It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 year old twins die on same day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
92 year old twins die on same day, could it be that their physical make up and body clock was so identical that their bodies shut down at the same time?

I wonder if they died from the same aliment, or was it just old age.

From the moment of their birth in Buffalo 92 years ago, twin brothers Julian and Adrian Riester rarely left each other's side.

They played together, went to school together, as young men traveled cross-country together -- and, in their 20s, joined the Franciscan order together.

And on Wednesday, after 65 years as identical twins wearing the identical brown robes of the Franciscans -- mostly at St. Bonaventure University -- Brother Julian Riester and Brother Adrian Riester died together at St. Anthony Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla. Julian died Wednesday morning, followed by Adrian in the evening.

www.buffalonews.com...

edit on 093030p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's just these "simple" stories of us that makes me love which is unknown. Sad this one is, but intriguing.

Thank you so much for this one.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
As a twin, twins have a bond nobody can understand unless you are one.

It is really weird honestly but kind of cool in a sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Scientists reckon that a heart is programmed at creation with a certain number of beats and when that number is reached the heart will stop beating. So if the brothers died of heart failure that would explain them dying so close together.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone

It's just these "simple" stories of us that makes me love which is unknown. Sad this one is, but intriguing.

Thank you so much for this one.

You welcome, I forgot I posted it,

Getting old.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
As a twin, twins have a bond nobody can understand unless you are one.

It is really weird honestly but kind of cool in a sense.

It is cool, I have twin brothers, BTW

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom

Scientists reckon that a heart is programmed at creation with a certain number of beats and when that number is reached the heart will stop beating. So if the brothers died of heart failure that would explain them dying so close together.

That gave me chills, this is why scientist study twins I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just saw this on your profile page.

Excellent. I have always been fascinated by twins.

This is just freaky... or is it.

I think there is so much more to be learned from studying twins.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Studying twins?

No thanks, sorry Im an identical twin and I dont want to be studied. We get "studied" enough by people when we are out together.

It's kind of weird sometimes having a clone so to speak lol

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It very well could be, I just watched something on TV about twins and their psychic ability's for one another, it was really cool and had a lot of evidence suggesting twins may very well be extremely in tune with one another.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Twin studies have provided a lot of information regarding whether certain things are genetic or environmental in nature. I have always been fascinated by twin studies, especially when it comes to psychology or health.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Kingdom

That gave me chills, this is why scientist study twins I guess.

Let them study all they want... so long as they aren't inducing death by artificial means... such as remote stress tests. I have a gut feeling that they gave a helping hand, though.

top topics

join