It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants are voting in our elections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
See for yourself:

(It's an older article, but the author has some substantial credentials.)

www.thecuttingedgenews.com...

This statement, in my opinion, is the most chilling of all:

"-- In 1997, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office in Dallas were investigating voting by non-citizens. They sent a computerized tape of the names of individuals who had voted to the INS requesting a check against INS records, but the INS refused to cooperate with the criminal investigation. An INS official was quoted as saying that the INS bureaucracy did not "want to open a Pandora's Box…. If word got out that this is a substantial problem, it could tie up all sorts of manpower. There might be a few thou sand [illegal voters] in Dallas, for example, but there could be tens of thousands in places like New York, Chicago or Miami.""

And this one hits me hard, because I live in Orange County:

"-Similarly, a 1996 congressional race in California may have been stolen by non-citizen voting. Republican incumbent Bob Dornan was defending himself against a spirited challenger, Democrat Lor etta Sanchez. Sanchez won the election by just 979 votes, and Dornan contested the election in the U.S. House of Representatives. His challenge was dismissed after an investigation by the House Com mittee on Oversight and Government Reform turned up only 624 invalid votes by non-citizens who were present in the U.S. Immigration and Nat uralization Service (INS) database because they had applied for citizenship, as well as another 124 improper absentee ballots. The investigation, however, could not detect illegal aliens, who were not in the INS records."

I'll leave everyone to their own conclusions on this.

Mod Note : Posting Work Written by others

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): Please Use snippets and links for external content and provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 4-6-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod notes add external source tags

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
funny how there is absolutely nothing stopping just about anybody from coming into the country and voting for whoever they want

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This isn't all that shocking. From what I have seen from afar, neither the Democrats or the Republicans are willing to deal with the issue of illegal immigrants. Instead of doing something that would benefit everyone in the US (and ultimately, those that come to the US to provide their services) , they are more concerned about their popularity, the Latino vote, and getting re-elected.

Until real leader steps to the plate, they status quo will continue.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

The sickening thing about the whole issue is that the federal government steps on states that try to take action, and it is pretty clear from this article that the federal government is well aware of the non-citizen voting problem. You'd think "possibly tens of thousands" of non-citizen voters in major cities across the country would be cause for concern. In my opinion, looking the other way when one of our most coveted rights as citizens appears abridged is high treason.

There could be a major conspiracy in the works here. It's not exactly a secret that so-called "liberal" candidates cater to illegal immigrants. (I say "so-called" liberal because I don't believe they're genuinely out to help anyone but themselves and their big business constituency. You honestly think the healthcare bill, FHA, and similar legislation was designed to help the poor? Puh-leeaase... the major beneficiaries are big government and big business.) I think they're using illegals as tools to solidify their control over the country. After all, it's pretty easy to get someone who is desperately poor and exploited to support a candidate that offers them a chance at a better life. I can't fault the illegals for wanting a better life, but I am not prepared to see the fabric of America ripped asunder over their needs.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well if that's true how do you suppose they are voting? I would assume that someone with hardly any money and scarcely any job wouldn't be voting republican. They would be living in the south or south western US and could possibly migrant workers. Yet we see a high percentage of republicans voted into office in those areas, so what does this tell us? either voting doesn't work or this isn't happening.

just my humble opinion(jmho)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's not just non-citizens, but voter fraud that runs rampant during each and every election. As someone who makes it a point to vote when I can, it really provides strength to the theory of your vote not really counting anyways.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bengger

new york is full of illegals, Its where they can get forged documents the easiest.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Florida is too, what does this mean? Is the meaning of this original post similar to what Arizona is trying to determine? If it is why don't we make this issue obvious and say what we mean.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bengger
Well if that's true how do you suppose they are voting? I would assume that someone with hardly any money and scarcely any job wouldn't be voting republican. They would be living in the south or south western US and could possibly migrant workers. Yet we see a high percentage of republicans voted into office in those areas, so what does this tell us? either voting doesn't work or this isn't happening.

just my humble opinion(jmho)

