It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US strike kills top al-Qaida operative in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ilyas Kashmiri's apparent death is another blow to al-Qaida just over a month after bin Laden was killed by American commandos in a northwest Pakistani army town. Described by U.S. officials as al-Qaida's military operations chief in Pakistan, the 47-year-old Pakistani was one of five most-wanted militant leaders in the country, accused of a string of bloody attacks in South Asia, including the 2008 Mumbai massacre, as well as aiding plots in the West. Washington had offered a $5 million bounty for information leading to his location.

They are saying he was tapped as the successor to OBL. They also think this is a blow to al-Qaida for some reason.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

...a fax from the militant group he was heading — Harakat-ul-Jihad al-Islami's feared "313 Brigade" — confirmed Kashmiri was "martyred" in the strike at 11:15 p.m. Friday in South Waziristan tribal region. It was sent to journalists in Peshawar.

"God willing, America, which is the 'pharaoh' of this, will soon see a revenge attack, and our real target is America," it said. The statement was handwritten written on a white page bearing name of the group, which has not previously communicated with the media.

So, if you believe the current administration, we killed OBL a few weeks ago, and now we've killed his number two, who became number one, but now is...number none? I get them confuse. Anyway, I guess now we should beware of attacks from al-Qaida operatives.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's funny, as I thought that China decreed that the US shall not strike inside Pakistan.

"BOONDOCK WHERE ARE YOU"??

Just the next step in the plan?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The U.S. has found more 'top operatives' in the past month than they have in the past 10 years. Conveniently close to elections, and conveniently when Shiite anger at America, EU, and Israel is growing exponentially.
edit on 4-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Pakistan is America's buddy.

They returned the tail section of the helo, allowed CIA to go to Osama compound, and formed an anti-terror squad with the US.

Expect more high target terrorists to fall in coming months.

Anti_terror squad

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

And this anti-terror squad wasn't formed long ago because?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

And this anti-terror squad wasn't formed long ago because?

Maybe because the aide wasn't high enough, maybe because no one really cared about going after the terrorists, maybe etc......

Doesn't matter, the moral of the story is that the US owns Pakistan and will go after whomever they want. IMO, Pakistan rather look like they are part of the solution instead of being embarrassed again.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
bull hockey!!!

it took obama 6 months to decide to send more troops to afghanistan and yet he made the supposed call to kill bin laden on a 50/50 shot.

so my opinion bin laden aint dead and the so called intelligence from his raid is suspect at best

creating more boobgiemen.

pakistan is not americas buddy the billions of dollars is their best friend

and the billions china gives them.

from the x-files " the truth is out there"

all anyone has to do is open their eyes

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99
The U.S. has found more 'top operatives' in the past month than they have in the past 10 years.

I find it extremely convenient that these "top operatives" are going down, just as Duke Nukem arrives back on the scene!

Yup, thats gotta be it.

Duke Nukem is back!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe this myself, since I believe OBL has been dead for years. But we've killed "Osama's number 2" so many times over the years, now we can start killing more number 1s! Killing brown people is something that the current administration has gotten pretty good at.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Heres the thing, it really does nothing, other then a short morale loss to al-qaida. Within the next 1-2 weeks there'll be another person to replace his spot.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Good, more terrorists dead.

new topics

top topics

join