It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Last Month's Nakba Day The New Kristallnacht?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
We all know that the Kristallnacht, was the beginning of the holocaust. That was the event that changed everything for Jews in Germany. It exposed Germany as the brutal regime it was, yet while many nations condemned the actions no one stepped forth to succor the Jews. Jewish homes, shops, towns and villages were ransacked. Stormtroopers and civilians destroyed buildings with sledgehammers, leaving the streets covered in pieces of smashed windows( thus the origin of the name "Night of Broken Glass.") It is believed that 91 Jews were killed, and 30,000 Jewish men( almost 1/4 of all Jewish men in Germany) were taken to concentration camps, where they were tortured, with over 1,000 of them dying. Historians look back on that date as the beginning of "the final solution" and the first nationwide pogrom against the Jews.
Consider the events of last month's Nakba Day. 'Nakba Day' protests on Israel's borders turned violent as dozens of Syrian civilians stormed the border fence and infiltrated Israeli territory. In Lebanon protesters attempted the same.

Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah extolled the rights of Palestinians to return to their land in Israel and said he believes it will happen soon, the Lebanese Naharnet reported. "We must praise the courage and faith of all those who protested yesterday on the Lebanese and Syrian borders with occupied Palestine as well as within Palestine, those who stood with bared chests and heads high before the tyranny of the enemy army,"
"Your message was that you are determined to liberate the land, be the sacrifices precious as they are, and that the fate of (Israel) is to disappear, and no initiative, deal, or border will protect it. Your message is that your return to Palestine is a right closer to being realized now than at any time in the past," he said.

If this Nasrallah speaks for the palestinians, then can someone tell me why Israel should even consider trying to negotiate any longer? If Israel's fate is to "disappear", ie be destroyed by the palestinians, then why treat with your avowed enemy? No agreement will satisfy them.
So is this the new event that again "changes everything"? The palestinians are basically coming out and saying "no matter what we will not rest until you are destroyed".

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's the Palestinians who are being herded into smaller and smaller ghettos and exterminated at will.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

The palestinians are basically coming out and saying "no matter what we will not rest until you are destroyed".

Sorry, but I completely disagree with that statement. Actually it slightly angers me. Any investigation you may perform will lead you to the fact that it is Israel who does not seek peace. Hamas, which is deemed a terrorist organization by many of the corrupt regimes around the world, openly seek peace. Also, Hamas' demands are actually somewhat fair. Fatah also has made several attempts at peace. That being said, both Hamas and Fatah have high end officials that are corrupt, just like any other party that possesses regional power. Regardless, Israel is the entity in this situation causing the majority of the problems. It's a shame that so many people still buy into the "poor Israel" propaganda. God's chosen people my a$$!

Many of the quotes that accuse Hamas of wanting to destroy Israel are grossly mistranslated and twisted. Of course there are extremists in all groups that express their extremist views that do not convey the overall consensus of the whole group. People need to learn how to filter out all the bull crap and think outside the box. Approaching these situations with stereotypical bias will only cause you to be blinded by your own foolishness.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
It's the Palestinians who are being herded into smaller and smaller ghettos and exterminated at will.

You do know that before the 60s Palestinians never existed right? The Arabs STOLE the land from the Jews and pushed them out of their land in the first place.

That is why the Jews are pushing them off of their rightful land.

Israel has 100 times more ancient Jewish sites that are a lot older that ANY Arab one so what say you to that?

Go study ancient history and not the PC BS that the sick Satanist want you to read.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

You do know that before the 60s Palestinians never existed right? The Arabs STOLE the land from the Jews and pushed them out of their land in the first place.

Israel has 100 times more ancient Jewish sites that are a lot older that ANY Arab one so what say you to that?

Go study ancient history and not the PC BS that the sick Satanist want you to read.

Are you implying that the European practitioners of the Jewish faith should have the right to claim the land of Judea as their own?

Put religion aside, that land belongs to the Sephardi Jews which have been proven to have an established link to that land. The Arabs have more claim to that land than the post ww2 European Jews, end of story.

