It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fails to exclude God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

All religion yes Not God because it's obvious there is one

If it were obvious, there'd be objective evidence...but there is NONE! So you can't really call it obvious. If it makes you happy, you can grasp at straws and claim god changed facts on purpose to disguise his existence

And you can't really talk about logic when talking about your belief...as it's CLEARLY not based on logic

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by randyvs

All religion yes Not God because it's obvious there is one

If it were obvious, there'd be objective evidence...but there is NONE! So you can't really call it obvious. If it makes you happy, you can grasp at straws and claim god changed facts on purpose to disguise his existence

And you can't really talk about logic when talking about your belief...as it's CLEARLY not based on logic

Again X that's what this thread is about . The fact that science is doing more to show he does exist then it is to show he doesn't. Did you watch the video ?

And again I blame my determination on Sirnex it's all his fault.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nothing in the video's objective evidence!! Again, you really can't claim something is obvious if it isn't supported by facts

And you know I won't keep quiet until you provide facts

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a lot nicer in arguing that there's zero facts supporting god's existence than I am when it comes to that super-crazy 2012 timewave hogwash. Those guys are pretty much shooting a barn door from 2m away, and then paint a bullseye around where they hit the most...complete and utter lunatics. I might even have to take a break from the creationist forum and head over to the 2012 forum. Just hesitant because it might get me banned because all I wanna post is "you can't seriously be that dumb" over and over again

edit on 7-6-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Science also fails to include God.

Checkmate.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's not my wish to silence you X . For crips sakes what would the flowers do without rain? The bees without pollen ? Most men without women ?
No these boards wouldn't be as fun without you X.
edit on 7-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Elsek

Science also fails to include God. Checkmate.

Ahh Just that easy huh?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well basically yes. It refutes your entire argument.

Science is ever-changing, ever-evolving, and revolutionizing the world we live in today.

Just because science doesnt exclude the existence of God doesnt mean it/he/she exists.

Just because science doesnt exclude the existence of Bigfoot, doesnt mean it/he/she exists.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

What did you think of the vid I provided? In fact both of the vids?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Elsek

What did you think of the vid I provided? In fact both of the vids?

And X

If the shroud isn't getting extremely close to objective evidence thru science it self. Then there will never be any evidence short of Godsmacking you in the face.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Even if there was 100% irrefutable evidence Jesus existed...it still doesn't prove the "miracles" are true, or that god exists.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Even if there was 100% irrefutable evidence Jesus existed...it still doesn't prove the "miracles" are true, or that god exists.

Well then congrdulations X. You're more impossible than God.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh the good ol' Shroud of Turin. A very controversial subject and one that science has not been able to prove or disprove. All I can say is that your welcome to base all your beliefs based off a linen cloth. Seems reasonable enough to me.

But like I said previously just because science doesnt exclude something doesnt mean its true.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Well then congrdulations X. You're more impossible than God.

How so? You have evidence I exist because clearly I post and respond to posts. The same can't be said about god, since there's zero objective evidence supporting the claim he exists

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ahh But I never said it's impossiuble you exist? You're just fricken impossible. Don't be coy.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
REGARDLESS of what science fails to exclude or include one fact does remain.

In 2000 years NO ONE has proved there is a god.

TO me that is all the proof I need to exclude god from my life.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Actually your a bit faulty in your argument bud (even though Im on ya side
). Theres no way of knowing who you are. You could for all we know be God, and we have no evidence that you exist.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
REGARDLESS of what science fails to exclude or include one fact does remain.

In 2000 years NO ONE has proved there is a god.

TO me that is all the proof I need to exclude god from my life.

God left things the way he did for a reason. Because he wants us to believe by faith. That way only the ones who think clearly will be trusted with the powers and gifts that await the believers. So It's up to God really when
every knee bows and every tongue confesses not up to me. That's for sure.

Elsek

Actually your a bit faulty in your argument bud (even though Im on ya side ). Theres no way of knowing who you are. You could for all we know be God, and we have no evidence that you exist.

