It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delinquent Homeowners to Get Mortgage Aid from Obama Administration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

no

if you cant afford to buy a home then dont buy a home you know you cant afford

too many things in this country are goveerment subsidized.

heres something we do agree on tarp should have never happened and no bailouts should happen.

doesnt matter if its people or business.

altho the lame stream media and obama says tarp was paid back

which we all know is a flat out lie.
edit on 4-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I see the problem you are having now. It's that you believe only half the population pays taxes. I suspect you are also misguided in your understanding of WHO it is who pays taxes at all.

It was an exaggerated guess.

Society cannot last long with freeloaders sucking off of taxpayers.

Eventually, the middle-class taxpayer bracket will just get up and leave.

You cannot tax people if there are none to tax.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Once again you're living in this elitist fantasy.

People who were making 60k+ and gainfully employrd have lost their job, Neo.

They cannot pay their mortgage because they have no income. They once did, and could afford it..............now they can't. You can't just lump everyone into the category of "lazy and living above their means"

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

what i shame i dont do requests.

the fantasy is welfare and i couldnt live with myself knowing that the only reason that check comes is the fact that is stolen from someone else just trying to make it destroying other people because some idiots morality trumps property rights in this country.

Most people I have met take pride in working

There isn't any dignity in taking a hand out and their sure isn't any honor in letting folks go hungry

You sound like a little girl, why don't you grow up and be a man, this world is more than just you

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think many of you may have a misconception about this program. Yes, it uses taxpayer money to initially fund the program, but the principle and interest payments from homeowners are routed directly back into the program....in effect turning a profit.

I know a few people who have saved their homes through the recent home loam modification program. It saves people the heartbreak of losing their homes when they cannot find work, or when medical bills drive them into bankruptcy. Yet the program is strict on payment and requires complete adherence to the rules they set forth. So this is not a "handout" for the lazy people!

I look at it like this: I would rather have them use an initial tax money investment than have more people roaming the streets> Just think what that costs us taxpayers!

ETA:

what i shame i dont do requests. the fantasy is welfare and i couldnt live with myself knowing that the only reason that check comes is the fact that is stolen from someone else just trying to make it destroying other people because some idiots morality trumps property rights in this country.

Stolen money? Then why do I and my employer pay for unemployment insurance? It's not a handout, it's simply using the insurance policies that we all paid for! Do politicians extend it to the point where it needs additional funding? Yes, but most of the unemployed paid for what they are receiving! Look into it!
edit on 4-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by neo96

They cannot pay their mortgage because they have no income. They once did, and could afford it..............now they can't. You can't just lump everyone into the category of "lazy and living above their means"

We moved to a more affordable house.

*shrugs*

You have to know when to hold them, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

Life is all about taking risks, and being responsible for the end results.
edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by neo96

We moved to a more affordable house.

*shrugs*

You have to know when to hold them, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

Life is all about taking risks, and being responsible for the end results.

well count your lucky stars

bless you and yours

don't close your heart to your fellow Americans and they will look after you too

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefsteaktwin

bless you and yours

don't close your heart to your fellow Americans and they will look after you too

Luck had nothing to do with it. I was being responsible for my obligations.

If these people cannot be responsible for their own failures, they deserve to suffer the consequences for inaction.

Although I may believe in Christ, I also believe that Darwinism is only natural.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

well # happens

and i know for a fact any loan given today theres that little thing called insurance that is available to get with every loan made in this country.

and that includes guess what? getting sick,becoming disabled and LOSING THEIR JOBS.

plus their unemployement insurance.

yeah if people were living within their means they would have money saved up from the times when they had income but wait too many people dont.

and now its someone elses problem because they did not think.

i am living in reality the fanasy is pushing problems off onto other people that isnt being elite

its called having a brain.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beefsteaktwin

yeah some people do take pride in working however too many people dont.

there is no honor of helping someone who cant and should be helping themselves. you going to be there for the rest of their lives? no

grow up and be a man

people who think like that is the root cause of the problems of this country.

if this country had a hard ass in charge i wonder what to think just how many people would be on welfare.

i know that there are 47 million americans on welfare and increase of 14 million since obama took over.

that now are our problems instead of changing the situations to make it so they need noone.

someone needs to grow up and it sure the hell aint myself.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In order for our nation to survive, the weak must perish from the population. Only those who are strong willed, responsible, hardworking, honorable, and humble shall survive.

That is the order of things.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

So the government is profiting off of the misfortune it created... Again.

It's all so simple... drive up housing... smash housing... extend fiscal control... exclude competition.

People need to wake up. The devil doesn't come bearing gifts. (No I'm not saying he's the literal devil...:@@

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

nd i know for a fact any loan given today theres that little thing called insurance that is available to get with every loan made in this country. and that includes guess what? getting sick,becoming disabled and LOSING THEIR JOBS.

Those insurance programs do not come bundled with mortgage contracts.....in fact those are government safety net programs! Except for Aflac which is ridiculously expensive.

ETA:

So the government is profiting off of the misfortune it created... Again. It's all so simple... drive up housing... smash housing... extend fiscal control... exclude competition. People need to wake up.

