It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I am more and more convinced you are just a troll..

The zionist elite and big corporations profit by hiring cheap slave labor illegals and decreasing the cost of work by flooding the market with cheap labor, you stated it yourself. Then you must support the fight against mass immigration, to cut one of the TPTB source of slave labor profit (otherwise you support corporate TPTB).

So how is it, are you with the elite, or average working people? Take your pick. There is no third option.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I am more and more convinced you are just a troll..

You would like to believe that.

The zionist elite and big corporations profit by hiring cheap slave labor illegals and decreasing the cost of work by flooding the market with cheap labor, you stated it yourself.

Don't put words in my mouth. And don't pretend I can't see what you are doing there.

Then you must support the fight against mass immigration, to cut one of the TPTB source of slave labor profit (otherwise you support corporate TPTB).

This people, is what sick-in-the-head folks would like you to believe.

Either you are for slave labor and want illegal immigrants to flood your job market, OR, you are fighting the zionist elite by kicking illegal immigrants out of the country - (effectively destroying many different branches of business inside your own country, but we'll leave these...facts...out of the discussion, did any of you economic geniuses think about competition from Asia?).

So how is it, are you with the elite, or average working people? Take your pick. There is no third option.

Seeing as how the elite have managed to manipulate the popular opinion of the average working people, I'll choose none of what you offer. But I find your approach interesting;

Lets try a few more of these extreme choices shall we?

"Either you're with us, or, you're against us!"
"Either you're a terrorist, or, in favor of America!"
"Either you believe in the Bible/Koran, or, you are with the devil!"
"Either you're a proud nazi, or, a jew lover!"

I despise these extreme ways of thinking. How's living in the tribal period going for ya'?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
I despise these extreme ways of thinking. How's living in the tribal period going for ya'?

What period are you living in? Are you a time traveler from the future? Wow, you must have some interesting stories.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I agree that we're most likely headed towards evolving into cooperation on a global scale. But, it's going to take time. We DID evolve into tribes, and cooperation within our own set groups in order to survive. People have a natural fear and distrust of other tribes and groups, because until very recently in our evolution contact with other groups of humans was not a good, positive experience. You're expecting people to overcome millions of years of evolution, in one or two generations?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

What period are you living in? Are you a time traveler from the future? Wow, you must have some interesting stories.

Yeahhh...

People have a natural fear and distrust of other tribes and groups, because until very recently in our evolution contact with other groups of humans was not a good, positive experience.

You do know that is a lie right? If nothing positive ever came of those interactions the world would look completely different than it does now, the issue is, people decided at some point, to focus on differences. So instead of the sharing of knowledge with each other, people focused on the wars that were waged by the royalty and clergy - not by the people. The people were led into these wars.

You're expecting people to overcome millions of years of evolution, in one or two generations?

If you would have a more accurate picture of history and human interaction, you would see that those millions of years of evolution are there for us to overcome them. And to evolve onward. That won't happen in one or two generations, of course not. But how else do you expect it to happen unless people take that "first" step? We have brains, we have the ability to think ahead. We should use that to prevent these social non-issues that are perverted by political leanings. Not encourage them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
You do know that is a lie right? If nothing positive ever came of those interactions the world would look completely different than it does now, the issue is, people decided at some point, to focus on differences. So instead of the sharing of knowledge with each other, people focused on the wars that were waged by the royalty and clergy - not by the people. The people were led into these wars.

You're still not going back far enough...I'm talking millions of years. Organized religions, royalty, agriculture, etc. are all very recent in our evolution. Back when we were hunter gatherers, tribes, there were not positive interactions. Other tribes were competition, and we fought alot more wars back then. They've gotten nastier with the coming of technology, but less frequent.

Just look at the native tribes here in North and South America, they did not have clergy or royalty...they committed terrible atrocities to one another, they did not share knowledge, they fought bloody wars and took resources from each other.

But how else do you expect it to happen unless people take that "first" step? We have brains, we have the ability to think ahead. We should use that to prevent these social non-issues that are perverted by political leanings. Not encourage them.

We have taken the first steps. The U.S.A. in itself, is a step towards that goal. In what other country do so many cultures live together in relative harmony? I understand the plight of people coming here to work for a better life, but it's not right or fair for them to sneak over, and take what isn't there's. I support a fair guest worker program, in which workers are given fair wages and shuttled back and forth, on a rotational basis so anybody who wants to come here and work the seasonal jobs and such has the opportunity to do so without dragging their children through the desert at the mercy of killers. If we do that, and end the failed war on drugs, and pressure Mexico to utilize more of it's resources...things can be better for all of us.