In much of the South or Southwestern US immigrants would be much more afraid to vote due to the fact that people in those states would be much more likely to call attention to them. They're essentially in unfriendly territory. (Arizona wanted to stop them for essentially no reason, remember?) Plus, I doubt that in most parts of the US that they constitute the majority of the population. In most of Southern CA, they, and their progeny, outnumber the rest of us by a LARGE margin. Eventually they will reach concentrations where legal citizens can do nothing to stop them, and they know that. In cities like Santa Ana, CA, (which is a "sanctuary city" for illegals) there are probably MANY more non-citizens than there are citizens, and they have a slightly different attitude than the ones that you're probably used to in other parts of the country. They've gone as far as blocking streets "fighting for their rights" and generally nothing happens to them. In parts of CA, the term "invasion" really isn't a stretch-- even the student body president at my university was an illegal immigrant! I know because he OPENLY admitted it!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OK so if they are voting how does this impact us and if it doesn;t what does it matter? Maybe we aren't monitoring people who vote well enough and if this doesn't impact an election enough again what does it matter. I think as I believe the US government believes the illegal aliens bring alot of money into the government through income taxes and do not receive any benefits so this becomes a surplus. I also believe they do jobs that people do not want, regardless if they are unemployed or not, either they are too menial or do not pay enough. If as in previous posts stated that they do not impact enough I don't understand what this thread is all about other than to bash immigrants. I would like to remind all that htis country is based upon them and I for one respect and am proud of them and the work coulture they bring into our country.
Heaven forbid any one of you have to go through what they do to try and be free. I love life, I love all and god bless everyone.
JMHO

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yep, I lived in OC during that little voter fraud. Amazing that the US is one of the only 1st world countries that does not require folks to prove they are citizens in order to vote. Mexico does, so I don't see why they get in a huff whenever a state wants to make sure legitimate citizens are voting. Over 10 years I processed a lot of "Request for Taxpayer Identification Number" forms (W-7). The first ID any client from Mexico would pull out was their photo voters identification indicating that they were a citizen of Mexico and entitled to vote there.

Agreed that this isn't a Dem/Rep problem. Both parties are complicit in the fraud. Democrat politicians want the votes, Republicans want the pocket lining cash from contributors needing cheap labor. A pox on both parties.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is hardly a surprise. It's been happening for years. Any time the Progressives need a few votes to sweeten the pot, they have a steady supply of...what is it they like to call them now? Oh yes, "undocumented workers."

/TOA

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Don't worry,

you will soon have your very own national ID and won't have to worry about things like this happening in the future.

If you can't provide ID, no vote.

Yea ID

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is pretty unacceptable, but I can see this could be used to "justify" a National ID system, and I'm not for that. So this will be a fact of life so long as we continue voting, or until we completely close down the borders and have a massive martial law deportation scenario.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bengger

This is NOT an immigrant bashing thread. There isn't any SINGLE point to this thread. This is simply an issue to be aware of in the future: non-citizen voting has substantially affected at least a few elections in the United States. Regardless of what you ASSUME, there is evidence from a credible source that an election in California's 47th district was decided by non-citizen voters. I will concede that these voters were not certainly illegal immigrants, but this represents a serious problem if a large number of illegal immigrants ever find out (assuming they haven't) that there is nothing to stop them from voting. Because of the incident in Santa Ana (which is overrun with illegal immigrants), there is a very real possibility that Southern California is being taken over by nefarious (read non-democratic) interests from the inside. I'm honestly afraid that this influx of disadvantaged people is creating the type of environment that will bring someone akin to Hitler to power-- (whether he or she is Red or Blue.) Perhaps the outcome of this type of fraud fits your political agenda, I don't know, but it doesn't fit mine. All I want is for people to follow the rule of law (the constitution) in our society, and to pursue the correct avenues to change the law if they believe it is unjust. That is the only way to ensure fairness in our society-- anything else opens the door to the types of abuses we are witnessing with the banks, TSA, DHS, and other nonsensical legal contortions.

And, as a side note: Frankly, whether or not immigrants should be allowed into the United States is something FOR THE LEGAL CITIZENS to decide, not the immigrants themselves.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

We already have a national ID. It's called a social security number. It's not as though the government doesn't know who you are if you're a citizen...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Arizona had a common sense law aimed at stopping the illegals from voting. It said you had to prove you were a legal citizen before you could vote. Sounds like common sense to me, but it was struck down by the courts because it interfered with an existing Federal law that just required you to sign an affidavit stating you were a citizen.

