It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Engineered Food Alters Our Digestive Systems!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by burntheships

Lol.... ok...

Explain why humans have an apendix and what its for. Might help you understand what might be going on.

The appendix is a storage and production area for the bacteria the gut needs to thrive and be healthy. No appendix equals a major loss of this healthy bacteria and adds to the woes (along side surgical intervention and associated body trauma).

...and was a key component in helping humans survive way back in the day when rocks and other items were very much a part of what we ate.

The vermiform appendix is a vestige of the cecum, an organ that would have been used to digest cellulose by humans' herbivorous ancestors.

coccyx - or tail bone, which no logner serves any purpose to the human body.

occipitofrontalis muscle - used now for smilking, but origionally used to kepp humans from falling.

Goosebumps - vestigial response. Ancestors used it to raise body hair, mkaing them appear larger

There are also vestigial molecular structures in humans, which are no longer in use but may indicate common ancestry with other species. One example of this is L-gulonolactone oxidase, a gene, that is functional in most other mammals, which produces an enzyme that can make vitamin C. A mutation deactivated the gene in an ancestor of the current group of primates, and it now remains in the human genome as a vestigial sequence called a pseudogene.[26]

As with all animals, we evolve and adapt to new and changing enviornments. Logic would dictate that as we change what we eat based on new discoveries that become a part of our diet, our body will adapt to those changes in an effort to find the best way to make use of and digest.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
GE foods are also being linked to the recent rise in celiac disease; an auto immune disorder that causes your intestines to basically digest themselves after being exposed to gluten... Modern wheat is all GM'd to increase the gluten content.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

And thanks for your comments.

2-4D is another one of Monsantos deadly "creations". Its a toxic pesticide,
not too comforting when you realize that Monsanto makes both 2-4D and Glyphosate.

As they GMO crops themselves contain these pesticides, they move into the bloodsteam.

Research conducted by a team of senior plant and animal scientists found that Monsanto's glyphosate chemical, which is the primary ingredient in its popular RoundUp herbicide formula, appears responsible for infecting plants with an AIDS-like syndrome that destroys their immunity, blocks their absorption of certain vitamins and minerals, and eventually kills them.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
not normal! it sounds jsut like something from some madmans scince lab not how nature inded things! yeah i concur 500,000,000 must deis. prob more by todays standards since the populations vastly outweigh 500,000,000
My first thought, was this GM bioengeered stuff reading the article, was someting just like from the movie 1983 with kurt russell 'THE THING'/.. particles and/or cells shaped like half a starfish, invade yuor body via contact..that easy. they take over yuor host cells over a short period of time, your walking around with these organisims inside of you..each particle/cell is its own individual 'animal'. thats how it survives, needs a host, like a virus. then when you least expect it..yuor mind is gone and not you anymore..you look human, but yuor now one of the 'things..red and greenich tentacles come out, yuor body being ripped apart as the thing attemtps to re produce you.. disconnects with seafloor creat legs, eyes with stems grow form your skull, skin slides off and it can make itself look like any living organsim..but you have o be ripped arpart and re absorb, when it shows its true face.....
thats what this monsantos GM food crop jsut me thing about
just seems a tad closer too the truth.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you have been through that as a young person, thats tragic.
I am glad you have recovered. Thanks for your comments.

Yes, the growth hormones are terrible also. I recently found the rest of the story about
the bovine growth hormones.

www.ukprogressive.co.uk

On April 2, 1998 Steve Wilson & Jane Akre filed a landmark lawsuit using ‘whistle blowers protection’ to seek compensation for being fired for refusing to distort the news. The link below is a ten-minute video of the two FOX NEWS reporters, who, in the late 1990′s uncovered that most of the milk in the US and across some parts of the world is unfit to drink. They were fired for attempting to inform people of the of the health risks posed by the use of (rBGH)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whats very tragic is Fox News could have aired the story and saved lives, but instead decided to
publish false news, getting away with it because its not against the law to publish "news" that is not true.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Hello. This is my first post so please be kind if I mess up something while I'm learning.