On a side note, what do you think about Mexico's illegal immigration policy...especially on their southern border?
edit on 6-6-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
Or maybe part of the deal was for Mexico to keep illegals from crossing the border.

While speculation on both our parts really doesn't prove anything, the fact that the US government has not raised a bigger stink would indicate that it wasn't part of the deal.

Actually if you think about it there is nothing they can do. For example if you are a US citizen anywhere near the border, border patrol can't tell you to leave or detain you. Your not doing anything illegal. Same deal on the other side. Mexican citizens are free to walk right up to the border and border patrol can't detain them because they have done nothing wrong. They break a law when they cross to the other side but then they are out of their jurisdiction. That is why it is up to the US to secure the border.

But the US admits that they are obliged to keep guns from crossing the border so there must be a reason.

edit on 6-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You do know that is a lie right?

Pretty much everything you post is a lie.

Illegals and the businesses who hire them are crooks who take advantage of the system, cheating honest decent people out of the gains and advantages that have moved the U.S. to its current high standard of living.

A illegal business operation is not good for the community or the economy.

That you want to pretend it is alright to break the laws that you choose just makes you another crook.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Illegals and the businesses who hire them are crooks who take advantage of the system, cheating honest decent people out of the gains and advantages that have moved the U.S. to its current high standard of living.

Illegal immigrants can't be honest and decent people?

A illegal business operation is not good for the community or the economy.

Neither is the government, but I don't see you bashing the government.

That you want to pretend it is alright to break the laws that you choose just makes you another crook.

But, you're okay with stealing peoples money, that's a crime too you know? It's called theft.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

What are you talking about?

I guess you feel that there are decent criminals.

Here is the reality, I feel for illegal immigrants, they come from countries that are so corrupt, they can not earn a decent living. They come to the U.S., because they know, even if they get a low paying job, they will be better off than in their country of origin. However, they also know that they are replacing workers here in the U.S., who were making much better money doing the job the illegal immigrants now perform. The illegals are also fully aware that they get special treatment from the U.S. government, because big business profits increase by hiring illegals. They know they are cheating U.S. workers, and that is not decent.

U.S. businesses that hire illegals are big scum bags. They are cheating and abusing everybody.

U.S. citizens should be working hard to elect politicians who will stop this huge theft businesses are engaged in.

If you want to pretend lying cheating and stealing is decent, then you have no morals.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

However, they also know that they are replacing workers here in the U.S.

Maybe they are replacing them because they are better at the job? Most Mexicans are far more productive than black or white Americans, they do a good job at their jobs and they deserve an opportunity at their jobs based on productivity and not where they were born.

U.S. businesses that hire illegals are big scum bags. They are cheating and abusing everybody.

Politicians that win elections by votes from illegal immigrants are scumbags, but you won't rail on them, only on businesses that give them an opportunity to make it in the U.S. A lot of ``illegal immigrants`` that come to the U.S start their own business, landscaping or in construction, they are taking advantage of the opportunities that Americans have, but no longer care to utilize.

If you want to pretend lying cheating and stealing is decent, then you have no morals.

You have no morals, you only care about yourself.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Maybe you don't get it, have you ever run your own business? If not you don't know anything at all....

Let me tell you how it went in NY, having to try to compete with cheats....

As a construction business in NY, you have to pay taxes, workman's compensation and liability insurance on everyone who works for you.

A company that helped put me out of business had ten people, but only three on paper, so only three were being insured properly. The other seven made 50 bucks a day cash, plus free lunch. If one of them got hurt, they were on their own. How is any company that does not want to commit crimes and screw over illegals supposed to compete with that? It is impossible. NY is a illegal haven state, and people that do honest business are punished. How messed up is that?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Most Mexicans are far more productive than black or white Americans

Talk about a racist statement. Thanks for showing your true colors.

If Mexicans are such superior workers, how comes U.S. workers are the most productive workers, and have always been. In fact, before the U.S. was over ran with immigration the gap between U.S. worker productivity was even larger than it is now.

edit to add

You are the one with the blatant racist attitude, you are the one with no morals, thanks for proving this.

edit on 6-6-2011 by poet1b because: last line

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

As a construction business in NY, you have to pay taxes, workman's compensation and liability insurance on everyone who works for you.

Most Americans enjoy a heavily regulated economy. You guys asked for, now deal with it.

It is impossible. NY is a illegal haven state, and people that do honest business are punished. How messed up is that?

