It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Okay, so reading that article it appears that they did let a shipment of weapons through in order to track those weapons as part of an intelligence op, to see where those weapons would go and their dispersal. A legitimate aim, and hardly a symptom of "US arming Mexico" as you try to assert.

Uhuh, lets all believe that. While at the same time believing that Mexican moms and babies smuggle guns and drugs into Mexico by the tons.

I won't even bother to reply to any other posts by you ever, you sir, are insane.

I'm out.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Okay, so reading that article it appears that they did let a shipment of weapons through in order to track those weapons as part of an intelligence op, to see where those weapons would go and their dispersal. A legitimate aim, and hardly a symptom of "US arming Mexico" as you try to assert.

I'm not saying the US is arming Mexico I'm saying that they are not free of shady actions.

The tracking excuse is just that, an excuse. Damage control. They let them through to track them but they lost track of them and one of them was used to kill a border patrol agent. If it wasn't for that you probably would have never heard of it. Makes you wonder what else your not hearing about.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Uhuh, lets all believe that. While at the same time believing that Mexican moms and babies smuggle guns and drugs into Mexico by the tons.

I won't even bother to reply to any other posts by you ever, you sir, are insane.

I'm out.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

Even if it is as you suppose, that it is the American government directly arming these cartels, that is all the more reason for Mexico to secure their own border.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

They can't secure their own border. They are outgunned by the cartels because the cartels are being supplied with modern semi and fully automatic rifles.

Oh, a new thread just popped up, it's fresh so you'll have to do some digging if you disbelieve it;

US troops deployed in Mexico

Notice how it says: EVERY South American country.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I'm not saying the US is arming Mexico I'm saying that they are not free of shady actions.

The tracking excuse is just that, an excuse. Damage control. They let them through to track them but they lost track of them and one of them was used to kill a border patrol agent. If it wasn't for that you probably would have never heard of it. Makes you wonder what else your not hearing about.

Frankly, I cant say I disagree with that. I don't trust DEA, ATF, none of em. But just the same, it still only goes to prove that Mexico should be doing more to secure "backwash." Even in that article it shows that it was Mexican nationals smuggling the weapons, while ATF watched. They did not supply the weapons and they did not transport them.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Even if it is as you suppose, that it is the American government directly arming these cartels, that is all the more reason for Mexico to secure their own border.

You asked how is it americas fault. There is an example. Besides it may be american law that they don't want guns leaving the country without them being logged or it could have been part of an agreement signed by both countries.
edit on 5-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

They can't secure their own border. They are outgunned by the cartels because the cartels are being supplied with modern semi and fully automatic rifles.

Oh, a new thread just popped up, it's fresh so you'll have to do some digging if you disbelieve it;

US troops deployed in Mexico

Notice how it says: EVERY South American country.

Okay, I really don't see what your point is. If the Mexican government is outgunned, they can but more guns. And don't think for a second that they can't afford it. Mexico is EXTREMELY wealthy, though the people suffer greatly because of a wide income disparity and corruption.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You asked how is it americas fault. There is an example. Besides it may be american law that they don't want guns leaving the country being logged or it could have been part of an agreement signed by both countries.

Is it McDonald's fault if I get fat and have a heart attack? No. If Mexico doesn't want the guns coming in, it is their job to secure their side of the border. Just like Americans don't want illegals coming in, we need to secure our side.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Because of the insane losses on the sides of authority in Mexico, there is not only a shortage of guns but also a shortage of police to use those guns. There was a story a while back about a criminology student being nominated to sheriff of a town because, simply put, there were no other applicants. All sheriffs before her met their demise and people had become to scared to sign up for that position.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Is it McDonald's fault if I get fat and have a heart attack? No. If Mexico doesn't want the guns coming in, it is their job to secure their side of the border. Just like Americans don't want illegals coming in, we need to secure our side.

No it isn't like blaming McDonalds for being fat because you and McDonalds don't have a signed agreement which lays out what the responsabilities and obligations of each part are. The US and Mexico do.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

An organized system? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Did you click the links I posted(I posted them twice for good measures) or did you skip them in order to speak well of your "oh so organized system". Apparently it isn't so well organized, otherwise you wouldn't have these issues in the first place, now would you?

Yeah, you are missing the whole point.

It is an organized system, it's just when people feel like they are above the law and circumvent the rules, that causes problems (all the way up the chain).

You are going to exploit the rules, and break the law, and use the excuse 'well, they made it really easy for us, you are hardly enforcing your own laws, it's easy to break them, so is it really our fault?'

Yeah, it is,, and don't worry, we're working on tightening up the enforcement, ASAP.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Because of the insane losses on the sides of authority in Mexico, there is not only a shortage of guns but also a shortage of police to use those guns. There was a story a while back about a criminology student being nominated to sheriff of a town because, simply put, there were no other applicants. All sheriffs before her met their demise and people had become to scared to sign up for that position.