The government did not create this problem! An uniformed population and a greedy profit-leaching bank system did! You're right...you need to wake up!
edit on 4-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

insurance is ridiculous i do agree with that part but if people wanna dance with the devil it costs.

however you did make me think of something else.

the bank is insured on those mortgages.

so even if the borrower defaults the bank isnt out of anything but instead what happens

the government pays from moeny from us so that someone else doesnt have to pay.

link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by beefsteaktwin

bless you and yours

Luck had nothing to do with it. I was being responsible for my obligations.

If these people cannot be responsible for their own failures, they deserve to suffer the consequences for inaction.

Although I may believe in Christ, I also believe that Darwinism is only natural.

When you get older you will learn that one wrong turn in a car can change your life, leaving to go from A to B

at the wrong moment could kill you or destroy your finances or your ability to walk. You could get a disease you

never asked for, many things can happen to you that can effect your capacity to be responsible for your

obligations. That sin you carry is pride and I have seen many good men struck down when they invite in that

cold dark hearted way of being, that is satan telling you to turn a cold heart to your fathers children.

That isn't to say that there aren't people who do not care, but the lord showed us all with his

examples and that example is to be good, to shun the darkness that is the way of satan and the common

animal. I will pray that the lord does not come and strike you from you perch, my you learn your lesson

before a lesson need to be taught to you son. Peace be with you
edit on 4-6-2011 by beefsteaktwin because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

The government did not create this problem! An uniformed population and a greedy profit-leaching bank system did! You're right...you need to wake up!

Actually, the government did make the housing and depression problem.

Bill Clinton in the 90s took away regulations, which were put into place after the first Depression. Regulations originally outlawed the creation of monopolies. Once they were taken out of place, the rise of 'too big to fail' banks and companies began. 'Too big to fail' = Monopoly. When the regulations were originally put into place, after the Great Depression (World War II era), they stopped banks and corporations from damaging the economy and taking over the country. Bill Clinton stripped the regulations away, roughly 40 years later, so he can pretend to fix the economy in order to win an election.

Barney Frank and Bill Clinton then created the foreclosure chaos by opening the housing market, so that everyone, regardless about their income, can easily buy a house. It didn't mater if people had enough income to cover the bills.

Look it up. Its fact.

We never recovered from the stock market crash of 1999/2000. Since the internet stock market bubble popped, at the end of Clinton's final term, the Bush Administration didn't have enough time to react. Within a matter of a few months, we were hit by a terrorist attack. Once the events of 9/11/01 occurred, the already damage economy finally collapsed. Since that point in time, we have been too busy with war.

~ Bill Clinton and Barney Frank remove corporate regulations and setup equal housing for everyone.
~ Internet stock market breaks. Economy heads into a small crash.
~ Bush gets elected.
~ 9/11/01 occurred and changes our focus.
~ War begins.
~ Economy gets boosted by housing market influx in pricing.
~ George Bush fights corporate fraud.
~ Second war begins.
~ Housing starts to implode from Clinton's errors, and Bush's stupidity in not fixing the issue.
~ Stock market begins to crash from housing and corporate corruption.
~ Obama uses bailout money to buy and help houses, companies, and banks.
~ Tea-Party responds to the bailouts.
~ Etc...

Yes, the Democrats and Republicans were responsible for this mess. Democrats for setting things into motion, and Republicans for turning their heads the other way.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

yeah some people do take pride in working however too many people dont.

there is no honor of helping someone who cant and should be helping themselves. you going to be there for the rest of their lives? no

grow up and be a man

people who think like that is the root cause of the problems of this country.

if this country had a hard ass in charge i wonder what to think just how many people would be on welfare.

i know that there are 47 million americans on welfare and increase of 14 million since obama took over.

that now are our problems instead of changing the situations to make it so they need noone.

someone needs to grow up and it sure the hell aint myself.

You sound like a baby, when I was young I would have whooped you into standing up like a man

I seen 16 year old kids blow to hell, out there for nothing because they honored their country and the

people in our great country. IF you were any kind of man you would be out there right now helping feed the

hungry Americans, but all you can do is sit here and cry like a toddler. If you don't want them on welfare why

don't you give them a job? You kids make me sick, I have seen guts with more character

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

i just love posts like that

telling me what i am and what i should be doing and what i should be spending my money on.

i read that post that has a severe lack of character itself.

keep making assumptions of a person that you know nothing about.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

i just love posts like that

telling me what i am and what i should be doing and what i should be spending my money on.

i read that post that has a severe lack of character itself.

keep making assumptions of a person that you know nothing about.

I can tell what is in your heart, you sure aren't happy and you don't sound like you like people

Maybe you should go to a homeless shelter and meet the people who disgust you most, it

might change your life cause after you gone from this Earth the lord ain't gonna want to have

a soul like yours around. I got my home from the government half a century ago, I paid them back

hundreds of times, I employed thousands of people, if your neighbor on either side of you can benefit from

it, it ain't bad. Satan may have you now, but you can regain your soul
edit on 4-6-2011 by beefsteaktwin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I assume you are referring to PMI insurance. This is solely paid by the borrower to protect the lender. The government is not involved at all and all the responsibility lies with the borrower! In fact, the borrower pays the PMI insurance to protect the bank!
Link

reply to post by Section31

I assume that you actually mean the Community Reinvestment Act. This began under Carter, but the regulations weren't stripped until the Reagan (allowed the Federal reserve access to loans), Bush and Clinton years! This is what led to the predatory lending practices by the banks!

Once again, your argument applies to the corporate banking practices, not lack of regulation against the industry!Fact!

edit on 4-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join