D.C is also an ``illegal safe haven``, but most, if not all of our economic problems are a direct result of government interference and not because of illegal immigration. This whole thread is nothing more than a clear attempt to shift the blame away from the government and to place blame onto individuals, like illegals.

If it isn't ``illegals`` you guys try to blame, it's the ``TPTB`` or ``Corporations`` you guys will blame anything or anyone, but the government.

If all illegal immigrants left the U.S today, do you really think that we'd be a better country?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Talk about a racist statement. Thanks for showing your true colors.

My mother is black and my father is white, I'm not racist.

If Mexicans are such superior workers, how comes U.S. workers are the most productive workers, and have always been. In fact, before the U.S. was over ran with immigration the gap between U.S. worker productivity was even larger than it is now.

Most statistics like that are made up. I just call it how I see it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Or maybe part of the deal was for Mexico to keep illegals from crossing the border.

While speculation on both our parts really doesn't prove anything, the fact that the US government has not raised a bigger stink would indicate that it wasn't part of the deal.

Actually if you think about it there is nothing they can do. For example if you are a US citizen anywhere near the border, border patrol can't tell you to leave or detain you. Your not doing anything illegal. Same deal on the other side. Mexican citizens are free to walk right up to the border and border patrol can't detain them because they have done nothing wrong. They break a law when they cross to the other side but then they are out of their jurisdiction. That is why it is up to the US to secure the border.

But the US admits that they are obliged to keep guns from crossing the border so there must be a reason.

edit on 6-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

The US "admits" no such thing. We are not obligated to, we choose to because it is in our own self interest to do so, and not fuel the drug wars south of the border. Allegedly anyway. But either way, we have no obligation to protect Mexico.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

My mother is black and my father is white, I'm not racist.

This statement makes you sound even more like a racist. How is it that your race makes you immune from being a racist? There are black people who are prejudiced against black people and white people against white people. Although from your pro right wing posting, it sounds like your bigotry is aimed more at blue collar workers, supporting white on blue crime.

Most statistics like that are made up. I just call it how I see it.

Sounds like something Archie Bunker would say. Ever hear of him?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
If it isn't ``illegals`` you guys try to blame, it's the ``TPTB`` or ``Corporations`` you guys will blame anything or anyone, but the government.

I do blame the government, as well as the illegals, and the businesses that hire them. I also blame the war on drugs and the outlawing of cannabis. They've (governments, corporations, and cartels smuggling drugs and people) created the perfect storm that ensures lots of money makes it into the pockets of everybody but the honest hardworking people of both countries.

I can't understand the priorities of alot of folks in this thread. People are suggesting it's somehow evil and inhumane for us to verify the legal status of migrants, and when they are found to be here illegally, they are given a meal, and a comfy shuttle ride back to their country of origin. Yet, in many other threads you will find some of the same people playing defense for regimes that gun down anybody trying to cross their borders, or at best detaining them indefinitely. When it comes to the U.S., people demand we "evolve", but other countries that actually do commit acts of evil and cruelty on minorities or trespassers get a pass?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Actually, all those business regulations make the U.S. a more productive nation. Any look at productivity and business regulation demonstrates that.

You are happy to support lying cheating and stealing no matter what you have to say.

No doubt, under Reagan and both Bushes, illegal immigration was allowed to flood our country, along with all the other forms of white collar crime. Both Clinton and Obama have done far more to solve the problem.

We get the government people elect, and with so many people buying into the right wing propaganda, such as yourself, we get politicians in office who are nothing but crooks.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The US "admits" no such thing. We are not obligated to, we choose to because it is in our own self interest to do so, and not fuel the drug wars south of the border. Allegedly anyway. But either way, we have no obligation to protect Mexico.

Your wrong. The whistle blower in the article states that it was his job to keep guns from crossing the border and that he was ordered to look the other way. That is an admission. You don't know what the US government is obligated to do because you don't now what agreements your government has made.

Here's another example of US intervention:

U.S. Special Ops Troops Deployed in Mexico

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This statement makes you sound even more like a racist. How is it that your race makes you immune from being a racist? There are black people who are prejudiced against black people and white people against white people. Although from your pro right wing posting, it sounds like your bigotry is aimed more at blue collar workers, supporting white on blue crime.

I'm not racist towards anyone. ATS call everything racist so whatever. `pro right wing posting``? Don't right wing people hate illegals just as much as you?

Sounds like something Archie Bunker would say. Ever hear of him?

No. I have no clue who he is.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join