I don't doubt that at all, but that is still a domestic issue for Mexico. The Mexican government CAN afford better weapons and training for their troops, they choose not to, because they are in bed the cartels and the Mexican people are expendable.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

No it isn't like blaming McDonalds for being fat because you and McDonalds don't have a signed agreement which lays out what the responsabilities and obligations of each part are. The US and Mexico do.

Okay, and? Is Mexico holding up their end of the bargain, protecting their border in either direction? Not even close. So once again it falls to the American taxpayer to fix Mexico's problems for them.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Okay, and? Is Mexico holding up their end of the bargain, protecting their border in either direction? Not even close. So once again it falls to the American taxpayer to fix Mexico's problems for them.

I don't know what the specifics of the security segment of NAFTA or whatever other agreement they have enacted but if the US government says that they have a responability to keep guns from getting into mexico I would think it was part of the deal that they would do that.

Maybe Mexico's part of the deal was to allow drones to enter Mexican airspace or to allow for US agents to operate on their land from the Office of Binational Intelligence.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

America was once the greatest of nations and we didn't have the overwhelming numbers of illegals that we have today. We did just fine without them. If we starve, it won't be because of not having illegal immigrnats.

Lets see...every period of manufacturing in US history has been done at the hands of immigrants. In fact, without immigrants there wouldn't be a USA today!

But lets all stay ignorant of history shall we. Suits religious minds.

I'll show you 'ignorant'...I never said a word about immigrants, I said ILLEGAL immigrants. A world of difference there!!!! Read before you insult people please.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I actually wanted to add that to my post:

"Oh" but you say "those weren't illegals".

I was WAITING for someone to make that post.

Do you know how they treated those "legal immigrants"? Worse than they treat illegal immigrants now so yeh, some of them were even taken from other places, some were sold by their place of origin(Africa/Orient)...

what you fail to understand is that America simply needs the cheap workforce that doesn't bitch about this benefit or that pension, because America simply can't "afford" hiring at "human rates" - this is the harsh reality. And even if some companies can afford "fair wages", they certainly won't be jumping to hand "fair wages" out.

So you think it a good thing that we do not have fair wages or benefits? American companies once paid fair wages and gave benefits and we did just fine. It was greed that put us in the position we are in now. Greedy corporations will cater to illegals and give them jobs at sub-standard wages. How lovely. Greedy corporations abandoned the American citizen in favor of slave labor. How wonderful. Is that the kind of Country you want? One that takes advantage of people and could care less if they fall through the cracks? Just whos side are you on?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I don't know what the specifics of the security segment of NAFTA or whatever other agreement they have enacted but if the US government says that they have a responability to keep guns from getting into mexico I would think it was part of the deal that they would do that.

Maybe Mexico's part of the deal was to allow drones to enter Mexican airspace or to allow for US agents to operate on their land from the Office of Binational Intelligence.

Or maybe part of the deal was for Mexico to keep illegals from crossing the border.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yeah, that person didn't think that through very well did they. Star.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

So you think it a good thing that we do not have fair wages or benefits? American companies once paid fair wages and gave benefits and we did just fine. It was greed that put us in the position we are in now. Greedy corporations will cater to illegals and give them jobs at sub-standard wages. How lovely. Greedy corporations abandoned the American citizen in favor of slave labor.

What's there not to understand about that hypothetical?

Did I say it's a good thing it happens? No. I'm explaining what's happening because obviously you lot are clueless and just want to bash. It's been made perfectly clear.
I never involved my personal opinion in that tidbit, so I don't know why you make it out to be something that I am claiming while it is the businesses in your country that actually act that way. It's called economics. Go back to school, take a class of reading comprehension, some history classes and most definitely economics classes(not home economics).

How wonderful. Is that the kind of Country you want? One that takes advantage of people and could care less if they fall through the cracks? Just whos side are you on?

That's not what I'd want, that is what is happening. Who's side I'm on? What the hell man, learn how to read and understand when other people are making hypothetical points. It'll help prevent you from embarrassing yourself because you just want to bash. And again, this is made perfectly clear by the focus of your post.

You guys are completely ignorant on the issues you face huh? All you know is to point and shout "illegal immigrant!"

edit:

I'll show you 'ignorant'...I never said a word about immigrants, I said ILLEGAL immigrants. A world of difference there!!!! Read before you insult people please.

Uhuh. Illegal immigrants are not immigrants at all(do you even read what you write?).
No way. And I bet all those Chinese people that "came" to the US to fix your railroads were all legally there. How about the people on the plantations? They were legally there right?

You people crack me up

edit on 6-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Yeh, I didn't think that one through...

Do you even stop to wonder that you are making a total ass out of yourselves by not reading what I write but reading what you want to read? It's ridiculous. I'll suggest a class of reading comprehension for you as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join