It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

People like CobraCommander believe that their tax dollars should be spent on one thing, and one thing only; the military.

Your tax dollars are to be collected to KILL the mud people, not educate them. Didn't you know?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Two wrongs don't make a right. Besides that the history of white settlement of North America is far more complex than the popular notion that the whites came as violent invaders bent on conquest.

I have Wappinger blood, and I still would not stand for an Aztec invasion.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

People like CobraCommander believe that their tax dollars should be spent on one thing, and one thing only; the military.

Your tax dollars are to be collected to KILL the mud people, not educate them. Didn't you know?

Dont presume to speak for me, because you will make a fool of yourself. I am against military spending as well as our militant foreign policy.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This thread is just filled with five racists who thinks hateful laws will make a good impact.
And then we go back to "Get out of America, immigrants!" And the reason someone would say that is because they don't like changes.
For example jobs.
The many reasons of people supporting anti-immigrant laws is because they believe:
The immigrants take all the jobs, but if you ask them they would explain it is actually harder since they don't have papers to prove their expertise and are forced to take really really bad jobs and could result in becoming a prostitute or a drug dealer to make a living since the laws are preventing them for living their lives to the fullest.
Whilst YOU in the other hand could graduate and buy that house you always wanted IF you tried of course.
But NO, YOU resort to going for lower standards and meet up with an immigrant but that person can't do anything about it since he/she is prevented from going up. Another scenario is "the builder"- scenario, If an immigrant got a job there YOU would complain for "taking your job and freedom (from something?" while the immigrant is good at building for example in that situation. Being a builder is nothing new and has been a common job for years. All it takes is your body and some tools. Any person could become a builder and so does an immigrant he/she is not different from YOU.

If you ask yourself, how many times have you seen an immigrant with a top notch job and a beautiful home?
NEVER, since the law prevents the immigrant in question to get what he/she wants and aims for in the persons life.

I hope someone takes this seriously and stop putting bad images made in paint and blaming obama on everything even though the authority is divided by 1/1000000, it is not 1/1, if so the president would have complete charge of everything and that would be stressful as the president would be responsible of everything, including if the L.A.P.D or N.Y.P.D should buy in new shirts or repair a leakage in the ceiling.
That's why voting exists and authority of a smaller kind. A state is an authority as is a federal agent or a accountant, they all make decisions that impact our lives. EVERYTHING IS NOT ABOUT THE PRESIDENT.

So if you want to blame someone, read up and find out who suggested a certain law and what is his/her agenda.
Some people bring out certain political "agendas" to get more support, so if you see a politician talking about the problems of immigrants in a certain country, it could not mean that he hates or does not like them but he/she exploits this to get more support for his run in the political world. (Example Obama promised to bring home the troops under the election run to gain more support which was proven because he had no idea what the U.S military was up against to. You can't just back out from a war and expect everything to be fine.) All hell would break lose in the occupied country since the authority cease to exist. "Not my problem" would be the U.S motto after hearing about mass murder and rape in the middle-east situation.

God damnit, you guys. Hope you did learn something today

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Pankaka

You obviously have not read the thread very closely. It has nothing to do with being racist, or even being against immigration.

It is about ILLEGAL immigration.

PS: I voted for Obama.

edit on 5-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JosephMatthew
reply to post by macman

I can tell you're the type of person who cannot imagine a life without police, without laws, without money, without being told what to do, without war. That is due to your values and the lies you were raised on (like "there isn't enough for everyone" & "borders are necessary"). You believe all of this nonsense because of fear...

What an arrogant post, maybe he realises that perfection of man is not possible and doesn't live in the clouds- like he says, I trust you live a subsistence lifestyle and donate ALL your money to third world people?

Probably not eh........

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

you are a bit race obsessed, aren't ya

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by JosephMatthew
People who think more immigration laws will fix anything really amaze me.

Can't you see the root issue here? You're afraid so called illegals are going to take your resources. Thus, the issue is one of scarcity, a technical problem not a political or legal one.

You are fed this false idea that there isn't enough for everyone, so we "have to" have borders, laws, money, property, police, most jobs, judges... All 300 year old thinking (at least)...

Today we have the technological means to provide resources efficiently for everyone; our social & political systems today are extremely wasteful & provably ineffective. Your being lied to about this to keep the machine of differential advantage going. Ask yourself this; when has a politician ever tangibly helped build a school or a bridge or eliminated hunger in a community?

Isn't it time we grew up as a species & demanded more from each other and effectively eliminate scarcity in our societies? If not now, then when?

We are ONE planet; why don't you do your part to evolve our species?

If you want to share your resources with people that entered here illegally, then by all means, open your home and wallet.
Don't expect others to follow suite because you say so via guilt trip.

They are here illegally and should be charged when found and deported, as per Federal Law. Since the Fed Govt would rather ignore the law, then the States have to step in and do the work for them.

