It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My huge blu-ray wishlist / suggestions - sci-fi fantasy + fresh trailers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this is the order I will present my wishlist of cool blu-ray sci-fi/fantasy movies

s&f if you like and add more of your own, and feel free to comment on mine

Enjoy

Alien blu ray anthology

Superman Blu-ray Anthology

Starwars the complete saga blu-ray

A space odyssey 2001 blu-ray

A.I blu-ray

Close Encounters of the third kind blu-ray

Event Horizon blu-ray

Gremlins blu-ray

Lord of the Rings blu-ray

Blade Runner blu-ray

Alien blu ray anthology

Superman Blu-ray Anthology

Starwars the complete saga blu-ray

A space odyssey 2001 blu-ray

A.I blu-ray

Close Encounters of the third kind blu-ray

Event Horizon blu-ray

Gremlins blu-ray

Lord of the Rings blu-ray

Blade Runner blu-ray

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First off your gonna have to convince the public at large that switching over to proprietary blu ray is better than dvd.
Sure blue ray is better but not by much.
It is like beta or vhs, some folks still liked beta better.
Or dvd vs vhs, dvd was leaps and bounds better than vhs, so that was a no brainer.
In my opinion the difference between the two is ehh.
And the extra 10 or 15 bucks just isn't worth it.
I'll keep my old dvd for now until the next "new" technology coomes out.
Probably just digital download.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah I'm not a big fan of HD movies either. I'm not saying it's not better, but after 5 minutes in a good movie you can't really tell the difference unless you specifically think about it. Anyway!

Really good selection, very mainstream although. I would have made a couple suggestions but one I could make, is the movie Equilibrium. It's not B side or anything but its not speilberg and such.

It's a movie where people in the future take pills to not feel any emotion and the law obligates you to and everything that has to do with art is punishable by death. Then one man, decides to stop to take the pills and reads books in secret...

It's got great action too, a must see!

edit on 4-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

blu-ray got the capability to have 5 times better picture quility then the old dvd format...

cant see a difference ? then I sugest you to get glasses.. the first time I saw a movie in 1080p.. I had a eyegasm
well anyway, this rant is alittle off topic.. it was suposed to be about some cool blu-ray movies.. blu-ray simple because its better image quility and sound quility

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nice wishlist ... especially Star Wars. Think that's coming out in September on our side of the pond.

When the high-def format war was on the go, I chose HD-DVD and not Blu Ray. Both the players & titles were less expensive than their Blu Ray equivalents, plus my Bro had an HD-DVD player for his Xbox. Sadly HD-DVD lost that particular format war (why ?)

But I've managed to acquire nearly 600 HD-DVD titles, often for as little as £2-£3. Combine that with over 1,200 dvd titles and I think I've got more than enough to keep me going.That being said, I've taken the plunge with Blu Ray ... but there's no difference at all with HD-DVD that I can see, plus the titles are still really expensive.

Sad thing is most are only watched once & put back in the cupboard, never to see the light of day again. Such a waste of money I suppose but if you shop around carefully you can often buy the title as cheap as renting from Blockbuster

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ooohhh I like your list! Great picks! Might I suggest the movie Akira? It's cool if your not into Anime, but beleive me I am not that big on it either. But never the less, if you enjoy great sci-fi, almost (hehe) plausible storylines about secret government projects, and mind-blowing animation that puts todays standards to shame then by all means get it!

new topics

top topics

join