It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government causing natural disasters to create jobs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Many people, including government officials and even mainstream economist seem to think that destruction is ``good`` in a way, even war is sometimes seen as necessary to ``help`` the economy, it destroys things so the government can pay people to fix thus creating jobs.

Bush and Obama tried this same logic with their bailout/stimulus packages, they spent a lot of money fixing roads, building schools, etc, but the schools were quickly built and the roads were quickly repaved. And the people that they briefly helped were out of a job, yet again simply because what they built/fixed were outside of the laws of supply and demand.

The short-term gain may have fooled a lot of people, but overall it just didn't work. This isn't surprising though, since Keynesiansim only breeds, boom-bust cycles and money crises, but the interventionists/central bankers truly believe it will work. So maybe they think that we need more destruction to create enough jobs to save the economy.

Which maybe the reason we've been having so many ``natural disasters`` lately. I don't have any evidence to prove that the government caused these natural disasters, but many people on ATS think they did. This is just a thought I had as to why the government would want to create ``natural disasters`` in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Definitely I've never heard or read anything like this before... C'mon OP... "TPTB are causing natural disasters to create jobs??" Are you serious??

This is pure and simply depopulation agenda.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You are so wrong. The roads and schools do need to be fixed. The demand is high and the supply was i suppose low is a good way of calling it. Big wars help the economy. Not tiny ones like these. Also the bailout would have been better, it still is good, if it had been bigger and with less tax cuts. Also disasters cost billions n lost revenue so its not really a win when people do not have jobs or a house.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And you talk as if they were creating environmental disasters only in USA, what's definitely is not truth. So what?? They are triggering EQs all over the world, to create jobs too???

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If the government really wanted to create jobs... they would tax the hell out of all the big corporations as "punishment" for sending our jobs overseas!

At least that's what I would do if I was running the country.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh, you mean HAARP-technology by government "causing" weather modification. I see. "Natural disasters" destroy buildings and structures and reduces the "real property" value; and therefore more construction jobs are created! Something along the recurring theme of: "Order out of chaos."

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well working people are often times too busy to really care about the rest of the world, but I don't think the government would be doing this in order to create jobs.

They might be causing disasters to ruin the economy of other countries although, or has a warning to not pursue world saving technologies.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's a possibility, they destroy in order to create, it sounds about the kind of logic the government would use. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Corexit made a lot of money off the BP disaster.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

And you talk as if they were creating environmental disasters only in USA, what's definitely is not truth. So what?? They are triggering EQs all over the world, to create jobs too???

I never said they were doing it, I said many people on ATS believe the government is responsible for recent natural disasters, I'm just offering and explanation as to why the government would want to create natural disasters.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
If the government really wanted to create jobs... they would tax the hell out of all the big corporations as "punishment" for sending our jobs overseas!

At least that's what I would do if I was running the country.

Corporations can send their jobs where ever they want. People hate outsourcing, but those same people have no problem with it when jobs are being outsourced to their country. You guys are selfish.

I'm glad you don't run our country.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Definitely I've never heard or read anything like this before... C'mon OP... "TPTB are causing natural disasters to create jobs??" Are you serious??

This is pure and simply depopulation agenda.

First off I never said anything about TPTB, second you ridicule me for my theory, but in that same breath you tell me about a ``depopulation agenda``?

new topics

top topics

join