It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange activity in the sky. UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hi there this is my first thread so if I've done anything wrong please just move this thread where it belongs and no not delete it.

About 8.30pm tonight I seen these lights in the sky appearing then disappearing. I have no idea what to make of it. I thought I would share this and see what you all think. Thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chr0nicNZ

Hmmm it does look interesting, they dont appear to move so I guess that widens the possibilities such as flares. Are you able to get a daytime photo of the same area?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Looks to me like a mobile cell tower, with its lights going on and off. This is because they form an irregular triangular pattern. But, I have not seen that area in daylight. Is there any big structure in that vicinity OP? If there isn't, then it could be a UFO.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCardigan

I will film the same exact spot tomorrow morning, Nothing but sky at that spot. It is actually the second time i have seen this happen over the same hill a few months ago but there was only the one light at that time.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The lights are drifting right and slightly up and fading on and off. Looks suspiciously like Chinese lanterns. Although lanterns would be more reddish than blue.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Interesting catch! A daylight update would help us a lot. By now, I'd focus on the glowing, intensity coming and going. That's in my opinion the most peculiar feature. S&F!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Why did you stop filming? Where are you filming from? What happened at the end? Hill you say? How do you know it's over the hill and not on the hill? It's mighty dark on that vid, rural area? No stars?
edit on 4-6-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I was filming it from my bedroom window in a 2nd story house. The reason for little stars is because it was cloudy at the time (raining now). I also know that its over the hill because those lights at the bottom are near the top of the hill. Its not rural just a small city and the reason why i stopped filming is because I was filming from my digital camera which has little space on it (didn't have time to delete what was already on there).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Great first thread you have there. The last blue light at the end there seems to be spinning around a circular object. Thought I was imagining it at first but after watching it a few times, the object appears to be spinning on its' own axis. I have never seen a tower have "floating lights" like these appear to be. Great footage and thank you.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

So what happened at the end? They just fade out or did your brain just have a bit of space left and you didn't have time to delete what was there and couldn't watch anymore?

I see no defintion to any cloud formations at all, how can that be? Have you purposely darkened the video? can you upload the original vid somewhere please (the actual file, not a replay)?
edit on 4-6-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Yes they stopped about a minute or so after filming. The video is completely unedited, increase the brightness if you don't believe me. I can email you the file.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Those are quite cool. They don't look like radio towers or airplanes. Verrrrry interrrresting... please update!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Very interesting, thank you for sharing this video; in what part of New Zealand was this captured?

Regarding the hill below these lights, I tried changing various video parameters but nothing made the hill outline visible against the background. I hope you are still planning to upload a daytime video from the same location; I know it will help me to better understand this event (i.e. UFO, electrical arc's, ball lightning, or something else). Also, what is the compass direction and distance between the observation point and the top of the hill?

Thank you and best regards,
Z

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Fun with LEDs.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Hi there I'm in Nelson, New Zealand. The direction from my room was about north east east. The distance is approximately 2 kilometers I'd say. Yes I'm still going to film a day shot. Its 9.54am but I still can't see the top of the hill because of the low clouds (It's still raining a bit).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can see the similarities and how you would think that but it was obviously something else (LEDs wouldn't be visible at the distance I was from the hill). I'm just waiting waiting for the clouds to clear so I can get a decent daytime shot.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

How do you know how far away the lights are?
How do you know they were above the hill?

edit on 6/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can say with a great deal of certainty that I know how far the hill is because I've walked the tracks on it many times in my life from the area that I live.

I can only assume that the were above the hill due to how cloudy it was, as anything further away would be very hard to see. Right now i can't even see the hill at all because the clouds are so low.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You got my attention s&f

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm sure you know how far away the hill is, that's not what I asked.

I asked how you know how far away the lights are. It's pretty much impossible to judge the distance of a light in the sky. Why can you only assume they were above the hill? Why not closer than the hill?

I understand kite flying is quite popular in Nelson.
www.kites-rainbowflight.co.nz...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join