It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Police Ordered Videographer At Gunpoint To Hand Over Phone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

in the other video the guy is telling his girl friend as he was filming the incident that the guy in the car was shooting from it , so how it took the police 2 days to find the gun is a little strange .

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Ask yourselves a question...... Where is the media in all this? Why don't they report on issues like this? Surely Americans would like to know this happens in this country so why is it not reported? Who controls them, who decides what they report?

State run media? You tell me..... This should be on the 11:00, 6:00 news for the next three days but you wont hear a word about it.

That's a very good question. Usually a local TV station or media outlet has a relationship with law enforcement. I remember a couple years ago, a TV station in my area literally sat on video evidence of police abuse for months (it was a local FOX affiliate) because they didn't want to ruin the relationship (ie, "breaking" news, etc.) they had with the police department. So much for looking out for the people! But that's the reality of it. Who knows how much video evidence of police abuse is never actually shown.

Even though it's definitely not right, it does sort of make sense on a local level, due to local TV stations competing with each other for breaking stories etc. What I find really strange is I NEVER see any police videos or news stories of wrongdoing on a national TV news level.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

I just started my first thread. It was in response to this post of yours, and in honor of you. Be free.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would be straight up FURIOUS if some pig broke my phone because I videotaped him. Is that just OK for them to do? Break people's possessions because they want to? Maybe I'm crazy, but isn't that a crime? I guess it's cool though, they're cops, they can do whatever they want because they have a piece of metal pinned to their outfit.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
this is sick. those cops should be locked up for a very very long time. i cant belive it took them 2 days to find a gun, come on there is no excuse for this

Lol it didn't take them 2 days to find the gun, it took them 2 days to find "A" gun, to put in the car.

Deebo

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well,there are those who dont believe in a police state,and those who ignore the warning signs,of whats to come. Keep eating the popcorn folks.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ya know. I would go straight to the county DA and go on trial stating that the officer tampered/destroyed evidence.
Third class felony.
Carries jail time.

It's not until we start holding people accountable that things will change.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its only going to get worse people. The economy is still crashing, people will start to lose it when they lose their comfy lifestyle / social programs are no longer funded. Just be prepared for the worst - the cops are NOT YOUR FRIENDS. They are not their to serve and protect. They are there to do the bidding of the elite.

As to this incident - nothing is going to happen. The police will protect their own - they are above the law.

Just take note of that next time you see a police officer.
edit on 5-6-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
At best, in other video and media reports it says that three officers were injured as the driver ran at them in his car. The police chief says that is deadly force. There is no mention of police being fired upon. Since the driver had stopped for some moments, and if he did not fire on them, there should be no reason to fire en masse at the car.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I would be straight up FURIOUS if some pig broke my phone because I videotaped him. Is that just OK for them to do? Break people's possessions because they want to? Maybe I'm crazy, but isn't that a crime? I guess it's cool though, they're cops, they can do whatever they want because they have a piece of metal pinned to their outfit.

That is what I am wondering... Assuming it is true, how would this not count as destruction of evidence,which is very much illegal?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I would have to agree with the corruption and shootings, but it is standard practice for the brown shirts and the SS; however, I feel compelled to point out that this is the City of Miami Beach, a different municipality, and much more filled with racist agenda pushing jack booted revenue collecting thugs that beat and kill innocent people for fun. Not to be confused with the City of Miami agenda pushing, jack booted, revenue collecting thugs, etc. With that said, I do not live in either jurisdiction, being only within the Miami-Dade county line, our agenda pushing, jack booted, revenue collecting thugs are only 50% of the force: so not as bad, some are actually normal honest people that are just trying to make a living. So only half need the "nice shiny badge, sorry about your"... [size] comment...

If anyone has any leads on any foreclosed farm/ranch in a semi-rural setting, with real public servants that abide by their oath to follow and defend the constitution, somewhere in warm sunny Florida, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm retiring in Costa Rica, in the near future, to watch from a distance as mein fuhrer and the brown shirts devastate my "homeland" and what during my childhood (once) was the greatest country on earth: so sad but I believe true.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

we can learn from this, good idea - taking the sim card out and hiding it within his person, kudos to his quick thinking

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
--------
edit on 5-6-2011 by Arsenalwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LarrofDanu

Until I see this video he recorded- I'm putting it right up there with the bin Laden killing and dumping his body overboard...

link   
reply to post by LarrofDanu

Until I see this video he recorded- I'm putting it right up there with the bin Laden killing and dumping his body overboard...

link   
reply to post by grey580

And unfortunately you would be the next tampered/destroyed piece of evidence. It seems police in general are adopting a stronger sense of the us and them mentality.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

This is MORE prevalent in the US,and many people are JUST waking up to that fact............Too bad the good LEO's,are being lumped in.

A cop pleaded guilty Friday to cracking a man in the face with his baton during an unprovoked attack in the Bronx.

Officer Marc Rios admitted to the March 30, 2009, assault that left victim John Roperto, 34, with broken bones in his cheek and nose. The 13-year veteran of the NYPD was immediately fired following his plea, prosecutors said.

The beatdown happened after Roperto was nearly run over by Rios' speeding cop car in Kingsbridge. Annoyed, Roperto slapped the car with his hand and swore at the cops.

Rios jumped out, rapped Roperto across the face with his night stick and drove off without reporting the incident.

He will be sentenced to probation as part of a plea deal with prosecutors.

LINK

Injustice EVERYWHERE

This is happening DAILY.

This isnt cop bashing either. These are criminals that are supposed to protect us "FROM" criminals.

What I would like done,is to find the underlining reason,of why so many cops are going bad. Then "try"to fix it.

edit on 5-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
One thing i've always wondered is where are all the 'good' cops making a stand? You see hundreds of videos of war veterans speaking out against their government or their military's actions... but you NEVER see good police talking about bad police. Why? Are they just ashamed? Scared of getting fired?

Either way I know there are officers out there who are sick of all the stories from bad officers that give them a bad name when they themselves are great officers. I know at least a few exist ;p as I got arrested for some STUPID crap and the cop was insanely nice to me.. why? Because I showed him respect so he showed it back. Lots of my friends would tell you the same thing about their own run-ins with the law.

But why no veteran cops speaking out?? Oh yeah their pension

edit on 5-6-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

The police
are not here
to create disorder.
The police are here
to preserve disorder.

MAYOR RICHARD DALEY

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The HTC EVO is a CDMA phone on Sprint, meaning it doesn't have a SIM card..

Not to mention a video wouldn't save to a SIM card...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join