I wish the Jews, Muslims, Christians and all other religions and races could live in harmony in that land. But we all know the Zionists will never allow this.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

I am well versed in ancient history. The Arabs in NO WAY stole that land. But what IS a fact, is that even since the illegal partition by UN mandate, Israel has in fact continued to make illegal settlements in Gaza and the West Bank.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If the Jews want to blame anyone for "losing" Israel, they can blame the Roman Empire, not the Arabs. But it is also important to note that the Jews were not the indigenous peoples of Palestine even in antiquity. Abraham himself was from Ur in Mesopotamia, and the Jews came as conquerors of the Canaanites when they fled Egypt.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Interesting, we'll see what unfolds. However, I'm suspicious of a lot of things concerning the battles of world war 2 but I am sure of one thing, it has led to the world we are in today because now we fight Hitler-esq enemies (Gaddaffi, Hussein, Ahmad, etc), through fascism (sanctions, military power, covert operations). Sort of an enigma to think about.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Good point. I was reading a thing the other day about bloodlines, and how Fatah has been undercut by Hamas who have been acting as agitators for the the Zionists all along.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You are making rash alegations. Firstly you made the assumption that Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah (of Lebanon) speaks for the Palestinian nation. If he is the Secretary-General of Hezb' allah I don't see the connection to his statements and the beliefs of the Palestinians.

Secondly you state that this is a signal for essentially the second Holocaust. To this I can only reply with the ad-hominem attack of "are you a moron?". You are claiming that the Palestinians who are inferior in strategy, economy, statehood, diplomocy, military, power and external support will institute the second Holocaust on the Jews of the state of Israel who have superior Military capabilities, are a regional power, have superior economic capabilities, have extensive external control and are more militarised then Nazi Germany was.

If you look at the the statistics of the number of Palestinian lives lost and the the Palestinian exodus you will see that infact it would appear that the opposite is occuring (although I do not agree with that statement). Since the Israeli war of independence of 1947-1949, 711,000 Palestinians were forced from Israel. After the war they were not given the right of return or compensation by Ben Gourin and Israel, who arguably created the refugee problem. Now there is a registed 4,7 million Palestinian refugee's with UNRWA.

The recent 2008 Gaza conflict reverbarates the claim the the Palestinians are facing the second Holocaust (even though I disagree with this statement). In the 7 years prior to the Israeli invasion of Gaza 18 deaths were recorded. In the first four minutes of Israel massacare against the Gazans, 300 Palestinian civillians were killed. That more then ten-fold the amount of Palestinians killed in four minutes then the amount of Jews killed in 7 years. During the whole conflict 1400 Palestinian civillians died with many being women and children. The IDF, Israel and Israel PR justified these deaths and the bombing of over 20 hospitals in Gaza by stating that Hamas hid in basements and was using human shields. However, the IDF and Israel has provided no evidence thus far that proves these statements, therefor this justification must be discarded.

I do not agree with your premise that the Jews are facing the second Holocaust and I do not agree with the contrary premise that the Palestinians are facing the second Holocaust. What I do agree with is that in this situation Israel is the largest power broker, the most influental and powerful and the state of Israel is acting in such a manner that is detremental to peace. I also believe that stating that Israel is in a position where they are facing the second Holocaust is tarnishing the memory of the 6,000,000 Jews who died in Nazi concentration and slave labour camps. I believe that using the sad memory of the Holocaust as a justification for Israeli foreign policy is disgusting, curel and moronic.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

the Europeans stole the land of America from the natives (far more recently then the Roman forced exodus of the Jewish people who also conquered the land before the Romans did thus making them theifs according to your logic) so according to your logic every white person should leave America and leave it to the few remaining natives. Is my assumption correct? Therefor every white Australian must leave Australia and leave it to the Aboriginals, every white New Zealander must leave New Zealand to the Maori, every white Bolivian must leave Bolivia infact every white South American must leave South America and so forth. This is your logic is it not?

Justifying the illegal expansion of territory and foreign policy on the basis of Ancient history is stupid and I'm sure most will agree with me on this assumption, even the most passionate Zionists will.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Those are bazzar assumptions. Nasrallah speaks ONLY for Hezbollah, certainly not the Palestinians. There is a greator parrallel between the Israelis driving out the Palestinians then vice versus, albiet weak.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
. Jewish homes, shops, towns and villages were ransacked. Stormtroopers and civilians destroyed buildings with sledgehammers, leaving the streets covered in pieces of smashed windows( thus the origin of the name "Night of Broken Glass.")

What do you make of the Israeli `settlers` pricetag actions - which I might add are reprisals against the Palastinians in response to their disagreement with the Israeli Government.

"Destroying buildings ....." yeah with bulldozers !

It is believed that 91 Jews were killed, and 30,000 Jewish men( almost 1/4 of all Jewish men in Germany) were taken to concentration camps, where they were tortured, with over 1,000 of them dying.

How many Palestinian women, children and men get snatched off the street ..... many without any reasonable grounds and held with trail.

There are considerable elements within Palestinian society whose action I find deplorable - but to paint Israel as some kind of underdog is to be honest .... rather ridiculous .
edit on 5-6-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

join