It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by CobraCommander
The US "admits" no such thing. We are not obligated to, we choose to because it is in our own self interest to do so, and not fuel the drug wars south of the border. Allegedly anyway. But either way, we have no obligation to protect Mexico.

Your wrong. The whistle blower in the article states that it was his job to keep guns from crossing the border and that he was ordered to look the other way. That is an admission. You don't know what the US government is obligated to do because you don't now what agreements your government has made.

Here's another example of US intervention:

U.S. Special Ops Troops Deployed in Mexico

That ATF agent doesn't work for Mexico.

And you keep talking about all these "agreements" that are alleged to exist when you yourself admit that you don't even know what said agreements even are.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by poet1b

Talk about a racist statement. Thanks for showing your true colors.

My mother is black and my father is white, I'm not racist.

The statement you made was indeed, racist. Doesn't mean you're a bigot, or that you hate others based on their race. But you do believe that Mexicans are harder workers than whites and blacks, based on nothing more than their race, and perceived stereotypes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Go back to this post. That is a completely racist statement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Never heard of "All In the Family"? Just what I thought, you are still a kid.

It is clear you support the whole free market, conservative screw the working class ideology. You are probably listening to all those right wing talk show hosts who are poisoning your mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What is wrong with a state making a law that makes illegals illegal?..just wondering why there is so much anger against a law that keeps our borders secure?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually, all those business regulations make the U.S. a more productive nation. Any look at productivity and business regulation demonstrates that.

That's nonsense. The U.S has very few regulations compared to the rest of the world. We use have far less before Reagan, and we've been heading down hill ever since his administration.

You are happy to support lying cheating and stealing no matter what you have to say.

I support lying and cheating, just because I don't want to make Mexicans leave?

No doubt, under Reagan and both Bushes, illegal immigration was allowed to flood our country, along with all the other forms of white collar crime. Both Clinton and Obama have done far more to solve the problem.

So why are to bitching now? If Obama is fixing everything?

We get the government people elect, and with so many people buying into the right wing propaganda, such as yourself, we get politicians in office who are nothing but crooks.

It's not propaganda it's common sense.

You want to round up all those ``dirty Mexicans`` send them back to Mexico to ``create`` jobs for real Americans. Even though those Mexicans live in poverty thanks to our trade polices, they have very few jobs thanks to OUR trade polices and regulations. You don't care about that though.

Your homie ``Clinton`` erected several economy crushing barriers against Mexicans when he singed NAFTA, even though Mexico took down many barriers against the U.S. The U.S expanded its market into Mexico, but did not afford Mexican producers the ability to adapt to a new division of labor, because whatever goods Mexico had a comparative advantage in the U.S would deny that advantage through the use of barriers and ``Green`` regulations.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem racist. I take that comment back.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It is clear you support the whole free market, conservative screw the working class ideology. You are probably listening to all those right wing talk show hosts who are poisoning your mind.

How would the free market ``screw`` the middle class? You see how keynesianism is working out?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
That ATF agent doesn't work for Mexico.

And you keep talking about all these "agreements" that are alleged to exist when you yourself admit that you don't even know what said agreements even are.

Right but the agent admits it was his job to keep guns from crossing the border. It isn't hard to understand that if ATF agent are ordered to not let guns cross the border that it is because they are obligated.

OK here you go Merida Initiative:

The Mérida Initiative includes $74 million to be assigned for efforts by the U.S. government to stop the flow of illegal weapons from the U.S. to Mexico, but important concerns remain regarding how this will be achieved.

U.S. FIREARMS TRAFFICKING TO MEXICO: NEW DATA AND INSIGHTS ILLUMINATE KEY TRENDS AND CHALLENGES

As DTOs have expanded their use of firearms, including more military-type of firearms, the U.S. and Mexican governments have increased collaboration efforts as well as independent work to tackle U.S. firearms trafficking to Mexico. For example, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) launched Operation Armas Cruzadas in 2008 as a “bilateral law enforcement and intelligence-sharing operation between U.S. and Mexican law enforcement agencies” to combat weapons smuggling networks.

U.S.-Mexican Security Cooperation: the Mérida Initiative and Beyond

The 112th Congress is likely to continue funding and overseeing the Mérida Initiative, as well as examining the degree to which the U.S. and Mexican governments are fulfilling their pledges to tackle domestic problems contributing to drug trafficking in the region. Congress may also examine the degree to which the Administration’s new strategy for the Mérida Initiative complements other counterdrug and border security efforts.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

There ya go, nice to see you actually have the ability to admit when you were wrong.

There is hope for you yet. I will get back with you on a history lesson later.

HINT: Reagan was the guy who started de-regulation.

