It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The theme of the movie Inception(July 16 2010) is that planting an idea is virtually impossible. The thing is planting an idea is not some difficult task they make it out to be.

Hollywood making a movie about how difficult it is to plant an idea? They do it on a daily basis. They HAVE that power, and they use it. About what percentage of media do you think promotes a positve message? Do you not think all these messages of social status, rebellion, sex, drugs, more sex, violence, selfishness, and apathy has an effect on the younger generations? Take the new MTV show "Skins" for example.

My generation (1990 and younger) is so out of control and no ones paying attention, we take everything to such extremes it's horrifying to watch how we treat each other. I know it wasn't like this when my parents were kids. Maybe it's not so much that no ones paying attention, maybe it's just no one cares. The media has planted the idea, that not caring about anything, and being mean spirited is "cool", and wanting to be educated and being kind is not.

Think of any show where the main characters are regular middle class people. Do you notice any theme amongst 95% of those? Now put yourself in the minds of the wealthy people producing these shows. They're not laughing with you, they're laughing AT you.

Plot

Cobb is approached by the wealthy Mr. Saito (Ken Watanabe), Cobb's last extraction target, asking him and his team to perform the act of "inception", planting an idea within the person's subconscious mind. Saito wishes to break up the vast energy empire of his competitor, the ailing Maurice Fischer (Pete Postlethwaite), by planting this idea in his son Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy) who will inherit the empire when his father dies.

1) Notice how it's a Chinese buisnessman contracting Leonardo charactor to break up an "energy" conglomerate. Hasn't it been shoved down are throats for years now that we're the reason for global warming. We're considered by the globalists to basically be the cancer the earth. The Middle East is the worlds largest supplier of oil. The 'empire' could either represent the Middle East, or the Western worlds.

2) 'Divide and Conquer'

3) The idea is being planted in a young persons mind. Isn't it Obama that keeps praising the youth of the Middle East. This could represent that it's the young people that are being used to do this.

4) The movie ends with a cliffhanger where Leonardo charactor spins his top but it goes to credits before the audience can see if the inception was successful or not. This could show that their plan has begun but we have to see still if the top will fall as they want it to.

There's alot more messages in the movie but these are the most important. There's been so many hints by the media of what was to come this year but this movie is by far the most obvious example and that's why I chose it. Not only did they make it seem like you needed 7 very intelligent people, and very complex technology to plant an idea, they actually plant an idea using just a movie

Did the movie "Inception" predict the Japan Quake and Middle East Unrest of 2011?

edit on 5-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Intelligent post BlackStar99, and a very interesting topic.

Well done!

IRM

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think you read way to much into it.

I don't think movie makers plant ideas as much as they cater to what is popular at the time. I doubt movie makers have any clue when an earthquake is going to happen let alone passing a subconcious thought to anyone. When NASA and scientists made a big deal about astroids could destroy earth it took movie makers about a year to jump on that bandwagon.

Marketing on the other hand is phycological. Marketing causes fads and makes people believe they have to have things ects... Beenie babies is a good example. If something is popular at the time then everyone that has something to sell will cater to it. Kinda like these conspiracy sites. One day it is a comet and all the sites get crazy with it the next day it is something else.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
I think you read way to much into it.

I don't think movie makers plant ideas as much as they cater to what is popular at the time. I doubt movie makers have any clue when an earthquake is going to happen let alone passing a subconcious thought to anyone. When NASA and scientists made a big deal about astroids could destroy earth it took movie makers about a year to jump on that bandwagon.

Marketing on the other hand is phycological. Marketing causes fads and makes people believe they have to have things ects... Beenie babies is a good example. If something is popular at the time then everyone that has something to sell will cater to it. Kinda like these conspiracy sites. One day it is a comet and all the sites get crazy with it the next day it is something else.

No, I think the problem here is people not reading into it enough. I blame television for the destruction of our soceity. Americans on average spend a 1/4 of our lives watching tv. Add that to the 1/4 of our lives working on average, and the 1/3 of our lives sleeping on average and it's clear on average we do almost no living at all. Instead we devote our free time to watching actors playing out fake lives,

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."

-Robert M. Pirsig

This quote hold true for tv as well. Just because soceity has accepted this oddity as normal doesn't make it normal.

Most people wake up, go to work, come home, turn on the tv, eat dinner in front of the tv, watch tv until bed, go to bed, turn on the tv in there room until they fall asleep. Wake up and do it all over again everyday Working their whole lives making some executive rich, while not being told how simple it is to make boatloads of money, just to die off on some $#!tty pension. A large percent of our population can't even sleep without the tv on.

I know deep down everyone knows how weird the concept of television is, I just wish people weren't so scared to speak up. Another idea planted by the media is that only crazies and (their favorite word)radicals are against tv.

Besides this isn't theory, enough producers, writers, directors, and creators of shows you probably watch have admitted to it.

You're right about marketing, and that's why it's used in storylines, it's called propaganda, and it's been used forever.

You can't tell me Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, The Middle, South Park, any show on Adult Swim(which was put on cartoon network specifically so it will be watched by children), any show on MTV(Again another network marketed to the younger generation planting seeds of selfishness, sex, and rebellion one person at a time) doesn't have a large impact on the impressionable children.

