It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Another one to the slaughtering pits...

Whose the bigot? The first word you threw out was racist.......if you were so intelligent then youd realize that prejudice against a religion isnt RACISM its prejudice.........which is not anywhere near the same thing......

But good job on the name calling through out the thread man, typical tactics.........

I was called a Muslim after I informed the poster of my ethnic background - after he mistook it because everyone with a different opinion than him is a Mexican or something confusing.

That is racism. Then he went on with bigotry and intolerance bashing towards Islam. All the while another poster is trying to connect the immigrant issue with the Iranian "threat".

Typical tactics? What, I'm a disinfo agent now?
Come on, get behind that mask again...quick! What I see is typical demonizing of ethnic minorities. Those that can end up in large groups of people physically fighting it out. You might think that's all fine and dandy but as someone says a word that irks you wrong - typical tactics.

You had been assumed as a Muslim then you said you didn't believe in religion so i asked to to prove it and still nothing. I wanted to see just how unbiased you truly are. I didn't knock down Islam your a coward hiding behind racism and the internet to spew your retarded rants and you got caught lying about not being Muslim! Your beliefs don't constitute fact they are your beliefs and yours alone so its not intolerant to ask you to prove it. I can assure everyone here that I'm ok with you being a Muslim. What I'm not ok with is you hating on Christianity yet begging for tolerance of Islam and claiming to be nonreligious when in fact you are a muslim you cant be tolerant and intolerant at the same time with the same subject

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by querious

please! that is not the case, There has been much research referenced here that shows the cost of illegal immigration. Point me to some research that discusses the benefits of illegal immigration.
I'm anxiously waiting for that.

Benefits? Costs? Alright, I see what kind of person you are now. So the right approach to you would be; hey take a look at those MEGA COMPANIES that embody the American dream. Now look at the amount of illegal immigrants working in these companies. Without these illegal immigrants, millions of Americans would starve. - there. That's one, grade school argument for a benefit.

More nonsensical ramblings from you. Why can't you stay on topic, and discuss the impact of "ILLEGAL" immigration. What are the merits of illegal immigration vs. legal immigration, please enlighten us.

Excuse me, but where was I arguing in between legal and illegal immigration? What I'm approaching is a sociological issue, namely that of demonizing ethnic minorities. Legal, Illegal, purple or blue. Irrelevant. Am I supposed to hold my tongue? I see threads like this pop by once a week or so, same sh# is regurgitated over and over, same hate speech is spoken as if nothing is the matter.

Now, take a look at the responses and tell me they are anything less than what you would expect of a person with racist/bigot tendencies.

Then I posted 5 links to threads which all have connecting points to arguments being used by people in this thread.

Of course, those 5 links are quickly minimized and one insane poster even claims women and babies are smuggling more guns than drugs back into Mexico when confronted with a link(not even mine mind you, as to show how ignorant these people choose to remain). Now you tell me you find that a healthy way to think as a grown adult.

Go ahead, I'll gladly be the one posting nonsensical ramblings(your interpretation btw) as opposed to disgusting hate speech EVERY. DAY. OF. THE. WEEK.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I can assure everyone here that I'm ok with you being a Muslim.

Are you okay with me not being a Muslim though? I mean, does that exist in your world?

What I'm not ok with is you hating on Christianity

I'm not hating on Christianity. I hate on organized religion. Furthermore, I can point to stupidities in the religion I'm most familiar with.

yet begging for tolerance of Islam

I don't see me begging anyone

and claiming to be nonreligious when in fact you are a muslim

Get this through your racist, ignorant skull: I'm not a Muslim.

you cant be tolerant and intolerant at the same time with the same subject

I think you lost it. What is interesting is how bad you underestimate me really
How's that false sense of superiority? Fading yet?

That will be my last reply to you for a couple of weeks. Next time, lets see if you've increased your knowledge.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I just think you are being blinded by your perception of 'racism' on this issue.

What would be your response if I told you I was 1/8th American Indian (Cherokee, but I don't usually admit to that, the other American Indian tribes laugh at me for that.).

I hear over and over from 'legal' immigrants, about how they are disgusted with the illegal immigration issue.
I've heard that first hand from several hispanic 'legal' immigrants, that they are disgusted with the illegal immigration issue; because they realize it is impacting their livelihood, as well.

This is _NOT_ a racist issue, no matter how much you would like it to be, to validate to yourself that all the Americans are evil and racists, which is not the case.

We are a hodgepodge of all ethnicities, but we have an organized system and don't appreciate people coming here illegally and impacting us here.

You keep mentioning the corporate and the rich, but those aren't the ones who are effected by 'illegal' immigration, it's us little guys that feels the pinch, the guy who can't get a job or makes 1/2 as much, because of the glut of under-paid undocumented illegal workers.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I can assure everyone here that I'm ok with you being a Muslim.

