It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance flash mob at Jefferson Memorial, June 4, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Dancing protesters return to Jefferson Memorial

WASHINGTON - US Park Police closed a portion of the Jefferson Memorial after 50 people began to dance around the statue Saturday. The dancers protested a recent court decision to uphold a ban on dancing at the memorial. "The people are rising up," one person shouted.

Source

Yay the video of the dance flash mob

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's really sad, but those people CAN'T dance!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.nbcwashington.com...

Look at all those people!

Another Flashmob Getting Footloose at Jefferson Memorial
No arrests this time around.

Authorities gave the stragglers three warnings to leave the rotunda. They reported that after the final request to leave, all of the dancers had cleared the interior of the memorial.

Well isn't that mighty nice of them. They gave them 3 warnings this time instead of just tackling them down outta nowhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Was that Police Officer saying "Toe the Line?"

Or did I misunderstand?

Yep! Dancing with the Stars has nothing to worry about here,,,, but I think that this will go down in history as the day the Freedom Dancers took back Washington. Go Freedom Dancers, Go!!

But seriously,,, was he saying "Toe The Line?''

Maybe,, not,, but sounded like it to me,,,,, Anyone Else.?

The Answer of our "Rulers"

Toe the Line

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So they got their freedom? That took control of the Government?

Yeah, for 3 minutes. Impressive.

I just couldn't help but think about the 60's and how we've been saying power to the people for upwards of 50 years now. Nothing has changed.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is just mind boggling. SCOTUS decides what our demeanor
should be when visiting a statue, for pete's sake. Solemn contemplation.
indeed! We are becoming more and more like China everyday. This
is scary.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Whoa baby.....I like it, I love it. I want more of it.

Yes, this is what there needs to be more of.

If I should die fighting for yours and my rights I will die with honor and dignity.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

That says it all. Who would 20-30 years ago would ever think that we would have to get the news and our voice out through a Russian News Program. In order to tell our story about losing our democracy. That is totally a sad day fpr all the people of the world who have looked to this country to help them in these exact types of situations. Its not the end of the US. It is quieting the voices of this world yearning to be free.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
See what kind of stupid things can be accomplished when idiots group together. Wheres a drunk driver plowing thru crowds when you need one. No wonder the world doesnt take Americans seriously! Thank you disney channel for taking our people down to the next level.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I noticed in order for them to enforce their demeanor laws this time they had brought in the swat team to help the park police. It would have been interesting to know how many were in hiding and with what equipment in case something went down. I can't hel[ but notice that they are always shutting it down when things get a little out of their control Don't they have regular hours?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
S&F! I am a big fan of what Adam is doing. Awesome vid. Thanks for posting this. It makes me proud to be American when I see people standing up for their rights. I hope this civil disobedience catches on everywhere!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If they were dancing while waving their guns & rifles in the air, I'd have said GOOD ON YA!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Looks a lot like a bad circus side show, the kind you see after you bought a ticket and once you see it realize you've been ripped off.

The restraint shown by the enforcers is commendable, too bad they didn't handle it this way before.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Looks a lot like a bad circus side show, the kind you see after you bought a ticket and once you see it realize you've been ripped off.

The restraint shown by the enforcers is commendable, too bad they didn't handle it this way before.

Had they been able to hire DJ's and port a full bar this would've turned into a party even TJ couldn't pass up!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"dance dance revoloution" pricless
lol i like how the dancer added on the back of his tee "NO SLAM DANCEING"
turns out Adam and friends can pull a small crowd ,good for him.. No good for america!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Something about the guys that organize these flash mobs strikes me as odd. I feel like they're just seeing how many people they can get to follow their instructions. I could be nuts, but still, something doesn't seem right...

I mean the whole police state thing is scary, but so is the prospect that thousands of people can be mobilized for something so esoteric with a few clicks of a mouse. Not that I'd urge legislation infringing people's freedom of assembly, I'd just urge people to be wary of these "flash mobs" especially in light of what has happened in Egypt and elsewhere. Mobs are sheeple mentality at its finest.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I kind of like the Hammer Time Flash mob myself.

There are several different ones at different locations - - same people - - same day.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
www.nbcwashington.com...

Look at all those people!

Another Flashmob Getting Footloose at Jefferson Memorial
No arrests this time around.

Authorities gave the stragglers three warnings to leave the rotunda. They reported that after the final request to leave, all of the dancers had cleared the interior of the memorial.

Well isn't that mighty nice of them. They gave them 3 warnings this time instead of just tackling them down outta nowhere.

They were given warnings last time as well. The short video is not the entire video. There is a longer version floating around on ATS that shows what was going on prior to the moron resisting arrest and being tackled to the ground.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yeah. They failed hard, IMO.

Why did they leave?

They just gave in.

Kinda sad.

The king asked nicely three times, and so the American Revolutionaries laid down their arms and went back to being subjects?

The whites asked nicely three times, and so the blacks went back to segregation?

WTF is wrong with people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What?!? No strong arm tactics by the police?!? They had clearly defied the court order! It could be that we out number them and they know it. Any attempt at strong arm tactics would bring a thousand times more people next time, then they would be FUBAR. The officials need to realize that the people outnumber them, Ceaser forgot that little tidbit and it didn't work out too well for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join