It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science fails to exclude God

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Exactly so give it up. It ain't ever gonna happen for you partner.

Quit asking for the opportunity you seek. Which wouldn't even be your cherished victory. As I would at the most
be simply confining myself for you to take advantage of. You're not that smart Bog. The fact that this thread, has been an annoyance to you, for 3 solid weeks proves that, beyond any doubt. Quit trolling along.

edit on 24-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by bogomil

Exactly so give it up. It ain't ever gonna happen for you partner.

Quit asking for the opportunity you seek. Which wouldn't even be your cherished victory. As I would at the most
be simply confining myself for you to take advantage of. You're not that smart Bog. Quit trolling along.

What on earth are you talking about?

Starting a thread and then refusing to clarify the uncertain parts in it, because of the risk of being contradicted. A forum is not a pulpit, where preachings go un-opposed.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Oh IDK maybe it has something to with statements of this nature.

I'll find another victim later.

This is getting way off topic now. I hope you're happy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Everything is explained in the OP what more do you need?

If you're looking for something to chew on I can offer this as an addition to the OP.
Evil does not exist becaause evil is simply the absence of good. Darkness does not exist because darkness is just the absence of light. Light and goodness exist because they were created. God did not create evil this is why Genisis is correct to say, "There was darkness, then God created light and the light was good.
I wonder if any one of you giant brains can see when equiped with the correct vision? There must be a creator
because of certain creations that exist.
Arguements ?

Okay then, that would make daytime full of "goodness" and night time lacking in "goodness/creation". Do overcast days therefore contain less "goodness/creation" than sunny ones. Does winter contain less "goodness/creation" than summer? I like winter. What about space? Here was me thinking science explained these things quite well............. Please don't quote an ancient book of fables and bizarre ritual magic/old testament and expect to be taken seriously. The same book advises to burn poor little Turtle Doves or sacrife lambs to leave on the alter for your imaginary magical friend.

Sounds a lot like Bronze Age superstition, Pagan solar deity myths. I prefer John Frum, at least there is a good chance he was real.

By your own logic you could also state that good does not exist, it is simply a lack of evil. Light does not exist, it is simply a lack of darkness. Therefore your God does not exist, it is simply a superstition to explain a lack of evil/darkness. You fail to provide any evidence of light being or anything else being created by a magical deity. Have you got any?

I don't completely dismiss the possibility of a creator, but I see zero evidence or need for one. Have you got any, besides your own superstitious needs, views, beliefs? He appears to be a delusion, an imaginary friend. Santa Claus for adults.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Can darkness cut thru the light ? Never has never will.
You are very naive.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

Do I have to ask you that ? I mean really ? Consider your own answer to the question. At least I'm not saying it's a stupid question. I'm positive I can say what your answer would be, so in turn, you can be so about mine, I'm sure.

It's a rather simple question. Is there a storm god or not?

Why should one complex process be allowed to occur naturally whereas another is not?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Click on "you tube link" underneath vid to watch.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Can darkness cut thru the light ? Never has never will.
You are very naive.

This fantasy that light exists=God exists, seems to have missed a few logical steps in between. Such as any evidence at all (that isn't superstition, or personal opinion/ fantasy) that would lead to such a conclusion.

Evil does not exist becaause evil is simply the absence of good.

Good and evil are both simply relative descriptive terms and therefore a mute point. Lets get back to adults version of Santa, which really does seem to have zero proof of tangible existence outside anyone's imagination.

Light and goodness exist because they were created.

Please show anything genuine and tangible that could lead to the conclusion that "God did it". Opinion and quotes from strange ancient books do not constitute evidence.

I am confident that you believe God exists. That doesn't mean he does.

God did not create evil this is why Genisis is correct to say, "There was darkness, then God created light and the light was good.

So he is not omnipresent or omnipotent. I agree (because I doubt he exists) Nor is he an original creator according to that statement.That would be whoever created the original darkness, without which light could have no contrast or existence and clearly contradicts your understanding by stating it existed first...ie. "There was darkness". The whole thing sounds like religious drivel IMO.

This light is good/dark is bad superstition is similar to the nonsense that used to get people rapped on the knuckles for writing with the left hand. Aparrently it was evil/lacked "goodness" too, by the standards of a fake God that promotes self mutilation, amongst other things.

Really, I'm just waiting for you to realize you have nothing to base your assertions on. It is simply your belief, unless you can give something that might prove otherwise. I am sure you have found enough to believe, doesn't make it true. The false notion that God is real because science doesn't exclude it is misleading nonsense.

People still believe Marshall Applewhite was Christ (and therefore God), with more proof than you have shown.

I don't believe them either.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Oh IDK maybe it has something to with statements of this nature.

I'll find another victim later.

This is getting way off topic now. I hope you're happy.

When you quote me, do it in context.

