It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party now officially hijacked by the GOP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Tea Party to Back Any GOP Nominee

Well at least they are now admitting to being corporate propaganda machines under the guise of constitutionalists.

The Tea Party will support whoever wins the GOP presidential nomination - - even if that person is former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney. That's the affirmative word from Tea Party Express chair Amy Kremer. Kremer told Fox News on Saturday, "whoever the Republican nominee is will have to have the support of the Tea Party movement, the entire Tea Party movement." Read more: politics.blogs.foxnews.com...

Can't say this is a surprise at all. Most everyone has known that the republicans had taken over the "Official" tea party.

I used to get angry when I saw this kind of crap, now it's just whatever. maybe a meteor will land on one of their rallies. That would be interesting.

Oh, they also go on to say that they will not support any 3rd party candidates, just the GOP.

Screw the tea party.

Vote for Ron Paul.

Link
edit on 5-6-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

All in all they're just another.....
Brick in the wall.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well said, My thoughts exactly.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by watchitburn

Com the article:

"The entire Tea Party."

Umm … no.

The entire Tea Party will not endorse GOP.

Only the sellouts will.

Sadly, that is most Tea Partiers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It's more about defeating Obama than proposing an agenda. Obama is on bee-line course to ruin our country. ANYONE would be better.
Now I'm sure that candidates will emerge in the coming months, that will redefine the message.

Just my two ameros
edit on 5-6-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by watchitburn

Com the article:

"The entire Tea Party."

Umm … no.

The entire Tea Party will not endorse GOP.

Only the sellouts will.

How many third party candidates won in 2010? The tea parties had plenty of opportunities to vote in third party and they decided to stick with the GOP. Every tea party candidate that got most of the tea party support were GOP candidates. Yep, what happened to all those freshman GOP tea party politicians? Well the majority of them voted right in line with the GOP. The majority of them did so happily with the Patriot act and other neoconservative policies (with the dems ofcourse).

So don't "umm no" us here, actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
When the Tea Party first came onto the national scene I had a bit of hope.

While I didn't agree with a lot of their agenda, I really liked how they planned to stick up for our beloved Constitution.

Then big money showed up.

The movement was thereby co-opted. The money interests showed up and commandeered the movement and turned it into an astro-turf movement.

Ever hear about how the original Tea Party members were thrown under the bus by the GOP?

Did you notice how many members of the Congressional Tea Party caucus voted FOR the extension of the Patriot Act?

Do you really believe the Koch Brothers and the true Tea Party members have the same agenda?

All it takes is for money, big money, to show up and all hope is dashed.

When will the "little guy", the person who truly drives this country, ever win?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yup, Beezzer you are right. In fact they said that exactly. That their only real goal was to ensure Obama did not get re-elected.

While I agree that he should not be re-elected, I think their main concern should be trying to get our rights back, and limiting the powers of this bloated, ineffectual, tyrannical govt.

But that is never going to happen, so I am hoping for strategic meteor strikes.

Probably better odds than the Govt. fixing it's self.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Now? Really? This happened when they Stopped listening to Dr, Paul. After the end of the "End the Fed Rally" the main stream started to praise his ideas, then back out with the "loon from Texas". Just today I had a spirited exchange over Dr. Paul

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by beezzer

Yup, Beezzer you are right. In fact they said that exactly. That their only real goal was to ensure Obama did not get re-elected.

While I agree that he should not be re-elected, I think their main concern should be trying to get our rights back, and limiting the powers of this bloated, ineffectual, tyrannical govt.

But that is never going to happen, so I am hoping for strategic meteor strikes.

Probably better odds than the Govt. fixing it's self.

Personally, I'm hoping on a zombe apocalyspe. Too much property damage with meteor strkes.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wait

So, some people thought the tea party express was an actual movement? I thought everyone knew it was just a rebranding of the old culture warrior GOP fringe...

man, some people will believe anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

As long as Ron Paul will be the gop candidate, I will be behind the tea party this time.
Byut yep, sold out...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Let's be truthful here. You don't realistically expect that they would even consider voting for Obama, do you? As a matter of fact, who would consider voting for that loser? So what's the surprise here? They - every thinking adult - will make it their goal to get rid of the Boy Blunder. It's the right thing to do.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Neither "thinking" nor "adult" are adjectives that are well-applied to the tea party movement - whatever you want to claim it actually is. In all its incarnations, it's pretty juvenile and involves about as much independent thought as a summer camp sing-along.

This back and forth about the GOP / Anti-GOP angle of it just reminds me of two music nerds arguing about some indie band; one insists that the music was better before they "sold out" while the other argues that they would have never gotten the coverage or funding without selling out. Neither person in the argument is willing to admit that either way, the band is singing about sad pandas wearing pajamas and how hard it is to drive a stick.
edit on 5/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Now officially hijacked? Where have you been the last 3 years?