I wanted to add my thoughts on this because I have Celiac Disease (about 8 years now) that developed as an adult. Basically, I can't eat anything, not even a crumb, of gluten, which is found in wheat, rye and barley. If I do, I get very, very sick, similar to food poisioning. I always thought it was crazy, because humans are meant to eat wheat, but it makes me sick.

Last year, I participated in a clinical drug study. They told me that the thought behind the drug is that Celiac Disease is similar to Leaky Gut Syndrome. That "for some reason" gluten proteins pass through the digestive system walls where they are recognized by the immune system as foreign bodies, launching the immune response.

So what if the "for some reason" is GM foods? What if the holes are being punched not in just the bees intestional lining, which is bad enough, but our too?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i do my produce the good ole fashion way. and i know what goes on it and in it

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hqokc

I work in a grocery type store and you would be absolutely amazed to know that more than average we have people who are buying i guess you would call it hypo-allergenic foods. above normal.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
and cited this article as its proof...
Assessing the survival of transgenic plant DNA in the human gastrointestinal tract
So now I'm wondering what the anh article means by "continues to function", because it doesnt cite any proof of this. Fragments cant continue to function.
Not only that, you didn't even mention the punchline of that source:

we conclude that gene transfer did not occur during the feeding experiment.
I'm not crazy about GM foods because I think we are playing with things we fully don't understand, so I'm not really trying to defend them. For example someone cited the possibility of collateral damage to the DNA strand after gene insertion. This may have unforeseen consequences which concern me.

On the other hand, I'm not in favor of bad science either, where a valid scientific study is cited such as the one published in Nature, and then apparently unsupported conclusions are drawn by people misinterpreting the study.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hqokc
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Hello. This is my first post so please be kind if I mess up something while I'm learning.

I wanted to add my thoughts on this because I have Celiac Disease (about 8 years now) that developed as an adult. Basically, I can't eat anything, not even a crumb, of gluten, which is found in wheat, rye and barley. If I do, I get very, very sick, similar to food poisioning. I always thought it was crazy, because humans are meant to eat wheat, but it makes me sick.

Last year, I participated in a clinical drug study. They told me that the thought behind the drug is that Celiac Disease is similar to Leaky Gut Syndrome. That "for some reason" gluten proteins pass through the digestive system walls where they are recognized by the immune system as foreign bodies, launching the immune response.

So what if the "for some reason" is GM foods? What if the holes are being punched not in just the bees intestional lining, which is bad enough, but our too?

Hello mate! hope you're well!!

Just had to add a couple more bits to this thread!!

What you said about "foreign bodies" is so true! there is a part in this documentary that explains how our bodies even think cooked food can sometimes be a foreign body! Basically this means our digestive system almost goes into some sort of shock and has to work very hard to deal with the food!! This documentary also talks about a lot of other really good issues on topic!

www.youtube.com...

I have linked to part one, you should be able to find the rest from there!

Also the on the wheat issue; www.celiac.com...

A very interesting article that discusses wheat and other gluten produce being "exerimental" as we have only been consuming them for a relatively short period of time!

And for the dairy, the simplest of things always stands out to me... isn't cows milk meant for baby cows???

read "the milk letter" by Dr Kradjian, some very thought provoking stuff; www.notmilk.com...

I hope you enjoy!!

btw, my disclaimer; I cannot verify any information contained in the links I have posted, as I am not a scientist/ dietician/brain surgeon etc, if it resonates with you then awesome, if it doesn't then cool, just sharing what I have access too, nothing more!

lots of love x

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
good find bro, thx for share

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
found a downloadable website

www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

has some brand names that are "anti-GMO"

is this genuine ?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
Wow, this is the first piece of evidence of GM food actually being bad. I always hear people say that it's bad, but I didn't really understand why. Thanks for sharing!

That's a bit of a misnomer. It's not that it's 'bad'. It's that it hasn't been proven "Safe". They (USDA?FDA?Us Government) are taking a very backwards approach by sing that it's considered 'safe' until someone proves othrwise.

