It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stanley Cup and World of Warcraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As Im sitting here watching the Bruins get their asses handed to them, I cant help but picture the goalie as the 'tank' and the forwards as casters, etc... The sense of team play is apparent in both circumstances. While watching the TV I am almost getting pissed off because the positions are not 'properly doing their jobs'... /gkick lucic

Hockey is just a game after all, and I would suppose that the team-play mechanics would be similar to videogames, at the very least. Goalie = tank, defenders = heals, forwards = DPS.

Then again Its saturday night and I have been drinking a bit...

Its sad, I know...

edit on 4-6-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Step away from the keyboard >.>

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I remember playing street hockey in philly,as a kid,we fought every other minute.I enjoyed it.There were no parameters.I had some of my teeth knocked out,but it was fighting against the street gangs mostly.At some point in time,I was born into the system,where it wasnt proper to fight anymore.What happened to the streetfights,it was all in good athletic fun and if you knocked a guy down,you picked him up and had concern,not like the welfare animals today.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah you're just a bit drunk.

In reality everyone on a Hocky team matters.

However in WoW, you will find that the healer+tank being skilled matters far more than any skill a DPS has.
Anyone can play a DPS, just go pew pew and move out of the fire.

But to tank or heal you actually have to have situational awareness to a far higher degree than a dps class. Healers have to not only pay attention to everything going on, they have to watch health bars and decide who needs attention first. And tanks are constantly trying to keep track of all the mobs and make sure aggro is on them.

Usually it's hard to tell if a DPS sucks or not unless you play with them many many times.

But a crappy tank or healer will ruin your run instantly and you will have to replace them. Or, you could spend 3-4hours running a silly 5man suffering with them.

Of course I'm being partly facetious because of course who doesn't play DPS classes? But when I play a healer or tank my god the dps annoy the hell out of me with their noob antics.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Tanks and healers ,are you kiding?Bobby clarke set records.Ive never heard those terms before,and I know bernie parent well.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And that, sir, is why you are a gold level contributor.
Excellent response, I thoroughly enjoyed it,

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maybe you guys should look up the watson brothers.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How about dave schultz, he threw down like nobodys business,but the women on this site want to complain about the cops instead of playing sports

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Most DD/DPS classes are idiots though. They don't know how to control their aggro or lose it if they do get it. Also, they never save the healer- it's their other job.

"hurrrdurrr look at my crits...hey...why isn't the healer healing the tank? Why is the priest dead? Why is the tank..why am i dea-"

-.-

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I tried, you chinese need to learn english for gods sake

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh, yay fellow WoW nerds. Speaking of stupid DPS, watch this and lawl.

Edit: Btw, video contains bad words. NSFW.

edit on 4-6-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wish I could go back and edit my original post, but apparently there is a time limit... /gkick lucic would be inaccurate, I just needed a name to post. The bruins goalie Thomas needs to be /gkicked... he needs to stop leaving the net chasing pucks. If he wants to attack the puck that bad, then put him on defense, and find a new goalie.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

I wish I could go back and edit my original post, but apparently there is a time limit... /gkick lucic would be inaccurate, I just needed a name to post. The bruins goalie Thomas needs to be /gkicked... he needs to stop leaving the net chasing pucks. If he wants to attack the puck that bad, then put him on defense, and find a new goalie.

Eat your words, loser!

BOSTON BRUINS WIN STANLEY CUP!

GOALIE TIM THOMAS NAMED MVP!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ferp

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I have eaten my words, foot in mouth, up to the knee, boot up my ass, you get the picture. Thomas did an amazing job goal tending in game seven. My previous comment stemmed from Thomas chasing the puck so aggresively. I was saying if he wanted to be so aggressive then put him as a forward

Again, I wish I could redact my words. I am floored by Thomas' performance tonight, I commented to my father that he has definitely earned his keep. I fully retract /gkick Thomas, in fact I would even /ginvite Thomas
, BAH enough with this WoW BS,

top topics

join