It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails - A Synopsis in Misconceptions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hello ATS members!

Chemtrails. What a fascinating conspiracy. Whether you are a believer in the phenomena or a hard sceptic, you have to admit that chemtrails have a tendency to spark discussions, inflame debates and sometimes, cause some very serious havoc in forums all over the net.

The point of this thread is simply to identify the misconceptions related to this topic. I do not claim that what you will read is the non equivocal truth but an essay in understanding and perhaps obtaining a different perspective on the subject. I am one of those that do not believe in chemtrails anymore but I would like to emphasize, once more, that this thread is simply an essay. Basically, you would find the main reasons as to why I am a non believer. I won’t try to convince you in any way, but I hope that you will research further more and draw your own conclusions.

CHEMTRAILS – A SYNOPSIS IN MISCONCEPTIONS

I have found out that there are five misconceptions that stand out of the crowd. The type of thinking that points towards the assumption that chemtrails are really happening. They are as follows:

Misconception Number 1

“Chemtrails remain longer in our skies; many hours...contrails evaporate rapidly; seconds.”

Misconception Number 2

“You don’t know what chemicals are in a contrail.”

Misconception Number 3

“They spray chemicals in an x pattern.”

Misconception Number 4

“They want to make us sick.”

Misconception Number 5

“The chemtrails are purposely done to reduce population.”

I would recommend that you look at each and every one of those misconceptions with an unbiased point of view and determine for yourself that, maybe, they don’t hold much evidence. Here goes...

1 – “Chemtrails remain longer in our skies; many hours...contrails evaporate rapidly; seconds.”

(The “It wasn’t like that before” syndrome)

A rapid evaporated contrail = contrail.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50f824f77704.jpg[/atsimg]

A long lasting contrail = chemtrail.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61c60f8fd8d9.jpg[/atsimg]

But what about a short lasting contrail??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7c484eb1eaf.jpg[/atsimg]

I have admitted in posts and I will again, that as a child, contrails didn’t seem to last as long. If this is true, then why would that be?

Let’s use a bit of critical thinking. Let’s ask questions.

Is the air the same as ten years ago? Doubt it.

Is the air the same as twenty years ago? Really doubt it.

Is the air the same as thirty years ago? I would hardly believe it.

Is the air the same as forty years ago? I would go with definitely not.

What about the streams, winds, currents?? What about the climate factor?? The chemistry of it all??

Another question that would pop in my mind is this...

Is the aircraft fuel different than ten, twenty, thirty, forty years ago? Chances are. Motors are different, systems are different. Spock would say that it seems logical.

So if the air is different, the ecosystem is different, the fuel and propulsion systems are different, then why would I assume that the result be the same??

Following? Gooooooooooooood...let’s continue...

A man has asked about that third picture above. The answer comes from a Langley scientist named Pat Minnis. This guy is a contrail enthusiast, having studied them for more than fifteen years.

See what he has to say: contrailscience.com...

Interesting isn’t it?

I would also bet a few bucks that this guy knows a bit more about contrail science than me...or you.

Why have I personally started to search and read about this science? Was fed up of the nonsense, fed up of being suspicious at every trail I looked at...if you are at that point, well...

I would recommend and reiterate the following website, as it will be a main source in this thread:

contrailscience.com...

If you are serious about finding the truth, if you are fed up of assumptions and unanswered questions then that site is for you. Enjoy !

As you probably have already noticed, I don’t mention a lot of answers but lead you towards reading them. As I said, find your own conclusions. Unless you’re unwilling to come back to reality and prefer the soft state of personal delusion...Been there, done that.

I was kinda like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f77ac8322f89.jpg[/atsimg]

2 - “You don’t know what chemicals are in a contrail.”
(The “I think I’m an Expert” syndrome)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72fd9ba53a6c.jpg[/atsimg]

You are right, Doctor. Neither am I.

But some people are.

The exhaust of an aircraft contains both gas (vapor) and solid particles. Both of these are important in the formation of contrails. Some elements of the exhaust gasses are not involved in contrail formation but do constitute air pollution. Emissions include carbon dioxide, water vapor, nitrogen oxides (NOx), carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons such as methane, sulfates (SOx), and soot and metal particles.

Link: asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

Here is a chart that explains how they form. Three categories: The short lived, persistent and persistent spreading contrail...

Link: asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

Are contrails safe? With the increase in air traffic, scientists tend to believe that it will affect the climate by 2050. To put it simply, contrails will eventually contribute to the warming and ozone destruction...like many other resources that we over multiply...cars anyone??

Read more here: www.solcomhouse.com...