Americans can't understand why we're hated so much worldwide. Aside from being the world police, the people of these countries see these shows as a direct reflection of the average American citizen. Sadly, they pretty much are.
edit on 5-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am not disagreeing TV has negative effects however I think your cause is wrong. Television isn't the cause it is the result. It is people's desire to watch it that is the cause. TV is nothing more than any other poduct of supply and demand. People have the choice to watch it or not. TV will put on what people want to see. Thats why TV shows are cancaled and others run for years.

I don't disagree people don't live their lifes well however it is still their choice to watch TV instead of doing whatever else. Also I wouldn't put everyone in the TV potato group. I go out doors a lot and I seem to find no lack of people out there. The parks are crowded, the lakes are crowded, the hikeing trails are well traveled and the camp grounds are always packed. So I really think you are reading to much into it...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW

I am not disagreeing TV has negative effects however I think your cause is wrong. Television isn't the cause it is the result. It is people's desire to watch it that is the cause. TV is nothing more than any other poduct of supply and demand. People have the choice to watch it or not. TV will put on what people want to see. Thats why TV shows are cancaled and others run for years.

Why does it have negative effects? Maybe because it sends negative messages? It could be a weapon for good, but it's clear what the intentions really are. TV is both the cause and effect. Our government has bankrupted the middle and lower class to the point where watching actors role play doing things they wish they could do becomes the only affordable option. It does several things for the globalists. It allows them to plant ideas, shape minds, takes peoples thoughts off current events, becomes the topic of 75% of conversations, stops people from talking to each other, and list goes on and on.

Imagine if tv was no more. People would wake up so quick it would make their heads spin. I'm all for the Constitution, but tv must be outlawed(with maybe the exception of unbiased news sources) as it's been become a powerful weapon of evil. All that the shows Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, ect... are is anti-Constitution propaganda anyways.

The storyline almost always goes something like this:

Someones murdered, hurt, w/e
Police find out who it is, or are rightly suspicious of someone
Police can't arrest them or search them because of some Constitutional provision
A scene or two, or a couple lines are thrown in from the writers making it seem like the Constitution is some horrible thing and the world would be a much safer place without it.
Police have to find some roundabout way to make an arrest and convict the perp
the end

I don't disagree people don't live their lifes well however it is still their choice to watch TV instead of doing whatever else. Also I wouldn't put everyone in the TV potato group. I go out doors a lot and I seem to find no lack of people out there. The parks are crowded, the lakes are crowded, the hikeing trails are well traveled and the camp grounds are always packed. So I really think you are reading to much into it...

It is their choice, but it's their right to know how and what it's been used for. Note the word 'average', I'm not lumping anyone and I'm tired of people making it seem like it's bad to stereotype under any circumstance, because when we're making an assesment on collective, stereotyping is all we have.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how the OP can rage at the typical person for being a zombie to mindless pop culture when the movie was a raging success that made a lot of people think about things. It was a powerful movie in the aspect that it got a lot of people to (maybe over) analyze various "philosophical" (for lack of a better word) ideals. Do you think it was just a bunch of psuedo intellectuals trying to justify something about their own existence? Judging by your post I can reasonably guess it means a lot to you, but do you disregard the ability of the general populance to do the same sort of analysis in their own way.

I love your (the OP) particular view and the view of another poster about advertising in the same way being a type of "inception" of a sort of societal programming for possibly the sake of the continuance of society as we know it. I think most people know how mundane their life is and that's exactly why a movie like this was so popular. It's great to think in ideals and say how things should be without thinking about how much terribly worse it could be.

Personally I think most people could relate to the final image is that contentedness with life is more important that anything else. That's not the sort of happiness of being a slave to the system as much as doing whatever it takes to get to a final goal, such as Dicaprio's character being with his children. Whether he was in reality or not doesn't matter, it's how it affects the reality of the viewer that made it powerful.

Also the comment was made that the media that America puts out is the reason that we are held in low regard by other countries. While I agree with this, I have found that a lot of people from other countries love some of the "art" (poor word choice maybe) that America has produced. For good or for bad, I can't really say, but I like the discussion.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think its imperative that I point out an unintentional experiment and its results

From March of 1997 through November of 1999 I did not watch ANY TV whatsoever. I didn't even turn it on.

I was not happier, sadder, or anything else noticable.

Why didn't I watch it? none of your business
(actually I got addicted to the internet, so I forgot all about it)

I also haven't listened to the radio since 1997 - I have no idea what mainstream music looks like - any music I know anymore is passed on to me through others. And I feel super blessed that all I know about Lady Gaga is she looks like what happens if Madonna and Marilyn Manson have a baby.

oh and finally, since I came here from your other thread - please stop ragging on family guy - Stewie is my idol

thanks so much

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
maybe a little off topic, but i watched this movie for the 3rd time last night, the imagery is amazing... anyways, i noticed something new this time around... when dicaprio is in the 1st dream sequence, on his way to the safe, i noticed that when he was using the silenced pistol, when he fired it he reached up and caught the casings as they flew out before they flew off and pinged somewhere on the floor, i would assume to assist in his stealth... i just thought that was wild, i mean there was that kevin costner movie mr. brooks www.imdb.com... , in which he would wrap the gun in plastic as to not lose the shell casings... anyways, just thought that was pretty interesting and couldn't be the easiest thing to accomplish, even with gloves to keep from burning your hand..
yes, i am quite late to this thread, but just wanted to add 2 cents
edit on 13-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

top topics

join