It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crysis 2: how Transhumanist and Police State agenda ruins one of my favorite series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Crysis 2 has Come out, but it turns out that like many today's games and media, blatantly pushes Transhumanist and Police State agenda where in Crysis 2, its transhumanist agenda manifests like ones in Iron Man movies: dependence on technology becomes difference between life and death as in Crysis 2, Nanosuit isn't just makes you Stronger, Faster, and Invisible. but is becomes the very thing that keeps you alive. and it's Police State agenda that this game pushes is: many of the weapons that found in Crysis 2 is mostly weaponized version of 'non-lethal' weapons like Tazer Machine Gun and Microwave Gun as well many other weapons in Crysis 2 are more boring IMO likely because their firepower is inferior to Military Grade ones in Crysis 1 as most weapons in Crysis 2 are mainly for Police and Private Military Contractor.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I can see what you're talking about. The suit was the only means of survival, and i know it's a game and I know they have a sort of artistic liberty with reality, but it seems mighty arrogant to have such "amazing" technology to save us in the same way as the nano suit.

The one thing I feel like the game got right is the human nature of greed, fighting over the value of the suit while facing an alien invasion of a major city.

Speaking of the city, the developers gave it a life of it's own and did a good job. The barricades and emergency equipment were a huge reality check though. It doesn't seem out of the question to see such equipment deployed in reality. Probably with the same result in the event of a real biological disaster.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Aren't all video gamers supposed to be transhumanist to begin with? I mean, in essence, playing video games/using computers is a transhuman act in itself. And what does a police state have to do with a gamer? Gamers are supposed to stay indoors all day, not go out in the street where they might jay-walk and get arrested. Right?
Hehe, don't get offended. I'm a gamer myself. I hope you can take a joke.

Really though, Games are supposed to represent our real world in 'abstract' ways. In case you haven't noticed, many people are "transhumanists." (I'm against this btw, we've taken technology too far as it is already, Fukushima Disaster, need I say more?) Then there's the police state issue. That's a reality. Cops use tazers. It's only natural that a video game designer would include these things in a game.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
and Transhumanists/Transhumans are far more prone to EMP or the like than any other people
edit on 4/6/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by masonicon

I can see what you're talking about. The suit was the only means of survival, and i know it's a game and I know they have a sort of artistic liberty with reality, but it seems mighty arrogant to have such "amazing" technology to save us in the same way as the nano suit.

The one thing I feel like the game got right is the human nature of greed, fighting over the value of the suit while facing an alien invasion of a major city.

Speaking of the city, the developers gave it a life of it's own and did a good job. The barricades and emergency equipment were a huge reality check though. It doesn't seem out of the question to see such equipment deployed in reality. Probably with the same result in the event of a real biological disaster.

and everytime the Nanosuit disabled, Player character can dies without getting shot

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What the hell did you expect? Aliens are taking over, the game has ALL WAYS been under illuminati/freemason control. If they made it any thing other than a police state then it would not fell like Aliens have taken over. The game has allot of keys and clues, look at all the walls, posters ect listen to the radio in the game. Look at all the in game videos. In the game (i forget what the building is called) a clock tower is ran into by a alien ship if you look to the right of the building you see 3 circular objects in the sky, at glance they look like a smudge, but when looking at it more you can tell that they wear place their. If you just started playing PC games, get used to it cause ALL major titles have some brainwashing stuff in them.
edit on 4-6-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm Never buying another Crytek game again

They haven't made a good game
since the 1st Far Cry [the far cry 2 was a complete rip too ]

But Crysis 2 totally blew chunks for every reason you
stated & more...
The weapons were weak
not to mention the wash, rinse, repeat scenarios
I can't stand these supposed next gen games
that play like a train on tracks ...it's 2011 for crying out loud

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The simplest way to defeat a transhumanist is to shut off his/her computer(s). That's the problem with transhumanists. They exist in the future but the future isn't here yet so therefore they do not exist. When you make this truth apparent by shutting off the computer(s), the transhumanist is forced to confront the truth and immediately vaporizes and vanishes from existence.
edit on 4-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
and Police State agenda in Crysis 2 makes it's arsenals wimpy when compared to the First Crysis Arsenals

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think you may be reading a little to much into the plot of a videogame.

Great game though - amazing multiplayer, although the xbox servers are rather on the laggy side.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
I'm Never buying another Crytek game again

They haven't made a good game
since the 1st Far Cry [the far cry 2 was a complete rip too ]

But Crysis 2 totally blew chunks for every reason you
stated & more...
The weapons were weak
not to mention the wash, rinse, repeat scenarios
I can't stand these supposed next gen games
that play like a train on tracks ...it's 2011 for crying out loud

Not to mention they has turned Nanosuits into High-Tech ripoff of Symbiote than becomes the very thing that keeps Crysis 2 Protagonist alive as 'zombie'(Transhumanist agenda that this game pushes), while the reason Crysis 2 has weaker arsenals is: Police State Agenda as many of it's weapons aren't military oriented

top topics

join