It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I may be wrong, but the great pyramid does not have any treasure in it, meaning there was no gold at the time. But more modern pyramids had treasure rooms in them full of gold belonging to the Pharaoh who wanted to ascend to heaven. The gold was so the aliens would take it and the pharaoh. They then said that the gold was stolen by thieves even though the tombs were very secure.

Just an idea to go along with the gold theory. I was going to say the theory was wrong because the pharaoh had gold, so if it was valuable, why make it into jewlery, but then I thought well the great pyramid had no treasure in it (according to history channel, this could be wrong), so maybe they did take the gold. Who knows, I'm speculating, I don't know but it's fun to guess. The fate of the world won't be changed if I believe in aliens or not for a few moments of my day.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey nice try wish I would've saw this when you first posted it. It's funny.. I knew you would do this. You basically just proved that the aah as shown by the history channel has some kinks as do most, at first. You have proved aah doesn't have it down to a science. I would point out the flaws in your thread but I think all the previous post do a descent job of doing that for me.
edit on 4-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I may be wrong, but the great pyramid does not have any treasure in it, meaning there was no gold at the time. But more modern pyramids had treasure rooms in them full of gold belonging to the Pharaoh who wanted to ascend to heaven. The gold was so the aliens would take it and the pharaoh. They then said that the gold was stolen by thieves even though the tombs were very secure.

You're not wrong - they didn't find any bodies in there either, though they're pretty confident in themselves that "that" is why they were built. Other than a few "mummified parts", (and apparently some paint splotches), for something so grand, there's actually nothing even remotely comparable INSIDE the great pyramid, to what you would find in the Valley of the Kings.

I'm more inclined to believe in the theory that the great pyramids were ancient power plants.

But I'm a novice.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You are absolutely right about that gold airplane looking thing. I was screaming at the TV when I watched that 'How can you say that proves it came from aliens?". That really blows my mind that people can make that connection. Why would aliens teach the ancients about a technology that they obviously couldn't be using to travel interstellar distances? It is an interesting artifact and I am inclined to think it represents a flying object because of the opposed tail section that is constructed like a rudder and stabilizer, but I have no problem believing that some inventive ancient peoples came up with a glider. I don't know why they would portray it in a gold miniature, but that is not a really great mistery. That is just a question of taste in art. Maybe someone who was really into those ancient gliders or someone who built and sold them had it made for some reason or other. No reason to think extra terrestrials were involved.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Amaterasu

Except they don't exist. They were created by Sitchin. It was a way to essentially summarize his theory and to present it from the viewpoint of the Annunaki. It was intended to be a work of fiction.

Really. Have You any support for that claim?

I have found none.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

"You are absolutely right about that gold airplane looking thing"... wow,... what an intellectual perspective you have...

maybe you should take the time to study the subject before interjecting such a profound statement...

there are a number of artifacts that depict flying "things" that are plausibly an interpretation of flying technology not familiar to the artist fabricating these artifacts...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Some one has way to much time on their hands...no offense

It is theory, but so is the main stream scientific explanation of how we humans came to be, and organized religion, they have done a good job trying to convince the population that the missing link to humanity is unkown...

Overall a Good Series 1 & 2, is there much speculation? of course. Is it considered fringe science / theory? Yes. Are there times where the repetitive speculation on certain subjects becomes annoying? Yes of course.

But the thing to remember is that all information is up for discernment. There is much information in Esoteric texts that describes all of this. There is also much disinformation put out by Governments to cover up such truths.

After all the reality we find ourselves in and the information we take as truth , for the most part is created & fabricated by those who have everything to lose by telling the truth about humanity, out past and so forth. Think for yourself. Push the envelope. When you become closed minded and complacent is when things become dangerous. Its time for humanity to wake up, while this series may have very hard to swallow information for most, it contains glimmers of the actual truth. And its much stranger than fiction.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Who did the translation? Was it a mainstream historian or someone with a presupposition to AAH?

Unknown. And according to the poster above You, they are fictional. I hope I get a report of where that is shown. To My knowledge, the Enki tablets were found by the army... I have been known to be wrong.