What topic: My character?

Topic is an effort to present a non-representative situation of 'gnostic' positions, where undefined scientists have failed to 'exclude god', and where you then instead introduce your own gnostic theist position by claiming the shroud to be 'proof'.

Only you refuse to comment on positions, and your shroud-'proofs' are questionable.

When offered a reality-check of gnostic positions you decline, because it's not housebroken to test christianity this way.

I am more than willing to relate to FACTUAL comments, and I can just go back to the start of the thread and see if something there possibly could catch your interest instead of your fixation with my alleged shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This fantasy that light exists=God exists, seems to have missed a few logical steps in between. Such as any evidence at all (that isn't superstition, or personal opinion/ fantasy) that would lead to such a conclusion.

No more a fantasy than you believing a magic show can happen without a magician. It just dosn't happen, no matter how much of smart mouth you use. It's foolish. Sorry but that's a fact you can't avoid. So go ahead and be annoyed.

No matter what I believe you have to believe in something just as absurd as what you say my belief is. I'm just
not as condesending as you are be cause I know you are wrong. I know it where as yoiu don't. Sorry that's life.

edit on 25-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No more a fantasy than you believing a magic show can happen without a magician. It just dosn't happen, no matter how much of smart mouth you use. It's foolish. Sorry but that's a fact you can't avoid. So go ahead and be annoyed.

No matter what I believe you have to believe in something just as absurd as what you say my belief is. I'm just
not as condesending as you are be cause I know you are wrong. I know it where as yoiu don't. Sorry that's life.

edit on 25-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Randyvs, I would like to get something straight here. As far as you go personally, I see no reason to suppose you are anything other than a nice enough, intelligent and genuine person. I know people with far stranger views than yours that I get along with fine because they are nice and likeable people (though with strange unfounded beliefs IMO).

When someone tries to peddle their belief in a deity as factual though, as in they "know" the truth and those who don't agree are niave, I see no harm at all in challenging this strongly. Especially when it appears to have no tangible factual basis. I find the title of this thread a little misleading also.

In contrast, I don't really "know" that you are wrong because that would imply that I know the truth, which I don't. I only know that you have provided little to back your claims of knowledge, other than more belief. IMO I see no reason to suggest a God, nor have I found anything in this thread that could lead to this conclusion. This is my opinion. I don't think I have stated my beliefs about creation, please point it out if I have. In the true Socratic fashion and unlike many who confuse belief with knowledge, I am at least am aware of my ignorance. I don't pretend to know how it all started.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You can call me Randy.
See I don't pretend to know anything without God. Without God, from my point of view, there would be no knowledge of anything.

By putting up this thread, I put just about everything I am right on the table. For everyone to observe, witness,
applaued, conncur, be puzzled by or curious about. That's not to bad. Then there are those who wonder at how stupid I am for what I believe, want to shoot me in the face, accuse me of believing in Santa Claus. Just straight call me names like idiot. These are just facts, I'm not whinning about it. It's just unbelievable the amount of hate what I believe, generates. But that's ok because God told me it would be that way. I just wish one of them could give me an account of existence that makes more sense. Not one has ever been able to do that.

edit on 26-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You can call me Randy.
See I don't pretend to know anything without God. Without God, from my point of view, there would be know knowledge of anything.

So why have you created an imaginary and vaguely outlined conflict with science. Restricting yourself to the narrow premises of your own faith is hardly communication, but as I've said earlier, only preaching on black/white terms: "My ways or none".

To declare yourself 'winner' (as you often do by informing opposition of its alleged shortcomings) is also done on YOUR premises. But it doesn't MAKE you a 'winner' just to declare yourself one.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Seems like you were the one claiming victims and how you will sooner or later corner me. Frankly it's getting a lil creepy how long you've trolled or stocked this thread trying to accomplish your goal. It might have been easier
Bog, if you wern't so arrogant and hadn't mouthed off about it.

I was never out to win anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
No one is going to change anyone's stan's when it comes to what people want to believe in.

This will go on as long as people are willingly to argue.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

There has to be a point I guess, where OP says, I'm done argueing my point on this thread. Other wise it would never end.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, someone always as a counter argument, no matter what.
I still haven't heard one solid argument that will make me change my believes.
I can see the same with you. There is no way any of these guys will be able to change your mind.
Only you can make that happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Maybe because there must be a creator, no way this all happened by chance

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You could just change the thread title to "religion fails at proving god's existence"

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Delusion - A delusion is a belief that is either mistaken or not substantiated and is held with very strong feelings or opinions and expressed forcefully.

en.wikipedia.org...

Still, it is obvious there are many nice intelligent people who believe in one or other of the many versions of this myth. It often seems to be the result of indoctrination from a very early age. I started to doubt around the same time I learned Santa wasn't real. The Santa myth much harder to come to terms with.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join