It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illness Trends: Targeting the Young & Healthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm seeing quite the pattern here over the last three years or so.

Here are just a few examples from a variety of sources:

The new E-Coli Strain:
Article Headline: "Rare, toxic strain of E. coli strikes young, healthy"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Bird Flu:
Article Headline: "Young And Healthy Most Affected By H5N1"
www.terradaily.com...

Swine Flu:
Article Headline: "Swine flu appears to target the young and healthy in Mexico"
www.usatoday.com...

Super Bug:
Article Headline: "Super bug killing young and healthy"
www.abc.net.au...

I used to believe that the young and healthy were being targeted in the media so that this part of the population would succumb to getting vaccinated, but since this E.Coli outbreak, I don't know now. There's no vaccine for E. Coli, so that isn't a factor here. Same with the Super Bug and antibiotics.

It sure seems as though this is a whole new disease trend lately and what are the odds of this "young and healthy" part of the population being targeted in just the past few years?

Something certainly doesn't smell right.
Is this fear mongering? A depopulation plan?

What does everyone else think about this?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I would say that most likely these people were the "young and unhealthy" not really "the young and healthy." A lot of young people have high-risk lifestyles that expose them to all manner of germs. I ought to know. I'm one of them.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

Thanks for your input on this. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I used to live a high risk lifestyle, but luckily got out unscathed. I wish more people would wake up to this, but it's just too much "fun" I guess.

In Stephen King's short story Riding the Bullet, one of the lines I'll always remember states: What's fun is fun, and what's done is done.

The more I see the media pushing sex and a high risk lifestyle, the more I cringe. Yeah, everyone goes through their experimental stage, but you need to realize when it's time to stop rolling the dice.

You may be right about the young and UNHEALTHY getting targeted and the media misguiding folks, but I still believe there's more to this whole thing than meets the eye.

Best wishes to you!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Was riding the bullet about the guy who was driving and he died or something like that?
oh, back on topic.. my opinion is that 'young and healthy' is kind of overrated... I think older people have much stronger immune systems than given credit for. My reason is they have been exposed to more diseases so their body's are better at adapting to new illness...

As a kid i ALWAYS got sick... now that I am older I rarely do- in part to washing my hands more often and what not.. but I also think it is because I got sick so much as a child my body has built in immunities to certain diseases.. so.. I think this applies to the elderly as well.. but since they have been around longer than people who are 20+ they have a more adapted immune system.. just my theory of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
no vaccine Yet.
what beter way to get every one to have the vaccine.
than to have some thing kill lots of people.
then give them a new vaccine.
35 so far.
Not every one would have the vaccine last time.
so this time if you dont have it you die!

top topics

join