It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delinquent Homeowners to Get Mortgage Aid from Obama Administration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Section31

yeah! screw those people! They should be out on their butts in the cold!

Entitlement for the delinquent!

What the hell is wrong with our president!

Wrong question. Allow me to elucidate you.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

- Article XXV, clause 1 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The United States voted as one of the 48 nations in favor of the Declaration. The Declaration is a foundational document of the United Nations, of which the United States is a founding member. It provides definition to the terms "fundamental freedoms" and "human rights" used in the United nations Charter; this charter is legally binding to all member states, including, of course, the United States of America.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

- Article VI, clause 2 of the United States Constitution (bolded emphasis mine)

So I think that the proper question is, what is wrong with you?

He is dumber than George Bush Jr.!

Demonstrably false. In fact this entire notion proves this false.

Do you know how to get a crap load of Democrats to vote Republican? You take their hardworking cash, and then you give it to someone who thinks they are entitled to free stuff.

If that's how you think it works, then it's no wonder that the GOP voting base - already a fetid little mud puddle - is rapidly evaporating. See, Democrats think that even poor people should have a roof over their heads. Housing isn't just for those of you who can leech off their parents well into adulthood.
edit on 5/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

Sadly, you're casting pearls before swine here. Most ATS posters seem to have the empathy levels of a warm can of pabst, and even less understanding of poverty, economics, or the current situation we're facing. Most of them have probably never actually suffered anything remotely resembling poverty, even second-hand. And the great majority would rather you and your family drop dead in an alleyway, than clutter their beautiful minds with such notions.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

At last, someone in the white house who acknowledges the existence of and the necessity of trying to maintain a middle class, who understands individuals did not cause this mess, but the banks did.

Oh wait! Sorry, I'm on the wrong thread. Have some more kool aid. Er, I mean tea. You Betcha!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act........hmmm.....all republican names.....repealed the Glass–Steagall Act . yes, president clinton signed it, but it was mostly a republican piece that the democrats didn't jump on board of until there were a few concessions made to it....
so, it seems to me, that if you chose to blame the dems for this piece of ligislation, then well...you'd also have to blame the republicans, since the put twice as much time and energy into making it a reality.....

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-6-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If indeed, as Bastiat asserted, that the only role of government is to defend the right of an individual to life, liberty, and property then assisting homeowners who are down on their luck as a result of the recession is fulfilling the latter function.

In the UK mortgage help is available for people who lose their jobs. The government recognised that kicking families onto the street simply because they couldn't afford to pay their mortgages would be "a bad thing". Some Americans appear to believe that's an acceptable way to run a society and that the less money and assistance the US government gives its citizens is "a good thing". This completely ignores the fact that the ultimate source of government funds is its citizens. Such self-owning stupidity is breathtaking.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I have a solution.

Once we discover the means for efficient space travel, we re-enact what Christopher Columbus did in the past. As the 50% who pay taxes leave the 50% who don't behind, we setup new military defenses on a new home world. When those 50% slackers finally get off their duff to find us, we blow them out of the sky before they touchdown.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

People on unemployment pay taxes on their unemployment where GE got a huge refund so enjoy that planet full of tax paying welfare recipients. I have a feeling GE will start chipping in real quick.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
So you tell me...where did the repeal of Glass-Steagle begin?

As I said in my previous post, it does not matter when they tried to pass the law. What matters is that Bill Clinton finally gave them what they wanted.

Bill Clinton's signature created this entire economic mess.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Wrong question. Allow me to elucidate you.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

- Article XXV, clause 1 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The United States voted as one of the 48 nations in favor of the Declaration. The Declaration is a foundational document of the United Nations, of which the United States is a founding member. It provides definition to the terms "fundamental freedoms" and "human rights" used in the United nations Charter; this charter is legally binding to all member states, including, of course, the United States of America.

I don't care about the United Nations. I care about the United States.

