinton and 43 deregulating the entire financial marketplace which allowed both 1987 and 2008 to happen and if weren't undone that both would've never ever occured.

What affects one state will eventually affect us all even if the event may never occur in your state and your willingmess to get out of Dodge when things fall your way means you will cut and run and abandon the nation when she needs you the most. Never ever turn your back on this nation and fight every peiece of this ultra radical plans to the end.

If you are not a Bagger, a GOP, Dem or Libretarian then what party are you apart of?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why would anyone vote GOP? They gave us 9/11, a never ending war, made the destruction of our economy their swan song, and changed us into a complete fear-based country. They are pretty much Darth Vader...

Seems GOP followers only care about the money in their pocket.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

What is so wrong with requiring everyone on some sort of health plan?

Believe it or not, I starred that post, so I reckon I don't hate you after all!

The problem with requiring everyone to buy insurance (it's not set up to just require "some sort of health plan" - it specifically mandates an insurance purchase) is that it's requiring people to buy something for the privilege of existing. It's no different than requiring each individual to purchase a Chrysler just because they draw breath. In my case, my health plan specifically excludes insurance, and always will, the law notwithstanding. Don't want it, don't need it, ain't gonna have it. I carried insurance for years, and will absolutely NOT be playing that lotto again, ever, for any reason.

Not gonna pay a "tax", or "fine", or whatever they want to call it today or tomorrow, to the IRS for the privilege of living, either (funny how IRS is the enforcement arm for Health Care, isn't it?), so they just as well get my cell in order, and stock up on ammo, and make sure the purchase orders are all set for their new shotguns. It ain't gonna happen. I said long before they forced that travesty through that it's where I draw the line, and I meant what I said. That's the line I'm willing to go to war again at.

This is like it or not the Numero Uno reason why people go under financially as people are forced to mortgage their homes in order to pay for healthcare services which is at least 75% or better of cases whereas someone is forced to it leads to forclosure.

Mortaging their home is their personal choice. It won't be mine, because it's bad business, but they are free to do as they please, and, like me, live with the consequences of their own choices. I'm not wealthy by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I take care of my own health, and have for years. I'm not about to put myself out in the street so a doctor can buy another Lexus for his driveway. That's MY choice, and I'll live - or die - with the consequences of it. Forcing me to buy into the insurance lotto, against my will or needs, takes away my freedom of choice, my freedom to look after myself, and I'll not have it. Too much freedom has been given up already, and I'm not budging another inch. Matter of fact, I'm fairly intent on reclaiming some of those choices that have been taken away.

The "Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Bill" was needed and shouldv'e never have been nessecary but thanks to Regan, Clinton and 43 deregulating the entire financial marketplace which allowed both 1987 and 2008 to happen and if weren't undone that both would've never ever occured.

You're right, something had to be done. I'm not all that familiar with that bill, but a cursory inspection indicates that it deals mainly with regulations of financial institutions and Wall Street trading, which don't affect me in a direct way. I don't deal with banks or credit - if I can't afford something, well, I just don't really need it until I can. For those who do deal with those cutthroats, it's probably a good thing. I don't know how far it went, but I don't think that mandating a 10 year stretch in the Federal Pen would be too far for such things as trading in derivatives and "Futures", which only puts the hurt on the rest of us for no good reason other than snatching a fast buck out of thin air, meanwhile pushing up our prices before the product is even available! Then the Fed just prints more money out of nothing to cover it, and so the snake starts eating it's own tail.

As I said, I don't know much about that law, but I hope it deals with those problems effectively.

What affects one state will eventually affect us all even if the event may never occur in your state and your willingmess to get out of Dodge when things fall your way means you will cut and run and abandon the nation when she needs you the most. Never ever turn your back on this nation and fight every peiece of this ultra radical plans to the end.

That's a product of creeping centralization of Federalism, what is so lovingly referred to as "Big Government". It hasn't always been so, and wasn't set up to be that way. As an aside, "Centralization", when it occurs under other governments, is what we refer to as "Totalitarianism" here. I can't for the life of me figure out why we don't just call it what it is, right here.

Don't fret about me "cutting and running". My days over the water are done. I was born here, and here is where I'll die, for better or for worse. I don't plan on ever living more than 300 miles from the exact spot I'm sitting in right now, although this particular spot isn't optimal. I can travel something less than 3 hours in any direction from here and just VANISH until I want to be seen again, and that suits me just fine. 1000 Federal marshals wouldn't have any better luck ferreting me out that they did that Rudolph character. There's a lot to be said for being the mole in the Whack-a-Mole game. Pop up here, or there, or way over there, but never out of the same hole twice, and make it count when you do.

In the meantime, I fight in the best way I can, which currently is not a physical battle. There's a fine art to knowing when the grease is hot enough that you have to jump out of it, and an even finer art in knowing just how far to jump so that you don't land in this fire OR the other one. Perhaps the finest art of all is to be able to hit the ground running when you do.

I believe the days are rapidly drawing to a close until people will realize that fighting it through the courts and a "war of words" are increasingly futile, because they are not being heard. I hate it, but I believe it's coming. It didn't have to be that way, but if there isn't a radical upset in DC, hell is going to break loose. When that happens, no one is going to care what party folks attended. They won't stop to ask, and there's not enough difference between the Big Two to matter any how.

If you are not a Bagger, a GOP, Dem or Libretarian then what party are you apart of?

I am registered as an "Independent". I've been accused of being politically just to the right of Atilla the Hun, perhaps not unfairly. Still, what passes for "right wing" these days leaves me hollow, and I just can't get behind the agenda. I find myself as much at odds with them as with what passes for "left wing". As far as I'm concerned, they're ALL wing nuts. If one is towing either line whole hog, one is NOT thinking things through independently - he is just towing the line, and believing what he's told to believe. It appears to me that there is a drive in BOTH wings towards Centralization, and as I said above, Centralization is the real enemy - it matters nary a whit whether it's from the left or the right, the end results are the same, as was seen in Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Communist Russia, and literally dozens of other centrally consolidated totalitarian regimes in the 20th century, again from both sides.

I was a Republican for 40 years or so, until the Neocons took the party over. They are neither "New" nor "Conservative", so the term "neocon" is a misnomer, a misapplied label, just something to call them. They are no less totalitarian than Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, or others, and the same can be said for "Progressives" on the other end of the illusory spectrum, in the Democrat wing. There's nothing "progressive" about them, unless one considers a totalitarian regime to be progress.

What's needed, in my opinion, is a transfusion of fresh blood into DC, donated by neither of those two factions, for they are both working towards the same end, the same goal, but from different directions. They are burning the candle from both ends, and we are allowing it to happen, by the simple expedient of NOT kicking them all out of DC and changing the guard completely every 6 to 12 years with a fresh transfusion. God help us when the flame gets to the center, and there's no more candle to burn.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join