Are you okay with me not being a Muslim though? I mean, does that exist in your world?

What I'm not ok with is you hating on Christianity

I'm not hating on Christianity. I hate on organized religion. Furthermore, I can point to stupidities in the religion I'm most familiar with.

yet begging for tolerance of Islam

I don't see me begging anyone

and claiming to be nonreligious when in fact you are a muslim

Get this through your racist, ignorant skull: I'm not a Muslim.

you cant be tolerant and intolerant at the same time with the same subject

I think you lost it. What is interesting is how bad you underestimate me really
How's that false sense of superiority? Fading yet?

That will be my last reply to you for a couple of weeks. Next time, lets see if you've increased your knowledge.

Good zamini now i will just post how you avoided the question and how you failed to prove that your non religious to drive the point home with anyone thinking of giving you a star.
way to give up
edit on 5-6-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by CobraCommander

I never said that you were a Muslim or an extremist.

No, but your brother(s) in ideology did.

I said that your people are parasites.

Well DUH, you are oblivious to things that happen on your own border, on other borders so how could I expect you not to be knowledgeable on history. Do you think an uninformed opinion like yours makes me mad?
I know what my ethnic ancestors achieved and offered this world(do you?), that's all that counts.

I find it exquisite that you are trying to piss me off. Can't fight the facts huh. Now imagine how many desperate people you owe a form of apology to, even if a thought, even if a realization that things weren't as clear cut and black and white as you thought. Don't worry, I don't take offense to your insults as they are founded on nothing but ignorance.

My intention was not to goad you, I simply stated a fact. Personally, I have no beef with the Kurds, but until they have an autonomous homeland, they are parasites on other nations, that's all there is to it.

Personally, I think the Kurds SHOULD have a homeland. But again you chose not to answer my question in that regard.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

How is that an insane rationalization.

How is turning the US arms trade into Mexico into the following NOT insane rationalization?

. Probably an awful lot of illegals and anchor babies smuggling these weapons back into Mexico far easier than running drugs in.

Well???

People that are so avid in defending or encouraging this person? Do you see the effects? You guys are helping each other go NUTS.

What you are experiencing is cognitive dissonance.

If it is illegals and fifth-column Mexican-Americans who are smuggling the guns in, how exactly is that the fault of America?

We have relatively open gun policies. If Mexico doesn't like it, they can close the border, simple as that.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Benefits? Costs? Alright, I see what kind of person you are now. So the right approach to you would be; hey take a look at those MEGA COMPANIES that embody the American dream. Now look at the amount of illegal immigrants working in these companies. Without these illegal immigrants, millions of Americans would starve. - there. That's one, grade school argument for a benefit.

America was once the greatest of nations and we didn't have the overwhelming numbers of illegals that we have today. We did just fine without them. If we starve, it won't be because of not having illegal immigrants.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by querious

I just think you are being blinded by your perception of 'racism' on this issue.

Actually, I find it to be a fitting perception. You see, I also make a distinction between those that intentionally behave in racist manners and those who follow ideologies that stem from racist ideologies.

What would be your response if I told you I was 1/8th American Indian

I don't know, what should it be? Should there even be a response out of the ordinary?

I've heard that first hand from several hispanic 'legal' immigrants, that they are disgusted with the illegal immigration issue; because they realize it is impacting their livelihood, as well.

Yup. They sure realize something is impacting their livelihood. Before that? Not a squeal. I can delve into some psychological mumbo jumbo about why some of these people would be disgusted, but I'll save the other posters headaches.

This is _NOT_ a racist issue, no matter how much you would like it to be, to validate to yourself that all the Americans are evil and racists, which is not the case.

Ah right, that's what I said. All Americans are evil and racists.

Tell me, when you tell someone they are intelligent. Do you do that because they say some things you don't understand or...?

It is not a racist issue solely, but it definitely leans on that pillar big-time. I don't need to validate myself, another something I picked up along the way.

We are a hodgepodge of all ethnicities, but we have an organized system and don't appreciate people coming here illegally and impacting us here.

An organized system? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Did you click the links I posted(I posted them twice for good measures) or did you skip them in order to speak well of your "oh so organized system". Apparently it isn't so well organized, otherwise you wouldn't have these issues in the first place, now would you?

You keep mentioning the corporate and the rich, but those aren't the ones who are effected by 'illegal' immigration, it's us little guys that feels the pinch, the guy who can't get a job or makes 1/2 as much, because of the glut of under-paid undocumented illegal workers.

