It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple causes Religious reactions in Brains of Fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I found this article to be of interest, here it shows brain scans of people who use Apple products and those of religious people. If apple can create this euphoric effect as religion does to human beings, who's pulling the religious strings thus causing the same tell tale effects.. hmmm.. gotta wonder

In a recently screened BBC documentary, UK neuroscientists suggested that the brains of Apple devotees are stimulated by Apple imagery in the same way that the brains of religious people are stimulated by religious imagery.

According to the neuroscientists, the scan revealed that there were marked differences in Brooks’ reactions to the different products. Previously, the scientists had studied the brains of those of religious faith, and they found that, as Riley puts it: “The Apple products are triggering the same bits of [Brooks'] brain as religious imagery triggers in a person of faith.”

The Apple God

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, this finally explains their undying faith and devotion to an overpriced product. I could never figure it out as I use Linux. Now, if I can only get a grasp as to why anyone would ever, and I do mean EVER want to use a Microsoft product. If you find something that would explain that - I would consider it a miracle!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
Well, this finally explains their undying faith and devotion to an overpriced product. I could never figure it out as I use Linux. Now, if I can only get a grasp as to why anyone would ever, and I do mean EVER want to use a Microsoft product. If you find something that would explain that - I would consider it a miracle!

I suppose for the same reason people would want to listen to rap ska or lady gagag.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The apple from the tree of knowledge that caused the downfall of man by causing sin...
hmmm there is so much here on so many levels. i can see the scholars debating the apple of knowledge in another 1000 years..
man i would love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

lol yep i could see that too. Linux really is the best OP but i would say Apple will be the one to Create the Illusory Christ that flies out of the sky, they could call him Christ Sky Walker, i mean, honestly, computers these days can do almost anything you program them to. It's the technology they haven't shared with the rest of the planet that i'd be interested in.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
At least it is something real to believe in, unlike the human written bible and other religious texts.

Lines sorry

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Real until the batteries go flat and finally fail, then i dont care what book it is as long as its got a good ending..
The hardware might be "real" but the rest is just virtual..
reality is what we make of it, not what gadgets we own or books we choose to believe in..
but ill wait for the word according to steve and bill to at least get to the seventh revision before i buy into it.
but by now you can surely tell im no windows or apple fanboy

linux and android all the way...
the god's made the universe open source, we should keep it that way.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

It's still real if the battery runs out, I think you missed my point, my bad

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

Halo is why.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sprocket2cog

wow it's been a few since i read this thread. But it did make me smile thinking about the batteries going dead when they holographically project the Messiah in the sky, and then suddenly the batteries die as it slowly but statically vaporizes messily for all the world to see. I think if that did happen i'd be tossing rocks or projecting a lazer at it to see if it had any sort of effect. ha.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

"Comon' Adam, it's the wave of the future. You don't want to get infected with viruses do you? Plus, it's so cool and hip that pretty soon everyone will be wanting one! Good thing we're first in line this time around!"

Yep.
Logo makes perfect sense now, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

makes me wonder if it was a GMO apple tree.
Or most likely just a story the church made up to further demonize women.
edit on 4/13/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I hope I didn't detract from the initial premise of the thread....I just found it interesting that the Apple logo was that of the very self-same fruit widely associated with the Fall in the Garden happened to coincide with the somewhat religious fervor many (but not all) consumers have with this particular product line.

For more on the mythos of the Apple logo origin:

Unraveling the Tale of the Apple Logo

Fascinating stuff, really - those developers really have their work cut out for them.

edit on 4/13/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting - clarity

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Ok no worries.
I feel everything around us however is intentional, everything.

All of this was created for a purpose unknown to most humans on this planet. Light, Letters, Numbers, everything is subliminal to keep us here. Apple and Microsoft included. It's just the nature of reality. Yes the developers really do have their work cut out i wonder if they'll ever wake up from the illusion of their own trance.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

If it's any consolation, some find comfort and peace in the illusion.

If standing in line every six months for a "new" device provides even a temporary escape and eases some of the suffering and pain in this world, what harm is there?

Well, I mean aside from the fact that the people making these products are leaping to their deaths from the stresses of having to provide a selfish first-world country with phones and toys that most consumers can't even keep from cracking the screens on fifteen minutes after purchasing said product....perhaps even a meta-metaphor for how religious fervor is detrimental to the well being of those outside the 'divine flock' of the top end of the socioeconomic ladder when it comes right down to it.

But I digress somewhat.

Please forgive me and my $15 go-phone mentality.

I am but a lowly peasant in the social spectrum when it comes to modern technology.

Everything in due time I suppose.

edit on 4/13/15 by GENERAL EYES because: perfection is a harsh mistress....

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Untill thAT iS ONe triEs T0 gEts nEt fLiX T0 RUn On HiS LiNuX LaPToP FrOm 199o`s WiTh A ToOThPiCk HoLDiNg hIs EYe OpEn And COfFEE MuGs In BoTH HAnDS ! (OK , I really do hope that you found this humorous or I will just feel dumb now) You should run this one by Rush Limbaugh and he may give you a free apple laptop or something.
It really is kind of interesting.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Untill thAT iS ONe triEs T0 gEts nEt fLiX T0 RUn On HiS LiNuX LaPToP FrOm 199o`s WiTh A ToOThPiCk HoLDiNg hIs EYe OpEn And COfFEE MuGs In BoTH HAnDS ! (OK , I really do hope that you found this humorous or I will just feel dumb now) You should run this one by Rush Limbaugh and he may give you a free apple laptop or something.
It really is kind of interesting.

lol oh yes, i got it heh! If i had the monetary ability i would do so many things with the ideas that consistantly spin in my brain , but alas, i must wait until my time comes i suppose whenever that may be. Some things are meant to be and some aren't. But yes i can see that happening. I guess i'll just have to stick to my Imagination as there are times i believe it is more powerful and able than all the money in this world could ever be.

new topics

top topics

join