This One World crap does one thing for me,

I am a US citizen, and have to follow US law. Illegals need to as well.

And further more, in the age old idea of most, if the Fed Govt would enforce the current law, then new laws would not need to be created.

For you.
edit on 4-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

Its called divide and conquer, and it is working.

I swear only 5% of the people that come to ATS, really know the situation of this world, the other 95% pretend to, or they think they do meanwhile they say things like "screw this caring for other people crap"

Besides, what work are they stealing? AMERICAN INDUSTRY LEFT AMERICA A VERY LONG TIME AGO, BECAUSE WE WILL NOT WORK FOR 4 CENTS AN HOUR. That is why the only jobs you can get in america is if you join the military or go to college, or else you will be flippin burgers forever.

They left their country with nothing because THIS country lives in luxury. Guess what buddy, if you were working all year in a field growing $50 bucks worth of crops to feed your family for an entire year, then you would try to be here "illegally" too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
Its called divide and conquer, and it is working.

I swear only 5% of the people that come to ATS, really know the situation of this world, the other 95% pretend to, or they think they do meanwhile they say things like "screw this caring for other people crap"

Besides, what work are they stealing? AMERICAN INDUSTRY LEFT AMERICA A VERY LONG TIME AGO, BECAUSE WE WILL NOT WORK FOR 4 CENTS AN HOUR. That is why the only jobs you can get in america is if you join the military or go to college, or else you will be flippin burgers forever.

They left their country with nothing because THIS country lives in luxury. Guess what buddy, if you were working all year in a field growing $50 bucks worth of crops to feed your family for an entire year, then you would try to be here "illegally" too.

I can understand them for trying, and can understand Americans wanting their borders secured- understanding why someone does it does not mean go right ahead and move here- I tell you what makes divide and conquer more likely, MASS Immigration and the balkanisation of nations, and you say others do not get it.............

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Guess what buddy, if you were working all year in a field growing $50 bucks worth of crops to feed your family for an entire year, then you would try to be here "illegally" too.

Why dont they try to improve their own country then? I will tell you why - because they can just leave easily for better, there is zero motivation to try. The result is their home country is stagnant at best, and instead they bring their problems into better developed countries, eventually making them the same mess. This is bad for BOTH their and receiving country in the end.

If they could not just emigrate, they would be forced to improve their own country, and in addition to that, no damage to already better developed countries will be done. In the long term, it would be the best for BOTH countries.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pankaka

Yea, because everyone that wants a sovereign country and secured borders is a racist.

You =

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

www.nytimes.com

Alabama has passed a sweeping bill to crack down on illegal immigrants that both supporters and opponents call the toughest of its kind in the country, going well beyond a law Arizona passed last year that caused a furor there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am seriously thinkin' of movin' to Alabama!!

Good for them.

I hope EVERYTHING works out for them.

Only 49 more states to go...

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know what that is...

Peace
MD

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Gotta love blaming our problems on minorities. We need open borders and easy naturalization coupled with an end to our massive nanny state

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
reply to post by haarvik

Gotta love blaming our problems on minorities. We need open borders and easy naturalization coupled with an end to our massive nanny state

What are you talking about?
Only you and others like you see this as a "race" thing, or at least that us how you spin it to avoid the argument.
No, the US does not need open borders. That in its own is just stupid.

But, yes the US needs a better way to go about becoming a citizen.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JosephMatthew

I'd say it's pretty evolved to provide them emergency room services they won't pay for and citizenship upon birth. all anybody is asking is to obey the laws, get a SS# and pay your share.

what's wrong with that ?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No problems with that kind of law being passed anywhere...round'em up

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

LOL, very nice, kind of ties it all up with a little bow.

American companies want cheap labor.

American companies advertise out of country.

American companies donate huge sums to political parties.

Political parties turn a blind eye to immigration issues.

Just another case of the lovey dovey relationship in America between Gov. and big business.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
reply to post by haarvik

Your post makes no sense, with open borders you will increase the need for a friggin nanny state as the authorities try and cope with the educational, medical, planning etc crudstorm that would follow with such an insane move- open borders would be the money shot for big govt

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Can you believe that the police can actually be sued for asking if someone is an illegal alien?

The individual can claim that the officer violated their civil rights by asking for immigration status. The immigration laws are federal and the federal government refuses to allow local authorities any control at all.

Many US citizens see the federal governments lack of enforcement as tacit approval of illegal immigration, therefore the federal government is allowing (wanting?) it to happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pankaka

You mistake immigrants with criminal invaders aka illegal aliens
Wonder if obama will sue Alabama like he did Arizona? Maybe not, even though he needs votes most Americans are hip to him now so it could finally work against him to sue
Thank Goodness.
Kudos Alabama and all the other states passing similar bills
Time to take back America!

edit on 5-6-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join