Originally posted by dawnstar
The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act........hmmm.....all republican names.....repealed the Glass–Steagall Act . yes, president clinton signed it, but it was mostly a republican piece that the democrats didn't jump on board of until there were a few concessions made to it....
so, it seems to me, that if you chose to blame the dems for this piece of ligislation, then well...you'd also have to blame the republicans, since the put twice as much time and energy into making it a reality.....

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not a Republican, so you can pound dirt.

edit on 6/5/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Government should not have bailed those banks out in the first place, if they hadn't no one would be losing thier homes.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I believe in giving to others in need, for as long as 'I am the one giving'.

I don't need a government to tell me what to do, say, or buy,

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
All right.
Stop making payments on my home and the Fed Govt will help make payments.
Gotta love it.

What a wonderful time this it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
The United States voted as one of the 48 nations in favor of the Declaration. The Declaration is a foundational document of the United Nations, of which the United States is a founding member.

I don't care about the United Nations. I care about the United States.

Can you explain what I am missing here?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
All right.
Gotta love it.

I think you've missed the point. This programme is designed to help people who are unable or facing difficulty making mortgage payments, not those unwilling to.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

oh happy day!!!! The inmates have finally taken over the asylum.

edit on 5-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoTolstoy

Originally posted by macman
All right.
Gotta love it.

I think you've missed the point. This programme is designed to help people who are unable or facing difficulty making mortgage payments, not those unwilling to.

Yep. Stop requiring people to be responsible and take care of their own choices. Sounds like they should sell the home, eat the loss like every other person and pay down their debt. Oh wait, sorry I forgot, Obama to the rescue.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoTolstoy

So do they have to show need by filing a chapter 13 or something? Otherwise how will the banks know the homeowners are truly in need?

Normally when a delinquent homeowner files chapter 13 the courts investigate the homeowners resources and restructure their debt into more affordable payments that are then paid through a trusty.

I would not mind at all if at this point the courts took a look at the market value reduction of the property in question and lowered the payments according to the delinquent homeowners ability to pay.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
reply to post by LeoTolstoy

So do they have to show need by filing a chapter 13 or something? Otherwise how will the banks know the homeowners are truly in need?

Normally when a delinquent homeowner files chapter 13 the courts investigate the homeowners resources and restructure their debt into more affordable payments that are then paid through a trusty.

Nah, I just got my forms. As long as I can show that I voted for Obama, I am getting a free house and they are going to take money from you to pay for it. SWEET!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

what i shame i dont do requests.

the fantasy is welfare and i couldnt live with myself knowing that the only reason that check comes is the fact that is stolen from someone else just trying to make it destroying other people because some idiots morality trumps property rights in this country.

Wow, Your compassion knows no bounds, neo. I guess all these people who can't find jobs because there are none should just starve, live in the cold, die. Good thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Its far more draining on taxpayers to shelter and feed homeless than it is to give a lifeline and help someone keep their home while they look for new employment. The middle class have footed the bill and carried this country for a long time, and got the biggest shaft thanks to GW Bush. Obama didn't create this mess, you can delude yourselves all you want. You can't cry how americans aren't being bailed out and then when they are cry about a welfare state. You're like children with too many toys.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Its far more draining on taxpayers to shelter and feed homeless than it is to give a lifeline and help someone keep their home while they look for new employment. The middle class have footed the bill and carried this country for a long time, and got the biggest shaft thanks to GW Bush. Obama didn't create this mess, you can delude yourselves all you want. You can't cry how americans aren't being bailed out and then when they are cry about a welfare state. You're like children with too many toys.

Always Bushes fault.
When will Obama take charge and give you the hope and change you were promised?

Obama may not be the key player in creating the mess, but he sure knows how to prolong it and make it worse.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

IMO he took charge day one. I really think the biggest problem here is that way too many people expected everything to be fixed instantly. That is not reality. You can't just put bandaids on things and call it fixed, you have to get to the root of the problem and put on temporary bandaids so you don't bleed out in the meantime. It is going to take a long time to fix.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join