I do know that it has been said that there is little difference between what Sitchen translated and "official" translations. [shrug]

I've actually read the Terra Papers before but I see no reason to believe that it's true. For one thing it plays some pretty silly linguistic tricks, twisting names of alien races into words in English, latin, ancient Egyptian etc. For instance the SSS-T are said to be the source for Hitlers SS. We have a pretty firm grasp of how both linguistic and biological evolution work, no evidence for any of these alien empires mentioned in the Terra Papers exists.

Or We think We do... Be that as it may, I thought I was reading a bad space opera at first, but as things approached the present, suddenly things I had scratched My head over - LOTS of things - clicked into some semblance of sense. Well, not just some semblance - many things made perfect sense to me. No other thing I have read made this world so comprehensible to Me.

I guess that's why I tend to believe the Papers. At least, I give them a high probability of containing large amounts of truth....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens aren't Debunked

The pyramids in egypt were not made by humans.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Started watching the video last night, but fell asleep about half way through. Very interesting information and does anyone know where I can get that book, Chariots of the gods?.. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just to add my 2-bob about the ancient alien theory, I believe it could be possible that aliens did come and help us along... But also I do not dismiss that our races may have had the technology back in ancient times. Maybe we lost our technology through catastrophes or something and it has taken us all this time to find it again... Its a very interesting subject.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I must say OP i will admit that there are many holes but to say its DEBUNKED??? Until we have 100 % proof of what happened it cant be debunked no one knows and the problem , people by nature will find answers for what they dont or cant understand .

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm only gonna comment, OP, on one point: Nazca.

I've said it for years that the whole airstrip hypothesis is rubbish. The Nazca plains, IMO, as a whole are a massive stellar and solar observatory. The parallel lines are merely geographical tracking points to accurately chart positions of stars over specific time periods. Advanced for ancient culture? Sure. Advanced even for today's Peru (lol) but not extraterrestrial in any way, shape or form.

The pictoglyphs in an around the nazca plain, for the most part, represent constellations that were relevant to that ancient culture. The 'spider's' legs are supposedly the belt stars of orion, and so on and it is absolutely possible to recreate any picture on a much grander scale than the original design, using very primitive methods.

Will read the rest of your post now.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Ancient Aliens aren't Debunked

The pyramids in egypt were not made by humans.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Oh good Lord.

Fighting debunked theories with other debunked theories.
edit on 4-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Nobody really knows what was going on back then with 100% certainty. Anything plausible, could be possible back then. So some interesting theories are good entertainment.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I would draw your attention to how the Terran Papers are the creation of a man who's bona fides and credibility have been found rather lacking...

So what? Many shady people hold truth. And I am on the fence about Morning Sky. I sense an arm twist.. Heh. I'm sure it's just My conspiracy side speaking. Be that as it may, I would be interested in seeing Your examples of why the ideas therein DON'T explain how things are in this universe. To Me, it was the ONLY thing I had read that had made sense of the mess I see.

But then, I have personal knowledge of things many poo-poo. Black ops tech. And that figures into My picture.

Anyway, You go ahead and attack the Guy's character and standing. The piece itself - the information it holds - is what's "on trial."