3 – “They spray chemicals in an X pattern.”
(The “X Files” syndrome)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01fb30828d23.jpg[/atsimg]

I want to believe. Repeat. I want to believe.

If this is the case, then there is nothing I or others can show you that can change your mind. And it’s ok. Diversity makes the world go round.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6765c47554da.jpg[/atsimg]

If you live on this planet, you’ve probably seen trails like these at one point or another.

How many aircrafts are in the sky at any given time? Do they follow each other in a line up across the globe? Here is a great site to monitor what is happening in the sky. If you think that they aren’t bound to cross each other at anytime, think twice.

A reference I have seen given by other members very, very often:

flightaware.com...

In this link, I have selected Boeing 747-400 only...interesting no?

There are about 6000 aircrafts in our skies at any given time. 80000 a day around the globe.

Manys X’s...only seems natural.

4 – “They want to make us sick.”
(The “Pharmaceutical Utopian” syndrome)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/079c47dbce7b.jpg[/atsimg]

Look !!! An X !!! Just joking...

They want to make us sick. Cancer, wild respiratory problems. You, your wife, your spouse, your kids, your grandparents...even your pets.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95c6f2e89313.jpg[/atsimg]

They = TPTB. The Powers That be. The bad guys. The problem I see with this misconception is that unless the bad guys are immune to the chemicals...they will get sick too. Along with their wives, their spouses, their kids, their grandparents...even their pets.

The pharmaceutical industries are already making billions off the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. I don’t think they want to add to it. Unless...

5 – “The chemtrails are purposely done to reduce population.”
(The “They want to kill us all” syndrome)

Nothing less. They (TPTB) are planning a planetary genocide! And there is proof! I’ve seen the pictures!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48ec98389776.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18f671f82fc2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/719f1be98315.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8498e4bc1ac.jpg[/atsimg]

The military is on it too! Don’t laugh, I used to believe that!

Source and explanation of above pics: contrailscience.com...

Oooops. Reality. But where does this population reduction idea come from?

Ever heard of the Georgia Guidestones?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecbf9aabbbf9.gif[/atsimg]

It does mention:

MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

Brian Dunning explains it well, if it’s the first time you hear of those:

skeptoid.com...

Yeah, I know..Skeptoid. Skeptic. What interests me is right under that title...Critical Analysis...

Killing us all would mean killing themselves (TPTB) and their loved ones. So unless they bury themselves in bunkers at all times to avoid the chemical contrails...they are also doomed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4936bbefbbc7.gif[/atsimg]

Hopefully, you are willing to look at the many links provided in this thread with a serious eye. And a serious concern.

No magic. No propaganda. Just questioning, by using Critical Thinking.

Here is a neat video that talks about critical thinking. It made sense for me, maybe it will for you.

Hope you enjoyed this thread as much as I had putting it up.

Thank you for reading. All comments are welcome.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
my local news did a 30 minute segment on chemtrails this past week,it was pretty interesting.they had university of arizona professors and researchers break down what they could consist of and what chemicals properties could relate to them,they also spoke to a local conspiracy organization speak on what they could be.i was surprised to see them give an issue like this light

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Surprising indeed!

One thing I do notice about the chemtrail talks. The ones that try and prove that it exists rely on conspiracy teams that support the idea. The ones that try and prove that it doesn't exist rely on teams that support the non existence. Sounds political doesn't it?

thanks for your reply

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I find that there are not that many who try to prove that "chemtrails" don't exist. That's actually impossible to do as you would have to provide evidence that every contrail every made contained only combustion products.

On the other hand those that believe "chemtrails" exist can prove it, but they never have. It should be pretty easy to prove that there is a global conspiracy to do...something. No evidence at all as a matter of fact. They tend to avoid logic and science while those who don't believe "chemtrails" exist use logic and science.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
have you noticed that conspiracy theories have become more mainstream..if you notice on yahoo,their homepage has a trends section and a few times a week some sort of conspiracy is their,looks like people are beginning to pay attention.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
my local news did a 30 minute segment on chemtrails this past week,it was pretty interesting.they had university of arizona professors and researchers break down what they could consist of and what chemicals properties could relate to them,they also spoke to a local conspiracy organization speak on what they could be.i was surprised to see them give an issue like this light

That wasnt the one with "Roxy Lopez" was it? I see its up on Aircrap.

I tried correcting her on her MANY errors in her videos. She has not updated them, and she continues on with her "Evergreen KC-135" nonsense

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True. Good point.

