It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Takes aim on Syria and Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

It is only going to get uglier... I have mentioned repeatedly that this is NOT going to stay confined to Iraq... We are having a hard enough time continuing with the men and equipment we currently have against a country that was militarily flattened just 12 years ago... How are we going to do against 2 additional countries, with China and North Korea just waiting to get involved in the far east???

Doesnt look good....

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This war is for Bush to, how should I say it, push his agenda...further.

I hope Britain finds out what this is really about and backs out, leaving America entirely by themselves. There would be mass rioting about this if this really goes into Iran and then and only then would America consider backing out. America can't fight this alone.

Let's just hope Russia stays out of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ol Bushy seems to pickin some fights eh? I too have said on several occasions that it wont stop with Iraq. This adminstrations agenda is to make a greater state of Israel. When Israel controls the Middle East, it will make way for the Anti-Christ, then that's when the NWO will rule my friends. They are evil, their ultimate goal is for death and destruction to make way for this. I know I sound extremely crazy, but just wait and see.

[Edited on 29-3-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'll co-sign with that.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I still keep trying to figure out the math here...

We've lost around 50+ guys, and had about 10 taken as POW. We own the airspace of Iraq. We own ports, and airports, to furthermore bring in more supplies, soldiers, and equipment. In a recent tank battle, 14 of their tanks met up with 14 of ours. The enemy tanks were destroyed, ours weren't even damaged.

The enemy has lost THOUSANDS of combatants, and had THOUSANDS more taken as POW. They can't launch a single plane. In addition, almost every military command structure is now a pile of rubble.

How in the world are we having a hard time of this???

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Given the extreme Islamic ideology, they are all brother Arabs and could easily consider themselves under threat from the U.S. It makes sense that they would assume that the American aggressor has come there to take control of them all, and be preparing their own defences & retaliations. I saw a report at said that the only reason Saddam Hussein became a Muslim was to use that as propaganda to stir up the other Arab nations. The concept being that the U.S. wasn't just after Saddam, and as a fellow Muslim they were ALL threatened and should all unite in a holy jihad against America.

In December the BBC reported that British Intelligence had information that Iraq had successfully transferred at least some of their WMD to Syria. I commented then that would surely put Syria into the U.S. sights for further consideration.

Lybia has kept a low profile, but they also hate America, and Iran is certainly no friend either.

If Isreal ever jumps into this, the entire Middle East could really explode (nuclear wise).

Russia has been making some loud anti-American statements and their recent provision of hi-tech equiptment to Iraq signals their true colors.

And as you stated dragonrider, North Korea & China are just watching from the sidelines.

This could potentially become a massive cluster-fu*k with the U.S. caught right in the middle.

Hopefully our military will use the keenest stategies and have ample supplies to deal with a host of potential enemies.

Food for thought,
Deep

[Edited on 29-3-2003 by deepwaters]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
We are having a hard enough time continuing with the men and equipment we currently have against a country that was militarily flattened just 12 years ago.

No dragonrider. You're in trouble cuz you take care of your ennemy. If we were using the same tactics that we used during WW2 ( carpet bombing & massive artillery fire ), it would be very very more easy.

Some peoples are thinking that's possible to do a " clean war ". That's stupid. You do war or you don't do war. But if you do, don't try to don't break any eggs.

Just look at what the Russians did to take Berlin in 1945. I don't say that they had right, but it worked !!!

OTH, I don't understand why we don't use any EMP weapons ( i.e : E-bombs ).

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe us invading the middle east, is just cause for a Jihad, a struggle for Islam.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I believe us invading the middle east, is just cause for a Jihad, a struggle for Islam.

Because you think that they need a so-called *good reason* for doing their jihad ? Read the koran !

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ultra

Maybe you should follow your own advice and read the Qur'an for your ownself.

"...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind"
(Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)

"There is no compulsion in religion. The right path has indeed become distinct from the wrong. So whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All Hearing, All Knowing"
(Surah Al-Baqarah 2:256)

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

1 ) Maybe you should follow your own advice and read the Qur'an for your ownself.