The corporate and the rich are the ones making deals with each other behind closed doors so that they may pick up the cheapest labor to cut on production costs. Their actions affect you to a greater extent than you can imagine. Their actions always have. And you know what their way to have us not notice has been? They pit us against each other. In fact, they've done it for so long that the majority of people are perfectly capable of dividing themselves up.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

America was once the greatest of nations and we didn't have the overwhelming numbers of illegals that we have today. We did just fine without them. If we starve, it won't be because of not having illegal immigrnats.

Lets see...every period of manufacturing in US history has been done at the hands of immigrants. In fact, without immigrants there wouldn't be a USA today!

But lets all stay ignorant of history shall we. Suits religious minds.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

America was once the greatest of nations and we didn't have the overwhelming numbers of illegals that we have today. We did just fine without them. If we starve, it won't be because of not having illegal immigrnats.

Lets see...every period of manufacturing in US history has been done at the hands of immigrants. In fact, without immigrants there wouldn't be a USA today!

But lets all stay ignorant of history shall we. Suits religious minds.

You are confusing immigration with illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
If it is illegals and fifth-column Mexican-Americans who are smuggling the guns in, how exactly is that the fault of America?

We have relatively open gun policies. If Mexico doesn't like it, they can close the border, simple as that.

But if it isn't? Quit blaming these or those without any facts to back it up. How is it the fault of America:

I was ordered to let guns into Mexico

He was intentionally letting guns go to Mexico? "Yes ma'am," Dodson told CBS News. "The agency was."

An Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms senior agent assigned to the Phoenix office in 2010, Dodson's job is to stop gun trafficking across the border. Instead, he says he was ordered to sit by and watch it happen.

Right the global elitists ordered the agency to let it happen because the 5th column asked them pretty please. You have nothing left to argue. Cheer these types of laws if you like but don't get mad when nothing happens.
edit on 5-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Lol, a little synchronicity. A friend of mine just sent this to me...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It is not the responsibility of ATF to protect Mexico's border. If that were the case, we should have invaded Mexico a long time ago for harboring drug cartels and allowing so many illegals to cross into the US.

EDIT to add: Interesting article nonetheless, and it does anger me to read that.
edit on 5-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I actually wanted to add that to my post:

"Oh" but you say "those weren't illegals".

I was WAITING for someone to make that post.

Do you know how they treated those "legal immigrants"? Worse than they treat illegal immigrants now so yeh, some of them were even taken from other places, some were sold by their place of origin(Africa/Orient)...

what you fail to understand is that America simply needs the cheap workforce that doesn't bitch about this benefit or that pension, because America simply can't "afford" hiring at "human rates" - this is the harsh reality. And even if some companies can afford "fair wages", they certainly won't be jumping to hand "fair wages" out.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It is not the responsibility of ATF to protect Mexico's border. If that were the case, we should have invaded Mexico a long time ago for harboring drug cartels and allowing so many illegals to cross into the US.

Actually it says that it was Dodson's job to stop gun trafficking across the border. He was then ordered to sit back and do nothing by the US government.

Give it up it's right there in black and white. And of course it isn't the american people who are at fault but it is your elected officials so stop acting like they are not the ones pulling the strings.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Okay, so reading that article it appears that they did let a shipment of weapons through in order to track those weapons as part of an intelligence op, to see where those weapons would go and their dispersal. A legitimate aim, and hardly a symptom of "US arming Mexico" as you try to assert.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I actually wanted to add that to my post:

"Oh" but you say "those weren't illegals".

I was WAITING for someone to make that post.

Do you know how they treated those "legal immigrants"? Worse than they treat illegal immigrants now so yeh, some of them were even taken from other places, some were sold by their place of origin(Africa/Orient)...

what you fail to understand is that America simply needs the cheap workforce that doesn't bitch about this benefit or that pension, because America simply can't "afford" hiring at "human rates" - this is the harsh reality. And even if some companies can afford "fair wages", they certainly won't be jumping to hand "fair wages" out.

All the more reason for LEGAL immigrants to hold their ground and fight for what it theirs. I am descended from white slaves who came here and intermarried with natives. So what gives Mexicans or other Latinos the right to invade my lands, take my job, and kill my people?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Oh, and by the way, thanks for revealing yourself as a corporate shill. We can't afford to pay a living wage, so we need slave labor.
edit on 5-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Actually it says that it was Dodson's job to stop gun trafficking across the border. He was then ordered to sit back and do nothing by the US government.

Give it up it's right there in black and white. And of course it isn't the american people who are at fault but it is your elected officials so stop acting like they are not the ones pulling the strings.

Yes, that was his job, that still does not mean he works for Mexico. Why should we even have an ATF agent protecting Mexico in the first place? Let them protect their own damn border.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join