It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO confirms that the bacterium E. coli is spread from person to person

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

18 have died so far, but you can't sell a vaccine for automobile accidents, so there is no use in hyping up the "dangers of driving a car."

E. Coli on the other hand . . .

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok, so don't play with Poo and don't kiss people outside my family.

Done.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It sounds trite but a confirmed transmission route of this sort could be devastating to people in Haiti or Japan right now that are suffering from lack of infrastructure in areas - or just poor areas that never really had any. :-(

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

And cook your meat through out don't forget about that, otherwise not only could you get E-coli but you can also get a whole host of wonderful bugs, Listeria, Tapeworm, the whole shebang. PS: Don't swim in pools that have blue in it (You know pee and worse many places mark this that way) hence why I do not swim in public pools.
edit on 6/4/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

They are saying on the msn that its not possible to get it from a person, only by food, but of course im second guessing what they say like always. Are people that stupid? They don't research things themselves instead they take whatever the msn says as truth? Sounds like religion to me. The msn is a religion in a way.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

There are only so many ways for something to get into your body. Absorption. Inhalation. Consumption. One can protect against these most of the time. Not always, thus the spread of flu.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO
reply to post by Essan

18 have died so far, but you can't sell a vaccine for automobile accidents, so there is no use in hyping up the "dangers of driving a car."

why hype up something which is far less deadly than crossing the road?

Which is more dangerous?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Essan

Which is more dangerous?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Because people can make a lot of money selling E. Coli vaccines to individuals and countries, but you have to get'm good and scared to create the demand.

Automobile accidents though, no vaccine for those.

BTW, I agree wholeheartedly with your statement, I am just postulating on why the fear mongering over this has begun.
edit on 4-6-2011 by DrZERO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Quick everyone be afraid something else is going to kill you if you don't run out and buy this brand new product...

In all seriousness though, I'm getting sick of all these fun, new, antibiotic resistant bugs that are being created. Every 5 minutes it seems your hearing about a new one, and most of it could've been prevented from using a little common sense (ie washing hands often in public, or after using the restroom) and a little less hand sanitizer. You don't have to sterilize EVERYTHING, that's what your immune system is for, you weaken your body when you use it in massive excess like I've seen people do. (medical and food facilities not withstanding).

I'm of the mind that they are being created in a lab, if Mother Nature wants us off, she'll shake us off like fleas. So while ANY loss of life is extremely tragic, there's a small part of me that giggles a little when I see whatever they tried to put out (ie H1N1), not spread all over like Captain Tripps in 'The Stand' (name of the flu bug that killed everyone but a few survivors for those who haven't read Stephen King's "The Stand"). I'm praying this outbreak fizzles fast, and that no one else dies over it. This shouldn't be happening at all, and I hope that whatever karma that comes back at these scientists, includes a supermutated version of the virus that they created.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Opsss ... The World Health Organization - "The United Nations public health arm." have the vaccine against E.coli ...

WHO - Immunization, Vaccines, ...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

On WHO website:

EHEC outbreak: 9 European countries report cases of haemolytic uraemic syndrome and enterohaemorrhagic E. coli infections

Recommendations and precautionary measures

Regular hand washing, particularly before food preparation or consumption and after toilet contact, is highly recommended, particularly for people who care for small children or are immunocompromised, as the bacterium can be passed from person to person, as well as through food, water and direct contact with animals.

edit on 4-6-2011 by noordmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

In a way car insurance is the vaccine for crashes, you most likely wont crash but you pay anyway. Right?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Some of the above comments really make me feel that all hope for humanity is gone. I would imagine that if this epidemic hit your city and you watched your friends or neighbours fall critically ill that you wouldn't be so cold hearted. And worst that you have no idea if the next food item that you put into your childs mouth will potentially make them critically ill or worse. Please, have some sensitivity in your comments towards international readers and fellow human beings. You would expect no less of me if the table was turned.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yeah, but you are supposed to buy car insurance no matter what. In other words, no one has to fear monger the dangers of driving to get people to buy car insurance.

A vaccine on the other hand . . .

I think the point Essan was making is that why is something that has killed so few people being hyped in such away when there are everyday dangers that take many more lives on an hourly basis.

It is my contention that this "outbreak" is being hyped to sell vaccines. My only question now: is this just an instance of taking advantage of a naturally occurring crisis, or something more sinister such as this "super bug," being engineered in a lab?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its being hyped because it an alarming story, media has done that from day one, it is what was once called gossip. Printing that 65,000,000 million people die of all causes during a year isn't exciting (but true).

Ever notice how plane, train and bus crashes are news worthy but a steady body count from ordinary car crashes isn't?

Same thing

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

I am making an educated guess, and it looks like the GMO nasties
are out of the petri dish now.

The idea of having genetically engineered genes permanently living inside our guts has staggering implications:

If the antibiotic gene inserted into most GM crops were to transfer, it could create antibiotic-resistant diseases.
Bt toxins (Bacillus thuringiensis) inserted into GM food crops to kill pests are reaching the bloodstreams of 93% of women and 80% of unborn babies because of the consumption of meat, milk, and eggs from livestock fed GE corn. This could turn bacteria in our intestines into pesticide factories.
Animal studies show that DNA in food can travel into organs throughout the body, even into the fetus. www.anh-usa.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

reply to post by Essan

Which is more dangerous?

How bout if you do an experiment; do both and let us know the results?
I would love to see you prove your assertion.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow, I hadn't thought about that angle.

Very interesting indeed, thanks for the info

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is an engineered disease. Anyone who understands DNA knows that despite the musings of evolutionists, unless the organism already possessed the ability to combat various 'vaccines', it cannot magically mutate such an ability.
If this strain really is immune to so many known 'cures' (it is still too early to tell) then this has to be a manmade disease. Just like h1n1, aids was/is.

Wonder if the tamiflu has been repackaged?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join