It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Heat in the South and Midwest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Thanks for posting the link to the thread. I read throught it and it seems the US is divided between cooler weather in the northwest and west and then extreme heat in the midwest, south and east. It's also very interesting that there is unusual weather going on in Great Britain as well. I found this report on the weather channel this morning, I posted it in response to another post here, but I will repost it again for you:

www.weather.com...

It explains the current weather in the US and why these shifts are taking place. I just wish some of that cooler weather the west is experiencing would shift to the east, we soooo need some relief! Thanks for your response!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The humidity is what makes it so unbearable. I recall that by August on the Gulf Coast, it was all you could do to plan your day getting from one air conditioned place to another and avoiding outdoors at all costs! I especially hated that after taking a shower and feeling so much better, and having to get out in the heat when leaving or going to work or going to a store and just sweating like crazy and needing to shower again..I started loathing having to sweat, lol!

I think the only thing that will help is for some tropical weather to move in and break this up.....not a monster storm but a little tropical storm could really help things out for everyone. Thanks you for responding!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Sounds like you were stuck having to wear business attire. I've always felt that anyone living in the south in summer should get a pass on having to dress in "proper" attire and everyone should get to wear what keeps them comfortable. I will be going down to Louisiana in a week, but, the weather there is just about what we are getting here in Memphis so it won't be any different, maybe just a bit more humid. Stay cool and thanks for your response!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I worked for a lawncare company for a few years and we never had any problems til last summer. I think there was 3 people that collapsed from the heat. Nothing like pushing a 50lb spreader across 15k sqft of yard all day. I swore i saw the Morning Star out washing his car one day while driving in between stops. I remember thinking last summer was going to be mild because this time last year we were still in the low to mid 80s with 50s at night. Gotta love Alabama.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join