It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 7 most complex machines ever built

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Thank you for your very well put post!

Of course, human body have to be considered the most complex thing that exist...... and that we know of.

It would require a lot of 'geocentric views' to think that we are the most complex creature in the Universe, don't you think so?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yep it's amazing what mankind can do when we want to.

Yet we fail miserably when it comes to economics, WTF??

I would add to the list of complex machines, the National Ignition Facility at Lawrence Livermore, awesome hugeness at its best.

Cosmic...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Speaking of the Large Hadron Collider. , i can't believe the people who think the device is going to produce a black hole which is capable of sucking up the entire earth. Black holes are coming in and out of existence all the time, and 'somehow' we're all still here.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah that makes sense

Either way it is an amazing computer with amazing power although give it 20 years and our desktops will probably have similar power..... well maybe not but you never know

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

oh yeah of course, its hard to imagine we are the most complex organism or machine in the entire universe. It is possible but i beleive unlikely.

Perhaps if you could look at the universe from ''top down'' or from outside it could be classed as a complex machine of some type...... just a thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Awesome stuff, I love the LHC (too bad Fermilab is closing down.) But it also goes to show how many of mankind's achievement come from wartime (USS New Hampshire - submarine, Space Shuttle - Cold War, etc.)

Nice post though!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join