The tea party started back in 2006 with Ron Paul... and it was run by Ron Paul supporters for about 2 years before that SHILL Glenn Beck and Palin said they created it and took it over with their stupid republican crap and of course the CNN/MSNBC/John Stewart all said it was Glenn Beck and Palin's thing. And there it was hijacked.

It was hijacked a LONG TIME AGO...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, it was never independent of the GOP in the first place. Let's start with Ron Paul. Why has he not divorced from the republican Party by now, if he is so removed from it? He's supposed to be a ballsy dude who acts on his convictions, right? If Bernie Sanders can run as an independent, so can Ron Paul, I figure. Hell, a total scumbag like Lieberman can run as independent and still win. if Paul is as popular as everyone insists, then he doesn't need the GOP label to be elected; and even if he DID need it to get elected, he should live up to his own standards and ditch the Republicans anyway.

He has failed to do so because he's as much a feature of the Republican establishment as John Boehner and Rick Perry are. He's never actually accomplished anything, except perhaps bringing your tax dollars back to shrimpers in his district. He talks a lot of Populism, but is utterly unable (and sometimes unwilling) to follow through on it. Ron Paul is serving a functional capacity for his party; the exceptional example, or the "token" if you will. That is, when someone goes "The republicans are a bunch of war-mongering scumbags in cahoots with the big banks!" well, the party can just say "nuh uh!" and trot out Paul. Nevermind that his opposition is not the least bit functional , it DOES provide good PR. In exchange, he gets to suckle at that big ol' elephant teat for money.

Now what about the tea partiers themselves? Where do they come from? Well, the majority, even from the start, were just another wing of the GOP voting base anyway - blandly anti-government, uncommitedly anti-bank, devoted believers in the church of Friedman, and with a tendency to line Paul's pockets by buying lots of gold from the mines he's invested in. These people almost universally derided anything to the left of Reagan to be flamingly communist; they were never going to vote for Democrats anyway just on general knee-jerk principle.

From the outset, the tea Party was a subset of devoted Republican voters, with a scattered few hard-right non-voters, all staring adoringly up to a Republican politician who does what every politician does; lies to you for his personal gain.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, it was never independent of the GOP in the first place. Let's start with Ron Paul. Why has he not divorced from the republican Party by now, if he is so removed from it?

According to Paulers, Ron Paul has no choice but to be apart of the Republican party because... well.. it's the only party that gets him the vote.... you know.... 4% of the vote.... wait... hold on... 2% of the vote in the Republican primaries....

Wait... why is Ron Paul part of the Republican party again? Who knows. Hows about that cherry coke they got going on? It's "different" right? It appeals to a certain segment to buy more coke.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It is laughable to think any one person can speak for the Tea Party. That is not to say in my opinion the LEADERSHIP of the Tea Party has ALMOST always been some of the most institutional Republicans. Groups like the Tea Party Express were created out of whole cloth by people like Phil Gramm. Smart guys like that saw the extreme level of ignorance of many in the Tea Party and played them like a harp.

I also think that in the VERY beginning, the Ron Paulians were the genesis of the Tea Party and I think the average Ron Paulian is many times smarter than the average voter. But since Ron Paul runs as a Republican, it was easy for the establishment to come in and co-opt his supporters under a ficticious "Tea Party" banner.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Neither "thinking" nor "adult" are adjectives that are well-applied to the tea party movement - whatever you want to claim it actually is. In all its incarnations, it's pretty juvenile and involves about as much independent thought as a summer camp sing-along.

What a juvenile thing to say. Seriously. And "independent thought"? Where'd you get that from? Which PACs promote that? Name ONE.

Go peddle your liberal talking poinst somewhere else, like a high school lawn. Thats about the level of your thinking. The TPM helped kick many of you out of office in 2010 and will finish the job next year.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
What a juvenile thing to say. Seriously. And "independent thought"? Where'd you get that from? Which PACs promote that? Name ONE.

Go peddle your liberal talking poinst somewhere else, like a high school lawn. Thats about the level of your thinking. The TPM helped kick many of you out of office in 2010 and will finish the job next year.

Why do TEA Party members have so many problems with numbers?
Just 32% of Tea Party candidates win

Most of what self proclaimed TEA Party members write on ATS makes them sound as if they believe they speak for some magical majority somewhere. Either that or they are just having trouble finding the words to admit they really just want everyone else to agree with the few of them that there are and that's that. No room for compromise with 32%

<<   2  3  4 >>

join