Logic and science, exactly. Another point that I didn't bring in this thread but that I always have in the back of my mind is that from the tens of thousands of flights, everyday, around the globe, someone, somewhere would talk if it was indeed the case that they exist.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Mainstream is often filled with misinformation.

A double edged sword.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well I for one quite enjoyed reading your thread, along with all the pretty pictures.

I also think 'they' would have much easier ways of purposefully poisoning us than all of the manpower that would be needed to 'spray' us every single day all over the world. Why would they need to do that? There are more cost effective ways of poisoning us than that. Water, food, pharma, etc. Nope, I currently just cannot buy into the chemtrail theory.

ETA and you'd think SOMEBODY would have come forward by now with a guilty conscience.
edit on 5-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I will say pretty much the same thing I said before.

Chemtrails have been researched and tested for various reasons. Mostly geo-engineering and to boost communications. They we're never intended to purposely kill people. They might contain chemicals that are bad for us, probably we wouldn't live long breathing in contrails all the time too!

Countering global warming and countering pollution would be used a lot more then killing us or sending disease everywhere. Even if the conspiracy of wanting to kill us, weaken us does sound possible in a scientific way, even if TPTB already had the "cure", they still wouldn't be spraying us if you think common sense. Not that TPTB has common sense...

I've also seen a post today explaining that if the government would openly say they use chemtrails to counter pollution, people wouldn't be has careful...not a bad analogy. Not impossible since pretty much everyone thinks everyone other then themselves is a moron...imagine how strongly the ones that rule us feel about this.

Scientist can easily say what their boss wants us to hear, so you can't really trust them 100% of the time.
No one can test all contrails and about any tests could be biased, pretty sad.

Benjamin Fulford does seem to deeply believe chemtrails exists , along with plenty others that "says" they have ties with the secret government. He was blaming Evergreen International Aviation, Inc for using chems in their planes...all this with not much proof, only certitude in their voices. Still, some actors have certitude in their voices too!

Anyway, I personally think, they might be using chems or not, but if they do it's in theory for the greater good, the greater good that may not apply to everyone..

Oh, btw! NIce post OP!

Very logical deductions, most of the time. Everything is open to opinions with no proof and you brought your analogy really well.
edit on 5-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Killing us all would mean killing themselves (TPTB) and their loved ones. So unless they bury themselves in bunkers at all times to avoid the chemical contrails...they are also doomed.

I must say all this part is debatable. It's extremely easy to just have the cure or what it takes to nullify the problems chemical would give to "everyone". A little like potassium iodide works for radiation. Yes I know you can't take potassium iodide for too long since it's bad, but I guess it's easy to see the possibility.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
To the OP.

You are arguing against a religion. The chemmies live in their own little chemmie world filled with chemmie planes in secret chemmie bases.

You cannot defeat their chemmie religion.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

fantastic job!

I love seeing posts like this no matter what the subject, or outcome. I wish everyone who came to ATS would have to study posts like this to learn how it's done right before they got rights to post.

And as a small brained individual, I like how the bullets were short and to the point, with illustrations. (more comic book than text book)

again, great job. Applause is needed here.
edit on 5-6-2011 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Why would they need to do that? There are more cost effective ways of poisoning us than that.

When I started questioning the chemtrail agenda, that is exactly the question that started it all. Why would they need to do that??

Pertinent question that has a multitude of common sense answers...

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I understand what you're saying. Using chemicals for the greater good. Repairing the ozone, counterattack the warming or fight pollution will perhaps seem inevitable in the future.

Thanks for contributing.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Oh, I like that! You brought solution to your own questioning...

Time. If they try to make us sick but they have a cure, time is against them. I have never seen someone die on the spot after seeing a chemtrail. If they spray to implement disease, disease takes a while to occur and takes even more time to make the kill. Kinda fantasy...ish to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
To the OP.

You are arguing against a religion. The chemmies live in their own little chemmie world filled with chemmie planes in secret chemmie bases.

You cannot defeat their chemmie religion.

The goal of my thread isn't to defeat their religion but to question. Don't forget, I used to believe in chemtrails. My sister is an avid chemtrail enthusiast. So are some close friends. And even if we now disagree, we all get along. Everyone has a right to a personal opinion.

The ones that scare me are the ones that don't. The ones that don't care one way or another. I work on the road and I see things flying out car windows that would leave you in shock...those. They're the ones that bother me.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thank you Sir for the kind words !!

I also had fun! I didn't want to make it too serious even if the subject is. I've made a few threads since I joined and this is the first one that I can really say "That was Fun" !

And between you and me, we see plenty of gloom and doom threads already.

It's just meant to be different. I am happy you appreciated it.

Thanks for coming by !

top topics

join