It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Sociological Exepriment: Escalator vs Stairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I searched and I am suprised this has not been posted. Also, don't know the appropriate forum, apologies in advance. With that out of the way...

Here is an experiment in attempting people to exercise more by using the stairs instead of the escalator (as an example). Simply make it fun. I understand it is produced by a car company and this is a marketing product, but I liked the reactions of the people. Also, could this be a start of a new trend in advertising where once you step on a “plate” a video or song or something plays on screens built into the ground? Neat idea overall though. Not much on the heavy-brain matter side, just something I thought came across well...anyone know more about it?

Escalator vs Stairs

Hope everyone is having an amazing Saturday!

ColoradoJens
edit on 4-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
that was amusing...I have Always used the stairs...no matter even if its many flights...I chosse to stay fit..so its a no brainer for me!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How about just turn off the escalator. And give people electric shocks for not running up them fast enough. But to compromise play some classical music while doing it. Maybe "flight of the bumblebee" would be appropriate.

Fun is over-rated. Bullying violence is often cheaper and give psychopaths a chance at gainful employment.

Win Win.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I almost always use the stairs except in cases when I have walked for like 4 hours.

Waiting the mob that is piling up on the escalator is so... uhm depressing to say the least.

+ I am fast walker so the escalator only slows me down.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I hate escalators and there are places where they don't have regular stairs!

You just have to wait and squeeze yourself in and be pushed around. Besides, it takes me much longer to ride the escalator than climbing the stairs

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerrylee
that was amusing...I have Always used the stairs...no matter even if its many flights...I chosse to stay fit..so its a no brainer for me!

I take the stairs sometimes because it seems like it would be faster than going all the way to the elevator, but that is not the case from time to time.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I enjoyed it, in spite of my s-l-o-w DSL. What an enjoyable experiment. S&F.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
How about just turn off the escalator. And give people electric shocks for not running up them fast enough. But to compromise play some classical music while doing it. Maybe "flight of the bumblebee" would be appropriate.

Fun is over-rated. Bullying violence is often cheaper and give psychopaths a chance at gainful employment.

Win Win.

thedeadtruth, I am laughing. But no, Fun isn't overrated! It rocks! And someone burned 1 calorie more than ususal that day.

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny
I enjoyed it, in spite of my s-l-o-w DSL. What an enjoyable experiment. S&F.

Thanks for that czygyny! I thought it was kinda kool too.

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomy
I almost always use the stairs except in cases when I have walked for like 4 hours.

Waiting the mob that is piling up on the escalator is so... uhm depressing to say the least.

+ I am fast walker so the escalator only slows me down.

Me too...I like going as fast as I can...habit from NYC...

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join