It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i want a "box" on my tax forms to send a dollar to NASA.. instead of- Presidential campaign fund-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just got my letter from the IRS, saying why Again ,, this year, i would not be receiving ANY tax refund...

not too big of a problem--- Ex wife's business went belly-up and SHE owes taxes... but we were married at the time--Blahh-blahh

i dont care about that ,, anymore...

but what i do care about, is the SPAM- on our U.S. tax forms, thats ask's people for a "donation to the Presidential election Fund...

its a tiny box it wont effect our taxes,, so it says.. but i want other "boxes" on my tax forms to help fund things i am interested in, Like

a box to send a dollar to NASA...
or a Dollar to go to cancer research ..

IF, we could put Any kind of "box" on our tax forms to send a dollar to fund ANY project....

What would you choose??
edit on 6/4/11 by darrman because: had to adjust spellllinglish

edit on 6/4/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I would like to see a box that would send money to me.

Or for free energy in the USA!
edit on 6/4/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Agreed!! I'd so give to NASA!

They ask the same thing when you go to the DMV! There is a box to check to donate 1, 5 or more. I always check ZERO.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I want a box that says "sent under threat of violence"

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

quick edit ehh?

lol oh,, Ante B,, many would send you a buck or two.. but Thats a different thread..lol

FREE energy Great idea!!

Solar signs for the Highways... !!
edit on 6/4/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Agreed!! I'd so give to NASA!

my friend,, if only NASA could get itself together,, and set up a donation site... i would give 10%, of my pay.. to them

edit on 6/4/11 by darrman because: added 2 cents

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
NASA And The Pres. Fund are not charities and they already take enough money from citizens without asking so why should I give any money to them? They won't suffer without my dollar.

How about a box to donate to a local food bank? I'd go for that.

$1 is food in a belly of someone that actually needs it.

Millions of us wouldn't miss a dollar but it would be millions of dollars in food for many that would notice it very much.

edit on 4-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

jude THINKING!!! great idea!!!!

that is why i thought about this ...

GREAT ideas so far!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Aren't the potential candidates for POTUS wealthy? Why would any American citizen fund a WEALTHY person? Duh! It doesn't make sense! Get real, people. Anyway, you can always "uncheck" the box and keep your one-eyed, err, I meant dollar bill to yourself!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nasa is run by the military anyything they use your money for will be for their own secret military benifit, I am guessing they already spend so much tax payer money that is unknown to the public, why want to give them more.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Aren't the potential candidates for POTUS wealthy? Why would any American citizen fund a WEALTHY person? Duh! It doesn't make sense! Get real, people. Anyway, you can always "uncheck" the box and keep your one-eyed, err, I meant dollar bill to yourself!

The only ones that make it to Pres are either Wealthy on their own or have Wealth behind them.

And that little $1 you give them will help fund the $1000 per plate dinners they put on to get even more money.

But don't wait for YOUR dinner invitation!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I want a box on my tax form that expempts me from paying for any program that I did not vote for in my entire life.

divide how much I owe by the amount of programs that I support and that is what I should pay in taxes.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't want any boxes on my tax form. It's for paying taxes, not soliciting various funds.

If you don't want to give $1 to the campaign fund, don't check the box and send your dollar to NASA yourself. I want a box-free tax form.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Box: Fund crushing the cartels with a Tesla security net and taking the work
of Tesla away from them and giving it to the people with full protection
from the anti Tesla cartels who would still be out to stop any development
or stories to expose the deceit of the last 50 to 100 years.

Box: Toss in promotion of the work of Velikovsky and Roberta Ballantine for
good measure.

Box: for JFK and JFK JR murder investigations.

Box: Moon Landing fraud resolution.

Box: Find Hitler's body.

Box: to continue more boxes cause people would like to know
by funding the boxes instead of cartel dished out entertainment
and lies.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nice idea/sentiment, but...

Even if everyone who is required to file a federal tax return did so, and they All checked the "$1 to NASA" box, that would still be less than $300 million dollars a year to NASA.

A help to be sure, but not enough to do very much.

And as for a box to make contributions to local charities; you need to realize that it would cost a lot of tax dollars to identify, collect, and correctly distribute those donated funds to the miriad of local charities likely to be named by the tens of millions of tax return filers making the contributions each year.

That would be Your tax dollars being spent to send your tax dollars to each of your own neighborhoods.

Suggestion: "Act Locally" on your own and cut out the government middle-man (who would have to pay other people to do what you, yourself could do cheaper and easier).

That said, the California state tax return Does have a list of organizations to which its taxpayers can make assigned contributions right on the form. These "Voluntary Contributions" are subtracted from the filer's refund, and sent to the selected organizations each year. The list of organizations changes each year, based on the previous year's contribution level: the organizations receiving the least contributions are dropped from the list, to be replaced by other organizations.

And yes, BH, it does add to the complexity of the tax return form, as well as to the cost of producing and processing the filed returns. But the State's voters asked for it to be this way. I think they even passed a state initiative to change the tax forms to allow this arrangement.

And then people rant about how high their taxes are and how difficult it is to prepare their tax returns! Go figure.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Being allowed to chose where our tax money goes would be one small step to true freedom, away from the collectivist-slave society we have been in. If the IRS really wants to serve its people, it gives us a few options to chose from. Mine would go into School/Education.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I find it ridiculous we should even be asked to support any presidents election fund...I bet that money would go to obama's election campaign too and not towards some other candidate...

top topics

join