It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of Last Month’s New Jobs Came from a Single Employer — McDonald’s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sounds to me like a huge, orchestrated public relations stunt. A conspiracy to lead average Americans to believe that things really aren't that bad. Let's really think about this for a minute. Not only did this one-time hiring blitz account for half the new jobs created last month, but it did little to offset the increase in the official unemployment rate which rose to 9.1%. So these "added jobs" are still a net loss. Add to this the fact that we are talking about minimum wage part-time jobs. Hardly the sort of job that someone can live on. Nevertheless, only 1 in 20 people who applied got the job.

Source

I agree with this blogger's sentiments and he has a few more related articles linked there that were spot on.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well a job's a job! ...and money is money.

It's a bit sad...but in a way, it might wake up some people up and make them think.

"Maybe Capitalism has gone us this far, which was good, but isn't good anymore."

I know not many would really want a McDonald's type job but if at least it payed a decent salary to live on. When you work hard long hours for a miserable pay check and that you we're used to making more money while working casually, you see that the trick to making more money isn't working hard and that people that are up there make 22842 times the amount you do now, never sweated in their whole life...you may just see that Capitalism isn't fair.

When you understand that even with all the work experience in the world, with all the diplomas you can have, you still can't find a decent job, because it's normal to feel that you deserve more then minimum wage. When we are young and "decide" what we want to do when we grow up, we need to think about how much it pays...we don't even go in what we want or what we are good at. Maybe then you see that Capitalism doesn't make you happy.

This lie that they built to suck us dry has worked perfectly. It's time for change.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Oh goody we can all flip burgers, make minimum wage and live in 600 SQ FT rabbit hutches.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

"Maybe Capitalism has gone us this far, which was good, but isn't good anymore."

Star for your post.

My job $42,000 (with OT $52,000) was outsourced to "Team India" August 31, 2010.

Sorry no, I'm not going to flip burgers and deal with a obnoxious, rude public for minimum wage.

I suffered under a very abusive boss for for ten years and eight semi abusive bosses another six years for a pretty decent salary...............my days of taking abuse are over.

I am lucky in that I have a husband that has a really good job so I only have to deal with people who treat me polite and nice.

But if given a choice, I would rather go homeless and dumpster dive vs going back to having to deal with obnoxious, rude and mean people.

I've watched how a lot of people treat those that "serve them" and a lot of people are in need of learning manners and decorum.

It's now fashionable and considered "cute" to be insolent and disrespectful.

No thank you.

edit on 4-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: spelling changed boses to bosses.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I live exactly in the middle of the Marcellus Shale gas headquarters. They put out a press release how proud they are that they hired like 40,000 plus people in Pennsylvania lately. What they dont say is that they will hire no locals from PA. if you aren't from Texas or OK, don't apply. All my neighbors are now from TX or OK. I am more than qualified, but at least 10 attempts for employment have been ignored, should just lie and change my address from PA to TX I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It's good to know that extending the Bush tax cuts brought in a flood of new jobs.

Glad to see corporations came through on their side of the bargain...proving once again that trickle down works. Record profits equals jobs!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
the other half was government jobs most can't get.

bush 1 all over again!

economy stupid!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Well a job's a job! ...and money is money.

It's a bit sad...but in a way, it might wake up some people up and make them think.

Maybe then you see that Capitalism doesn't make you happy.

This lie that they built to suck us dry has worked perfectly. It's time for change.

I disagree. Capitalism is working in the BRIC countries. It's all good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join