It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Orwell's 1984 Reference In The Film "Almost Famous"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've always loved this quote, but recently it occurred to me that it must be in reference the the novel, right? I never realized it, I always just thought it was a random thing to say from a rock star on acid...

Remember when he say's "In 11 years it's gonna be 1984, man. Think about that!"..

Anyways, it's a pretty hilarious scene, that's why I threw this in the General Chit Chat forum.. Enjoy.
edit on 4-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I always assumed they meant the novel cause I don't really equate the year 1984 with anything else

Love that movie though. Did you know Jimmy Fallon played the new manager? "I didn't invent the rainy day man, I just own the best umbrella"

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
reply to post by rstregooski

I always assumed they meant the novel cause I don't really equate the year 1984 with anything else

Love that movie though. Did you know Jimmy Fallon played the new manager? "I didn't invent the rainy day man, I just own the best umbrella"

Ha, yea... I'm watching it again right now!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good find... My avatar is big brother from the movie 1984 with my face blended... Love the book and the film

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4d9e0c20677.png[/atsimg]

Just say no to INGSOC!

edit on 4-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I freaking love that movie use the phrase, "I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!!" almost daily.

top topics

join