That's the same with my arguement that science is flawed by its very premise of being the study of observable phenomena. No one has observed our brains either. Yours or mine, so I guess we don't have any brains.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I have to wonder why this is such an obsession with some scientists ? They seem driven/determined that religion
steps on the toes of science. No matter how many times, in how many ways, they are reminded that God is not
responsible for religion. Religion being from man, Christ being of the Father. Not of this world. I have no problem
with religion being excluded from society. But only if all religion is excluded. Satan worship being amoung them.
However to exclude God ? That doesn't have to be a result of excluding religion.

Yet scientists persist and many go off the deep end to endeavor, that God doesn't exist at all. I think that is an
extrordinary claim. I believe anyone making such a claim must first possess full knowledge of the universe.
With out it, how can one decide what does and does not exist ? Also if one possessed full knowledge of the
universe ? Wouldn't that make one God or a God ? In essence to claim God does not exist, is to claim
one is God himself. God does not exist ! = I am God.

So science from many directions, is desperate to prove God does not exist and should never be considered
apart of any equasion. Scientists fail to notice that when one excludes God it can't stop there. Even in many debates right here on ATS, I've seen things like love, the soul, Jesus Christ get tossed aside as well. For every action there is a reaction. If you eliminate God ? It automatically sets off a chain reaction of eliminations, that can't lead to anything good at all. One must keep eliminating things until there is nothing left.

If we look at this from an ontological view ? We must all agree that to exist is greater than to non-exist. Logically ? To follow the rules of procession ? There must be a greater and even greatest existence. Gods existence is simply THE greatest existence. In fact there simply must be an existence that owns existence. An existence that owns everthing, including you and I. Bob Dylan said sometime ago, "you gotta serve someone" ! I would rather serve a benevolent, all knowing, righteous, all powerful, loving God. Who is the creator and master of all. Giving over to him all rights reserved as should be expected of any Creator creation relationship.( If I create something it is part of me and I automatically own it ).

Rather than to serve some wicked cabal, of super elite beings, human, reptillean or whatever it is they call
themselves, Gods ? That believe the rest of us, are like a bunch of cattle for them to devour, in any fashion they see fit. When God says all men are created equal ? This is what he meant ? Not that there wouldn't be birth defects as a result of our going our own way and living evil lives. If you aren't one who looks for these types of ignorant conclusions to chastise the word of God with? Then I suggest that you not listen and/or go along with those that do. They are simply at war with our heavenly Father, for whatever assinine reason. I would rather serve my rightful Creator.( Faith in the one that ceated us) Then another of his creations who decided foolishly to rebel out of his own vanity and pride.

Scientists! Everytime science trys to prove, or makes this extrordinary claim ? They are in the service of someone. And how far have they come really? Have they come any closer to proving anything about the existance of God being a negative? Some results instead of huffy puffy whinning, that God is a stumbling stone
for them, everytime they pick up a petri dish? I have some results right here from a recent work by Gallup that suggest they aren't convincing anyone. A whopping 92% of those Americans polled said they believe in a higher power, God. I also noticed the percentage matches two ealier studies. One from 2004 and one from 2008.

Who can blame them ? When the odds of just one protein molecule, coming together on it's own, are 10(300). That' s the number 10 with 300 zeros after it by the way. Mathematics considers anything beyond 10(50) impossible. That's an immpossibility plus five. That a protein molecule just farted itself together.As Sagan
himself has declared "evolution can only be the result of many deaths in a violent universe". How many times
did this six fold immpossibility have to occur before it took hold ? Many scientists use many avenues trying to prove or at least to make us believe God is a myth. Yet Science and technology, at the same time are bringing us ever closer to realising, something even bigger than science and technology is going on.

I'm o the notion science goes nowhere without God.

edit on 4-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Everytime i see a creationist spew this out i laugh, read this : www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Can you briefly tell us what it proves?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Briefly? It proves that the statement "the odds of just one protein molecule coming together on its own is 1 in 10^300" is completely untrue. If you want to know why, read the page yourself.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
reply to post by randyvs

Briefly? It proves that the statement "the odds of just one protein molecule coming together on its own is 1 in 10^300" is completely untrue. If you want to know why, read the page yourself.

I suppose then that it gives us some different odds ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join