Cross the border tonight....vote Democrat tomorrow. It's the only way many of them will stay in office.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yes undocumented workers doing jobs we don't want. I am asking all people to think about whole world issues not things this ridiculous country full of people no one really wants in office has to offer. We want a way of life where politics is not the rule, a way of life where input is accepted not ignored.

We cannot get there if we do not listen to one another and give patience and love to each other. We need to give everyone a chance to have input and as Lennon said" just give peace a chance" peace has to do with politics which has to do with illegal aliens which has to do with loving thy neighbor!

I love all of you, please love one another.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bengger
OK so if they are voting how does this impact us and if it doesn;t what does it matter? Maybe we aren't monitoring people who vote well enough and if this doesn't impact an election enough again what does it matter. I think as I believe the US government believes the illegal aliens bring alot of money into the government through income taxes and do not receive any benefits so this becomes a surplus. I also believe they do jobs that people do not want, regardless if they are unemployed or not, either they are too menial or do not pay enough. If as in previous posts stated that they do not impact enough I don't understand what this thread is all about other than to bash immigrants. I would like to remind all that htis country is based upon them and I for one respect and am proud of them and the work coulture they bring into our country.
Heaven forbid any one of you have to go through what they do to try and be free. I love life, I love all and god bless everyone.
JMHO

It costs us billions of dollars for illegals and their schooling, welfare, medical etc. Illegals also displace millions of citizens in the workforce. I cannot believe that you or anyone else still believes that these illegals are only doing work that citizens won't. Every time ICE deports illegals, legal citizens quickly fill those positions.This has been proven over and over again. This Country is based on immigrants NOT illegal immigrnats who steal identities, and use false documents to get what they want. They have no business taking jobs away from citizens. They have no right to vote!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
NOt news news..sad to say. what the hell! why not put voting booths over in russia, or zimbabwe, saudi arabia, Thailind and china! and let them too vote on the next up n coming presidential scandal to tkae the white house*
i bet this is some knida proof, ever since voting booths went digital few years ago..thier was evidnce as obama was running, palin, paul, and mcckain, the numbers were skewed* i find it odd* nowadays, our government here would allow illegal aliens to vote* but for some odd reason, an american citizen homeless person would be ushered out the voting booths*
back in the day, immigrants, perticularly IReland, after the cviil war and during, were given citizenship just as they came off the boat* and on the spot, were drafted into the US army, given ammo boots rifle and battlecloths. all so a mayor could get votes* here we are today, and its basically still the same tactic..only central n south america, not Europe. so one must wonder...is this manner actually typical and basic practice america has been doing? its wrong* as long as their illegal aliens* the word Illegal* is enough said. INS dosnt want to get involved...i know, at least for me, cause past 6-7 years, at work, we have a few illegal troublemakers. i emailed INS 2 times, and got all knids of beurocratic nonsense. i had asked in an email, about reporting, is my name gunna ue used ect...ide have to drive to whats reffered to a local office some 80 miles from me IN person, file paperwork and report, and risk being terminated at work for doing the legal thing* its a large phmaracutical retail store. of course i could sue back, but their corporate....theyve gained enough power to turn things around on you, prob pay off judges, sick things like that. thats what they do at the corporate level...thier thier own world up thier with NO employee relation skill.
If you google in INS, which ive done a fewt imes, if you look, at least for my state CT...thiers adds all over , promoting lawyers for illegal alines, citizenship, things like that. so dont suprise me INS would turn its back. saying it would cause loss of manpower ect ect thats bulls*&^t and you all know it* the lawmakers have been busy, making us a 3rd world country by MODERN day examples....i got nothing agisnt illegal alines, to an extent..but in a system that hands them everything, and im paying for it, and can go to jail for not paying one years IRS ripp-off hand picked I owe them now, and an illegal has been doing it for god knows how long..in the ssytem we ar curretnly in it hurts ME and you. if they can do it so can I then*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join