It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance flash mob at Jefferson Memorial, June 4, 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Wake up..............who do you think now owns our government and many of the world's governments?

Hint: read my location.

Our government for the people and by the people is a illusion, we the people were sold out long ago.

Would you care to back up that claim with actualy proof please.

Proof in itself!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Great documentary - "Corporation Nation" will answer all that for you.
Extremely informative as to how local municipality corporations, state corporations, and the Corporation of the Federal US Govt. (of which the former as simply subsidiaries) hold most preferred (vs. common) stock thats out there - they/it are the owners of these corporations. Also goes into how a community facing a yearly 48 million deficit, and therefore intend to raise taxes to cover the overspending, yet, in their investment portfolio, of which the 8% of total investments that are in cash reserves was well over $450 million.
Cognitive dissonance comes to mind.
When it comes to Power, be it in Govt. or the Corporate environment, there seems to be a revolving door - serve one for a while to further the agenda, move to the other for the same, then back again, and making out like bandits the whole time.
Cheney & Rumsfeld are two prime examples, but there are many, many, many more.

edit on 6/5/2011 by ISeeTheFnords because: more to add

edit on 6/5/2011 by ISeeTheFnords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Perhaps you should read up on why they were dancing.

They were effectively demonstrating (according to a judge).

So using first amendment rights is repulsive, annoying, and bad form . . . . because it might disturb the peace.

What would Thomas Jefferson say to that?

well he would say you have the right to peaceably assemble. But he sure as he** would not tell you that you wernt allowed speak your mind or flip someone off or move your body like you were having a seizure he would also not tell you that you where not allowed to demonstrate. So was the boston tea party disturbing the peice or was it a demonstration or decleration if you will? Your arguement is a repulsive twisting of the meaning of desturbing the peace this country is great and I hope that the people can keep it that way if you dont want freedom their are other places you could live besides america just sayin.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This was awesome

So much negativity in the world and it's good to see this.

I went to a Korean Memorial the other day in the city that is attached to a large park where children play and families picnic. They play music, skate, etc. It's a beautiful place too, and a good way to teach the kids about the Korean war and the Vets on the memorial wall. I watched a few families walk over with their children and look at it for awhile.

Really what better way to keep their memories alive, rather than closing it off and making it a depressing place to be. There's much warmth around the area and happiness. Life goes on, period. We just never forget their sacrifice.

Did not seem disrespectful in any way and I still don't see how dancing in the Jefferson memorial is wrong either. I can't speak for a dead man but I kind of think Thomas Jefferson would appreciate people expressing their freedom. Not everyone is going to like it or agree, but that's how it is. I don't see the need to close it off and be absolutely silent there, and at the same time, still maintain a level of respect. Like not trashing the place.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by Annee

what if dancing is your form of reverence? Is body slamming a form of reverence? Shouldn't that be outlawed in the name of reverence?

There are places you can dance.

It does not have to be this specific place - - - where I'd guess majority don't think of Slam Dancing as reverent behavior.

Go somewhere that allows Slam Dancing for reverence. I doubt those who want solemn reverence - - will be infringing on your place.

Its a big country - - you have choices.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

liez their used to be places you could drink and smoke cigs all over now in some states you cannot because the ones that dont smoke decided that they can come in to your biz. (bar) and tell you that you cant smoke in your own place of biz that you own. they sure infrenged on my place then and seem to have gotten away with it what makes you think it wont happen again. today its the memorial tomorrow its any public street that has a name then soon to follow any that have numbers. whats this i hear about freedom of speach zones set up that is totally wrong your right to freedom of speach or any of the others are inalienable anywhere you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join