It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance flash mob at Jefferson Memorial, June 4, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I love people getting together to perpetrate random, joyous outbreaks of song and dance in public places and don't find anything at all alarming about them either as a hobby or as way to make a peaceful statement, surprise people, make them smile. No harm, no foul.

And it's very, very sad how this had to be so controlled and tempered or that anyone even thinks it needs to be. People need to lighten up about life. Including the damn "government." And that's the point.
edit on 6/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

That says it all. Who would 20-30 years ago would ever think that we would have to get the news and our voice out through a Russian News Program. In order to tell our story about losing our democracy.

That's exactly what I was thinking. You know something is wrong when the same country the U.S. was attacking for a lack of freedom and government controlled media is now giving us information we can't get from our own "government controlled" media. Who is suppressing freedoms now?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

The term "Freedom Dancers" is really a good one. Back in the 1960s Freedom Riders and Freedom Singers were popular terms for what some people in the civil rights movement were doing, and today's Freedom Dancers can enlarge the scope of what people can do to win back liberty from control freaks. Dance, dance like you've never danced before (the third Holy Rule of Uncyclopedia).

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Yeah. They failed hard, IMO.

Why did they leave?

They just gave in.

Kinda sad.

The king asked nicely three times, and so the American Revolutionaries laid down their arms and went back to being subjects?

The whites asked nicely three times, and so the blacks went back to segregation?

WTF is wrong with people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Not that I agree with it in all circumstances, but after a dispersal order is given, anyone that fails to obey can be arrested. I think the mob got the point across, especially with all the cameras and youtube to spread the message. Its not worth the jail time, tear gas, tasers and rubber bullets at that point.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I saw this and just had to post my favorite commercial dealing with flash mobs... I crack up everytime I see it

Thought you'd appreciate this, too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Epic beginning. The "dancing" was hilarious. Noone had music. Just random stuff and everyone doing their own thing. Looked like a bunch of zombies having a seizure. Then Adam went on to yell whatever he did and that was kind overboard. Not to mention that they should've just body slammed the cops for interfering with them.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I love this !

Now, all the Americans need to do, is increase the number of people by tens of millions and change the location to the white house

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Star and flag! This made me smile. The younger kids and a some adults are finally getting it. When people come together they are powerful. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have been to the Jefferson Memorial once and it was a most awesome experience...very few people were there, I had the opportunity to read the inscriptions in peace and was very inspired. It is my favorite of all the monuments in DC. To think that there are people who travel thousands of miles to experience that might be interrupted by these Yahoos acting like idiots is repulsive. I am all for freedom...but all the founding fathers were adamant that such freedom comes with grave responsibility.

Irresponsible, mindless flaunting of bad behavior is not a celebration of freedom. It is a confusion of chaos over freedom.

If those people ruined my visit to the memorial, I would be grateful the officers had moved them out.

Decorum is a responsibility of a free and civil society.

ps: Ironically I home school my daughter so she can pursue 20 hrs a week in Dance! I love joyous self expression and freedom.[edit by]edit on 6/5/2011 by Missing Blue Sky because: post script

edit on 6/5/2011 by Missing Blue Sky because: spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good to see at least one thread gaining momentum on this issue, although mine was first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well It already seems they're settin a precedent for infringing on oour right to dance...Philadelphia you have shamed the nation.

Story Here

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

That is like saying nothing should have happened after the Boston Tea Party.

They got the point across

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I kind of like the Hammer Time Flash mob myself.

There are several different ones at different locations - - same people - - same day.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

I'd pay $100 to watch this go down at the Jefferson Memorial.

YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS!

So Annee gets a star.
and the thread gets a flag.

To the above poster who thought this was shameful, I would like to point out that the Constitution gives Americans the right to "peaceably assemble,' and gives NO restrictions as to the location. I think Jefferson is smiling at this from the great beyond.
edit on 6/5/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Perhaps you should read up on why they were dancing.

They were effectively demonstrating (according to a judge).

So using first amendment rights is repulsive, annoying, and bad form . . . . because it might disturb the peace.

What would Thomas Jefferson say to that?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I love people getting together to perpetrate random, joyous outbreaks of song and dance in public places and don't find anything at all alarming about them either as a hobby or as way to make a peaceful statement, surprise people, make them smile. No harm, no foul.

I think they're funny and could be innocent too.

Unfortunately - that is not the case. There is always those who have to Push for More - - take advantage - vandalize - and whatever else an opportunity like this affords.

Kind of sad - there is always someone who ruins it for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
I have been to the Jefferson Memorial once and it was a most awesome experience...very few people were there, I had the opportunity to read the inscriptions in peace and was very inspired. It is my favorite of all the monuments in DC. To think that there are people who travel thousands of miles to experience that might be interrupted by these Yahoos acting like idiots is repulsive. I am all for freedom...but all the founding fathers were adamant that such freedom comes with grave responsibility.

YES! Exactly.

This childish self-entitlement refuses to accept - that they are infringing on the rights of others.

There's no point of political activism here. The government is not outlawing dancing - - its respecting a specific memorial site for reverence. Which I completely agree with.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

what if dancing is your form of reverence? Is body slamming a form of reverence? Shouldn't that be outlawed in the name of reverence?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
To the above poster who thought this was shameful, I would like to point out that the Constitution gives Americans the right to "peaceably assemble,' and gives NO restrictions as to the location. I think Jefferson is smiling at this from the great beyond.

While I personally think these Flash Mobs are funny.

I also support the right of the government to keep a memorial solemn and peaceful.

I see no real political point on this issue. I see childish behavior of someone being told NO - - and can't accept being told NO.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
ok, are everybodies panties all straightened out now ? can the memorial go back to being a memorial now ? something tells me these wahoos are drunk on publicity now and we'll see a lincoln memorial dance in a few days

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by Annee

what if dancing is your form of reverence? Is body slamming a form of reverence? Shouldn't that be outlawed in the name of reverence?

There are places you can dance.

It does not have to be this specific place - - - where I'd guess majority don't think of Slam Dancing as reverent behavior.

Go somewhere that allows Slam Dancing for reverence. I doubt those who want solemn reverence - - will be infringing on your place.

Its a big country - - you have choices.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join