It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb like Photo Anomolies : Please Explain - Thanks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Have a couple of photos that I took back in 1994 that I would like to share. Hopefully you guys can help me to understand what this is or what is happening here.

If I recall correctly, I did not have on a flash because I was taking these shots with a Sony and it has a night vision setting on it, which when in use - the flash is available? Not so sure on this but am sure some of you experts could tell for sure.

Some may refer to these as spirit orbs or camera lens artifacts. I'm not sure what they are.

When I took the photos, I remember that upon viewing them, they kind of scared me when they showed up.LOL! and I had to go back into the house and quit taking pictures!

Thanks in advance!

Here they are:

edit on 4-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: added photos

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Those are lens flares
They do look strange, but only because these pictures are taken at night.

Even though this picture is taken during the day you get the idea.
edit on 4-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: retardation

edit on 4-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
That is a lens flare
They do look strange, but only because these picture are taken at night

This. It's amazing how many people confuse lens flares and dust particles for UFOs and other things.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Yup, at least the OP didn't say that it was an abominable snowman, or an elf, or nephilim.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
reply to post by SubPop79

Yup, at least the OP didn't say that it was an abominable snowman, or an elf, or nephilim.

True, and I applaud the OP for being curious. I just like to tinker with my technology, and at one point that meant putting drop of water and dirt and whatnot on lenses so I could see what would happen and be able to differentiate between what was being seen in real life and what was being seen because of technological limitations. Nothing against you OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The first two look as if some sort of liquid is on the lens itself. I can see these 'cell-like' objects on my glasses or other objects close to my myopic eyes, they end up being tiny beads of moisture. The floaters in my eyes can take on that form, too. I think only very nearsighted eyes can do that.

The last one looks like classic lens flare to me.

I rarely 'see' orbs on the images from my SLR, unless I am taking purposeful pictures of rain in dim light, but I can get loads of wierd things on images from my compact digital camera.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thanks all, for your replies.

Just trying to clear up a little confusion here.

There wasn't anything on the lens. IMO the first one looks too thick for it to be a flare, and it seems you can't see though it.

Oh, previously, I had posted one my photos to another thread inquiring about this. It seems everyone has their differences of opinion as to what this might be.

Hoping to get a better understanding .

Oh, I forgot about some also mentioning dust particles.

Have played around experimenting too. I have a really good photo of hundreds of ''rain drop" orbs : When it was sprinkling one night.

So what is this again? Can it be a flare when I didn't use a flash? It was on NV most definitely.

edit on 4-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Thanks all, for your replies....

So what is this again? Can it be a flare when I didn't use a flash? It was on NV most definitely.

Yes it can be a flare if you didnt use flash. All thats needed is an external light source (like the moon in your case). It was on night vision? If yes I can explain a little more to you.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Thanks for replying Ziggy. Yes it was definitely on NV . The camera was an Sony FD Mavica-Digital MVCFD87, an oldie...

Had read on a thread here at ATS, and found my photo to look a lot similar to a photo of a Trevor Constable. He referred to his as a ''plasma being".

Perhaps we actually do have other lifeforms in our sky that have yet to be discovered.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is his photo:

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction lol.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

Compare with mine.

edit on 5-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Dont get me wrong, im not saying that 'orbs' or 'plasma beings' DONT exist (I actually subscribe to the plasma being theory) And i've actually had some of my own experiences that initially brought me here to ATS. (Heres my video)

Im still not sure exactly what it was I filmed

However, upon more research i've discovered there are other possibilities that can explain what is happening in some cases. With a natural light source like the moon so visible in your pictures its hard to say its definitely NOT a lens flare. Thx for the pics as well Lou, i'll look a bit more into Travis Constable.

edit on 6/6/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Thanks for sharing your experience Ziggy. Wow that was fantastic vid capture! What in the world? Too cool lol!
You just reminded me I have another photo of what some in our family believe to be an angel which was taken at a cemetary
Those other vids were entertaining too. Thanks! Great music too -
Had to take some peeks there!

With photos like that , one has to ''believe'' in other beings! NOT saying that's what my photo is - and it could be a plain ole lens flare. Just saying... lol
edit on 6-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here's a link to a vid of a supposed spirit entity that I found interesting..
Wanted to share.

www.bharatlover.com...

What are your thoughts on this? I believe there are many forms of life yet to be discovered.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Due to the shadow from the light reflection on the bottom of the culprit you can see it's a flare, but orbs are weird and come in many shapes and sizes, IMO it's a flare or smudge but you just never know take pictures of the same area more than once then you can rule things out over a time frame.

Like I say to alot of folks, before coming to a conclusion have a set ratio. Make sure you have documented phenomena more than once. Thats the best way to head in the right direction for a clear answer.

If you think you have something paranormal, then investigate more than once and keep doing it, if it's real you will gather even better evidence, if not then at least you have debunked it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't know how to upload photos on here but i will find out.

I have a very interesting picture taken of me a couple of Christmas's ago with an orb. I was just sitting in the chair. To the side of me is a large mirror. I noticed when looking throught the picture's that there is a huge orb reflecting in the mirror coming from the otherside of the room.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Thanks Jag for the reply. You may be correct in that it is a flare, but I honest don't think my Sony Mavica can be on NV WITH a flash but I will check. Have documented many paranormal things that have happened in my lifetime. If interested you can view this link , www.abovetopsecret.com... and Lemme know if you see anything paranormal there lol warning it's lengthy.

Have had so much happen... which has led me to believe this is a possible capture. Not to mention those two photos were the only ones that showed this in the series. These two photos were taken seconds apart.

Took 1st photo facing the moon..the sec shot was only secs after: I had only turned sideways and it to me was like it had flown , I had caught it ..with Point A to pt B maybe a distance of 5 ft ...It seemed to appear to be flying..or cell dividing lol.. but who knows.. you could be right!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

You can go to tools, & then my pictures, you will have to also log in there. Look for upload personal pictures button... and go from there. It will give your photo a url , you put that in your reply and it should have your photo posted. Once you get in there, it will be pretty self explanatory IMO.

Most likely a reflection , because its a mirror.....I'm sure you will hear

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thank you seekerLou i will update this page when i have found the picture. Thanks again up:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Hey, found this ghosthunters' place in the UK. www.ghostfinders.co.uk...

I sent my two photos for analysis and you may want to do the same Here is their email address: photographs@ghostfinders.co.uk

new topics

top topics

join