"dirty Mexicans"

The only person yo are quoting here is yourself. Don't be putting your attitudes off on me. Sounds like more of that white on blue crime system.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Still havent seen a single argument AGAINST Alabama,or anyother states,law against hiring illegals,or allowing them social services....no green card or no work permit,no benefits or jobs...thats pretty simple...and its a great idea

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Most Americans enjoy a heavily regulated economy. You guys asked for, now deal with it.

Liability insurance etc is not about regulation! It is about securing against personal liability, if an accident gets someone hurt or killed. This is a must have on a construction site, my problem is these companies that are hiring illegals are not playing by the law! If one of these guys gets hurt or killed, or kills someone else in an accident, there will be a huge problem.

D.C is also an ``illegal safe haven``, but most, if not all of our economic problems are a direct result of government interference and not because of illegal immigration. This whole thread is nothing more than a clear attempt to shift the blame away from the government and to place blame onto individuals, like illegals. If it isn't ``illegals`` you guys try to blame, it's the ``TPTB`` or ``Corporations`` you guys will blame anything or anyone, but the government. If all illegal immigrants left the U.S today, do you really think that we'd be a better country?

The government is to blame for not enforcing the laws, illegals are to blame for knowingly coming here illegally, slumlords that rent to them 30 to a house knowing they are illegals are to blame, and people that hire them knowing they are illegal are to blame. All of them are to blame, and all of them are screwing over hard working americans. Maybe one day you will have a chance to run your own business, and learn a thing or two

One thing I would like you home owners to know.... You are responsible for people working on your property, make sure they are legal and insured properly. God forbid something happens, and someone gets hurt, they are not insured, and they have no paper trail tieing them to the company they are working for, you will be the one that gets sued for damages. That cheap price will not look so cheap, do yourself a favor, and don't mess around with that. If someone is undercutting everyone else by a huge margin, chances are there is something shady going on.
edit on Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:12:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

HINT: Reagan was the guy who started de-regulation.

Again, you're wrong. It was Carter that deregulated the economy, but it was finished just in time for Reagan to take credit for it. Reagan never deregulated anything, in fact he increased the amount of regulations.

You can look that up. I promise I'm telling the truth!

The only person yo are quoting here is yourself. Don't be putting your attitudes off on me. Sounds like more of that white on blue crime system.

That's how you sound though. That's how most of you sound. How come you never addressed that fact that our polices are killing Mexico? I'm just being honest here, if we round them up and send them back, do you not care that our government is the main reason their country looks like hell?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem racist. I take that comment back.

No worries man.

Just take all the rhetoric from any side of this argument with a grain of salt. Not all Mexicans are hard workers, but many are. Same with white and black people. But don't mistake desperation with a good work ethic, hard work ethics are learned in the family setting, not a racial one. By far not all Mexicans are drug smuggling killers, either.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2011 by 27jd because: double post

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

my problem is these companies that are hiring illegals are not playing by the law! If one of these guys gets hurt or killed, or kills someone else in an accident, there will be a huge problem.

I'm sorry you lost your company, but don't blame illegals. They just want to better their lives just like everyone else. Report your competition if you have to, but blaming illegals is pointless.

The government is to blame for not enforcing the laws, illegals are to blame for knowingly coming here illegally

Not only that, but our government is to blame for crushing their economy. There is a lot our government can do to help them, but we refuse to drop the barriers we put up against them, if we simply dropped those barriers they wouldn't want to come here so badly.

That cheap price will not look so cheap, do yourself a favor, and don't mess around with that.

I'm only 17, I'm not doing anything like that. I don't even have a car.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Not to sounds like a prick, but no wonder. You are just a kid, you have never lived in the real world, let alone run a company. Yes, the illegals are to blame too, I don't care their intentions, they are knowingly breaking the law. Reporting the competition does nothing, been there done that. Having illegals on the job site puts everyone else at risk, damn right I reported them.

One day when you have lived on your own, and know what it takes to support yourself you will understand. You will see why allowing illegal immigrants lower the standard living wage is damaging.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
One day when you have lived on your own, and know what it takes to support yourself you will understand. You will see why allowing illegal immigrants lower the standard living wage is damaging.

Right, until then though there's nothing wrong with the kid feeling empathetic for others, albeit naive. A desire to help others is a good thing, but not to a point you allow others to walk all over you. He'll learn that with time, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I started out dirt poor, I know what that is like. It sucks. But you know what? My father pulled us out of poverty without breaking the law to do it. We might have been able to make a hell of a lot more money, if we didn't have a conscience, and we chose to hire illegals dirt cheap. That is not how we do things though, it's not right to exploit people like that.
edit on Mon, 06 Jun 2011 20:13:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
threads like this are an embarrassment to the ATS community. The unabashed (and yet unwilling to admit to) racism and xenophobia is pathetic.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yeah because everyone against illegal immigration are racists and xenophobes.....

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join