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow!! This thread took off like a UFO at a Gospel reunion!! LOL
"What is the OP's problem with excepting the fact he has "NOT" brought anything new or ground breaking to the table."
Sure, they were probably man made (Depending on what the definition of man was 10's of K's ago) but they had some kind of realistic purpose. These events weren't something that the ancient's dreamed up just too have something to do.
There is so much more to explain than not to explain by the way of the OP's inhospitable term of "Debunked" is used. If there is going to be conclusions that are going to be proclaimed and pronounced, they should have at least "Good" argumentative proof.
I haven't heard of the possibility of the Antarctic land bridges that may have existed. They even had detailed maps that were drawn and purchased by some Sultan. It showed the area as it would have appeared before the ice caps began forming, OR, they may be the rendition of the Antarctic Ice caps after the biblical deluge and there was some one there to record the land mass as it was after the great glacier melt and slip. Either way, to be that topographical, one would need to be air born to depict it so accurately.
The dyarite slabs at Puma Punko ? Come on, it is something that carver's and professional stone sharpers say they could not even do with such perfection. Not to mention the time it would take and the equipment that it would involve. They aren't even absolutely sure with the date's they have surmised thus far with any of the sites in question. They are in speculative mode for the Carbon dating of the thing's they could properly test.
The Mayan, Incas and Aztec have been found in existence all over the Americas of that region, not simply in one place, and the tribes and the people from here to there all have tales of approximately the same stories and experiences during this great migration from the plains (What would have been lush forested area at the time) of Africa and Mesopotamia, Erech,Canaan, Ur, Sinai, these aren't made up places, they are as the nose on your face.
And what of time? Who was brilliant enough to know what a minute would mean let a lone a 24 hour cycle of our planet between the sun and the moon? These are not thing's that one just figures out to be used as it has been used for millennial none adjusted endeavor's. principles are still here, we just are giving credit to the wrong people. We are not a solstice race from the get go, we had to be taught to understand what all of it meant, unless of course you have the answer for that for the first telescope invented was by the Sumerians? If so , "Prove it."
There are so many categories of argument to this theoretical "Debunking" thread that it makes my head spin.
Here is one for you all. "Why is the credit for medical sciences given to Hypocrites when it is well know and accepted that Imhotep was the true man of medical sciences?" Shouldn't it then be the "Imhotepian Oath?" Not the world renowned "Hippocratic Oath"?
We have done these kind of false reward accepted principle crap thing's for so long that we have become convoluted with argument and not back to the basis of all intellectual ability, and for all the argument given thus far, it is a skeptics thread. A one sided self implored ideology of greatness with nothing other than evidences by their means to create the argument that winds up in a complete and utterly lame circle.
I say "Leave it alone for a while." Lets see what becomes of what.
Tragedy is that there has been no one here yet that had or has any proof one way or the other. It remains mundane for the none believer and it remains untold for the optimistic ones of this topic.
PROOF,PROOF and Proof, come on OP, walking on the shoulders of the sublime isn't really sharing nothing new or mind rattling. It has become boring with every rebuttal being the same. Recant your statement, for it is not true, and you know it is only your own perception of thing's of such nature.
And by the way, Sitchin wasn't the first man to think this Ancient Alien theory up, it has been going on for from the days of the Conquistadors. And even for longer than that if the texts you claim are nothing more than mere lore from the Sumerians to the Mesopotamian s. Thomas Edison was once asked how he had felt about his failures of something like 980 times of improperly inventing the light bulb, his reply was something like "No, they were not failures. I just know 980 ways how not to make a light bulb." Now that is class.
And by the way "This is your burden to prove!! You claimed you have debunked this as theory or even rational assumption." Prove it.....

edit on 113030p://0974 by Allred5923 because: added

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You have to remember that the majority of the population do not or did not know these items or theories existed. Without the alien spin the luster or excitement to watch it would be lost. I dont blame them for the way they present it, I actually thank the...YES THANK THEM for at least bringing what we discuss here to light even if it is motivated for ratings.

Relax, it is spun for viewership but still to a degree it is getting the information out for people to think about and that is a good thing in my opinion.

sniper out...!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Here we go again.

The dyarite slabs at Puma Punko ? Come on, it is something that carver's and professional stone sharpers say they could not even do with such perfection.

Source please. I mean a stonecutter. Not one of those kooks on Ancient Aliens.

The Mayan, Incas and Aztec have been found in existence all over the Americas of that region, not simply in one place, and the tribes and the people from here to there all have tales of approximately the same stories and experiences during this great migration from the plains

Wow, people of a common origin have common myths and legends. What a surprise.

We are not a solstice race from the get go, we had to be taught to understand what all of it meant, unless of course you have the answer for that for the first telescope invented was by the Sumerians? If so , "Prove it."

You don't need a telescope to note the solstice. All you need is good observational skills. If your livelihood depends on knowing when to plant, your observational skills get good. Very good.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Where there ancient aliens? Sure, why not. Did they build the pyramids and leave clues? I don't believe so, I believe at one point in time we had a golden age - talked to people from other worlds and suddenly all hell broke loose. Who knows why they don't talk to us now - perhaps we are suffering the ramifications of some ancient war/epoch? Perhaps we de-evolved from what we used to be before the great ice age?

OP - theories can be theories - people can speculate all they want. Half the time when I watch Ancient Aliens - I usually shake my head because I figure humans were behind many of the anomalies, not aliens. We have a lost ancient past that is just beginning to surface, people point to the sky because they can't attribute such greatness to our ancestors - whom history has forgotten and distorted.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join