2) "...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind"
(Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)

3) "There is no compulsion in religion. The right path has indeed become distinct from the wrong. So whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All Hearing, All Knowing"
(Surah Al-Baqarah 2:256)

1) Done since a long time.

2) * not in retaliation *....It remember me something else : * By any means *....The things are not looking clear with you, but in fact, they are clear like crystal water.

3) " So whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah "...Yeah, of course.....Am I surprised ? Not at all !!!

I believe ONLY in God & Jesus.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
Ol Bushy seems to pickin some fights eh? I too have said on several occasions that it wont stop with Iraq. This adminstrations agenda is to make a greater state of Israel. When Israel controls the Middle East, it will make way for the Anti-Christ, then that's when the NWO will rule my friends. They are evil, their ultimate goal is for death and destruction to make way for this. I know I sound extremely crazy, but just wait and see.

With GW being a "born again" Christian I could see this. The idea of the anti-christ is very strong with pre-millenium fundamentalists, which (I believe) GW is a part. I am not saying it is true (God help us if it is) but I could see how one could grow terribly paranoid over this.

I guess we have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They are going to be the real threats in and outside of Iraq. Iraq is very important to Muslims, for it is the heart of the Arab World. So finding so-called justice will be hard to do with our black hand of death on the tables. Israel is the arm of that hand, just as Groomer implied. This is the new Holy War, or Crusade. Stop the Crusade.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   

) " So whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah "...Yeah, of course.....Am I surprised ? Not at all !!!

I believe ONLY in God & Jesus.

Allah is just a more personal name for GOD. Just like Yahweh and Ja. These is nothing wrong to gining a name to a being that you worship

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i think that if we get engrossed in a giant conflict in the middle east, that will definately bring in israel. many more americans are going to be pissed than they already are. i can just see the uprising. peace protests will no doubt turn into large riots, and just wait til israel nukes someone. we're on the path to self-destruction, it's becoming clearer with each passing day. i say, start your militia now, or be taken by martial law, or killed by flocks of invading canadian geese

[Edited on 03/17/2003 by phoenix_cross]

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Look folks, as soon as we get finished kickin' booty over there, and Iraqi's begin to get jobs and bring home some jack, the rest of the Middle East will take notice. Especially Iran.

Fellahs with jobs don't have time to go on suicide missions!

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Allah is just a more personal name for GOD. Just like Yahweh and Ja. These is nothing wrong to gining a name to a being that you worship

Yes I know. But I don't speak arab, so, for me, It's God and not Allah. For Muhamad, I don't see him like a Prophet.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Yes I know. But I don't speak arab, so, for me, It's God and not Allah. For Muhamad, I don't see him like a Prophet.

What an idiot.

You dont speak 'arab'? Your officially a racist.

Let me break down the word Allah for you because you need it so badly.

Allah means The God.

al- the
ilah- God

Ilah is found in your bible as Elah, another name for God

and Muhammad was a prophet, in fact the LAST PROPHET... I can be here all day giving you facts and evidence, but the Qur'an is evidence enough.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer

Grommer, where in the world do you get the notion that Israel will control the middle east and that will be the pathway for the anti-Christ? It isn't Biblical, I'll say that. As the idea of the anti-Christ is Biblical, then the whole theory should be from there, huh?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Illuminati, it is funny that you'd call anyone a racist. As far as Mohammed being aprophet, and the last prophet, since his message is very very out of the theme and thread of the Bible, it is obvious that the Judeo-Christian God and Allah are not the same.

Anyway, it sure seems you are rooting for the other side. It sounds as if you want to see America fail in its attempt to defend itself from those that want to destroy her.

It seems to me that there is a very good possibility that you are one of the ones that we should be concerned about. A house divided shall fall. It is necessary to cast out the boards that do not add to the strength of the house.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join