This, of course, means that we who eat it are all being used as lab rats/guinea pigs.

Except that there is more and more evidence that it is, indeed, bad. Very, VERY bad. And yes. We have been used as guinea pigs.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by essjay

It is just as you say, man in all of his "brilliance" is going to kill himself off.
Good for you and your plans to stay apart from that. Be well, and prosper!

Civiliization indeed!

I don't think We're all of the problem. I suspect non-Humans involved as well.

It is not so much civilization as it is a misconception that some rule, or rather own, the rest.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's just so shocking how they can get away with it............Posts like this made me think
We know that GM Alfalfa is shipped worldwide to enrich soil for Organic food stuffs........So the recent E.coli Mutation event could be linked?
This should be looked into thoroughly....

edit on 5-6-2011 by DreamerOracle because: adding

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just wait until Monsanto finishes making their GM Wheat, that'll be a great boon for us all.

Since there is hardly any testing, I wonder what the health problems will be 10 years or more down the line.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has posted this already but when I heard about this new strain of EColi that is killing people across Europe I began thinking about genetically modified food. After reading some of the posts here the symptoms of this virus have even more alarm bells ringing.

One person in Sweden also died. In Germany, there have been 573 cases of hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) -- a form of kidney failure -- in the current European outbreak, according to WHO. That's more cases of HUS than in any other recorded outbreak, worldwide. Twelve patients in Germany have died of HUS, according to WHO, while six died of enterohemorrhagic E. coli, EHEC, a strain that causes hemorrhaging in the intestines and can result in abdominal cramps and bloody diarrhea. Reports indicate that an estimated 1,428 people have that E. coli strain so far but do not have HUS, according to the World Health Organization

Around every other HUS patient suffers serious neurological complications. The patients become disoriented, have difficulty expressing themselves, suffer convulsions. Some become apathetic, others make strange noises. Some get such strong cramp attacks they have to be restrained

'We're sleeping badly, and have bad dreams,' Kiemes says quietly. 'We can't get the images of suffering patients out of our heads.' The neurological breakdowns of patients are particularly concerning. 'When their condition gets worse, then it's dramatic.'

Link to virus info on RSOE

The authorities are blaming Cucumber for the outbreak and are warning people not to eat uncooked vegetables especially cucumber, tomato and lettuce. This raises more concerns about GM foods because I know that these foods have had their DNA changed to stop the Mosaic virus.

Abstract
Biological active cDNA clones of cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) RNAs 1 and 2 were modified by addition of sequences that encode hexahistidine (His-tag) at the amino- (N-) or carboxy- (C-) terminus of the 1a and 2a proteins. These proteins are essential components of the viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp)

Also,

Membrane-bound tomato mosaic virus replication proteins participate in RNA synthesis and are associated with host proteins in a pattern distinct from those that are not membrane bound.

Link to NCBI - GM Cucumbers

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Haha, genetically altered food doesn't kill us. (what doesn't kill you makes you stronger)
Oddly enough might be safe for a different purpose, what if one day you wanted a genetic modification? Perhaps this ge food helps us prepare for that.

Currently are DNA is in a predestinated mode, of adaption through survival. Well what if certain number of ge foods could allow you later on in life get a gene mod and live because of those foods. Example you want active DNA (changing your form to pretty much anything) what would be cooler than to transform at any given moment?

Sure it's illogical to do that for the common folk, but it would still be cool, to have active DNA (transmutation)

Kinda scary though to EH? Hey I'm falling, think I will grow myself a pair of wings. I dunno would make a good SCIFI movie

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Umm, no. GE foods won't help with future elective genetic modification. Trashing your body doesn't do much good for anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

Kinda scary though to EH? Hey I'm falling, think I will grow myself a pair of wings. I dunno would make a good SCIFI movie

Yeah, the rage virus in 28days was also a good movie as long it remains in the fiction section

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join