It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Radiation Jumps To Record Levels, As Tepco Warns That Heavy Rain Will Cause Toxic Pools To

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Source

Today Tepco announced radiation readings of up to 4,000 millisieverts per hour at reactor No. 1 -- the highest air radiation yet at that reactor, according to Japan Times.
This follows video of steam rising from the reactor floor.

Tepco also warned that pools of radioactive water will overflow by June 20 or sooner if there is heavy rain.

There are heavy rains on the way, and as we all know the reporting has been less than accurate, the consequences of this disaster are about to really get HOT there are many compounding problems effecting all the reactors at the plant and I feel a chain reaction of events turning this nuclear disaster into a much larger and wider problem,

I fear most for china and all of the pacific, we cant just bury radiation in the ocean like all the oil and plastic we dump now, this will be a problem for a long time just another for our kids to solve.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
just another for our kids to solve.

you hit it why nobody cares...start the revolution, NOW!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
irony

I do find it "ironic" that the baby boomer generation,, i'm 55 ,, just missed ,,the "flower child", jane fonda, stop vietnam , enviroment loving, establishment hating, free sex, Ban the Bomb, expand one's being and be one with the universe, remember the "Desorata",, everything unfolliding as it should,, Generation,,,,,
destroyed the Gulf of Mexico and it's Coast-line,, the Pacific Ocean, with radioactive contamination,, and the Stock Market with pure greed.

Ironic.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Read the recap of Fukushima events and dangers at this excellent site:
www.chrismartenson.com...
At worst, I think this is going to poison huindreds of millions if ot more, and will forever change the landscape of the planet we call Earth. More radiation has escaped from Fukushima by now than all the nuclear tests and chernobyl combined. Hot particles are measured as far away as Seattle. That means one person was measured in Aprils to inhale on the average four hot particles. Any of those four can cause local radiation within your body, mostly likely cancer.
We'll have a lot of operations and chemo next year ... but apart from health fads like miso and seaweed (the sea again) how are you getting rid of a cesium particle that has been inhaled or drunk and it's in your body? I guess we should just ask out cells to stop the war and excrete all harmful particles. Sounds pretty fantastic though.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
From an interview with nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen, who's claiming Fukushima is worse than Chernobyl:

"Exclusive Arnie Gundersen Interview: The Dangers of Fukushima Are Worse and Longer-lived Than We Think"

Arnie Gundersen: Well, this event is – I have said it's worse than Chernobyl and I’ll stand by that. There was an enormous amount of radiation given out in the first two to three weeks of the event. And add the wind and blowing in-land. This could be – it could very well have brought the nation of Japan to its knees, I mean there is so much contamination that luckily wound up in the Pacific Ocean as compared to across the nation of Japan. It could have cut Japan in half. But now the winds have turned, so they are heading to the south toward Tokyo and now my concern and my advice to friends that if there is a severe aftershock and the Unit 4 building collapses, leave. We are well beyond where any science has ever gone at that point and nuclear fuel lying on the ground and getting hot is not a condition that anyone has ever analyzed.

EX-SKF blog

Same as post above - beat me to it!

edit on 4-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

irony

I do find it "ironic" that the baby boomer generation,, i'm 55 ,, just missed ,,the "flower child", jane fonda, stop vietnam , enviroment loving, establishment hating, free sex, Ban the Bomb, expand one's being and be one with the universe, remember the "Desorata",, everything unfolliding as it should,, Generation,,,,,
destroyed the Gulf of Mexico and it's Coast-line,, the Pacific Ocean, with radioactive contamination,, and the Stock Market with pure greed.

Ironic.

those generations never survived.

anyone for peace or banning the bomb was ridiculed into non existence through the media's mockery. just like today it's cool to sing about being a money grubbing self worthless piece of meat.

new topics

top topics

join